RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,724
Members: 24,210
Currently online: 778
Newest member: vagarcia74

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 2 2010, 05:08 PM   #16
nx1701g
Admiral

Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars New Year's Day Double Featue

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I assumed they were the clone's children since when Rex first walked in they said you look like our daddy. And didn't they have kinda tan faces? ... I also thought it was hilarious that they had children sitting around the war room while viewing footage of a hostage about to executed! WTF!
The episode guide suggests they are his biological children.

Not Dead Yet.
nx1701g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2 2010, 08:44 PM   #17
adv1701
Lieutenant Commander

I liked the episodes,the first one was the better of the two. I loved the new cruiser anyone have any idea what it's called. Hopefully they come out with a titanium one.
adv1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2 2010, 09:00 PM   #18
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Just some thoughts:

They seem to continue to get more and more comfortable with camera work and lighting and the like. I was suprised by some of the close-ups of Greivous when he was coming after Obi-Wan.

You think Grievous would get bored with all these damn droids as companions. He does seem to take out his frustrations on them so maybe that is reflected.

Nice wife. You shouldn't have naughty thoughts over cartoon polygons....

Interesting to have some Ahsokaless episodes. I liked the voice of the Jedi chick (whatever her name was).

You'd think they'd manufacture a lot more commando droids and droidekas. I guess the assumption is that they are expensive/hard to manufacture.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2 2010, 10:41 PM   #19
Christopher
Writer

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
You'd think they'd manufacture a lot more commando droids and droidekas. I guess the assumption is that they are expensive/hard to manufacture.
According to a behind-the-scenes article I read recently (I think it was an interview with Matthew Wood, the Lucasfilm sound engineer who does the voices of Grievous and all the Separatist droid types), the idea behind the basic, stupid grunt-type droids is that they're cheap, mass-produced, and expendable, which is why their mental capacity is so limited. So I'd say you're right -- the more capable, smarter ones are costlier and thus less common.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 2 2010, 11:56 PM   #20
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

hmmm....why does Grievous hate the Jedi....it couldn't be because his body was destroyed so thuroughly that all thats left of him are a few organs in jars, could it?
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3 2010, 12:06 AM   #21
Christopher
Writer

There's another Matthew Wood interview on Starwars.com in which he offers his opinion on Grievous's motivations:
"I see Grievous' hatred of the Jedi stemming from intense jealousy; the Jedi have a skill that has been unattainable by Grievous," says Wood. "Even though the technical skill of the lightsaber has been taught to him by Count Dooku, Grievous still lacks the Force-sensitivity to grasp the true nature of the Jedi. So many things seem just out of reach to Grievous, intensifying his jealousy and frustration."

Old January 3 2010, 12:09 AM   #22
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

^ I sure wish they'd make that part of the actual series somehow. I think the show is pretty good (I find it thoroughly entertaining) ... but it could stand a tad bit more character development and exploration.
Old January 3 2010, 02:22 AM   #23
Mr Light
Admiral

Speaking of Force powers, much as I love Grevious it's ridiculous that he can ever win a protracted duel with a Jedi. Why don't they just Force push him? Or trip him? Or rip his hands off? Or crush his organ sack like Mace does right before ROTS starts?

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3 2010, 06:07 AM   #24
Christopher
Writer

Force telekinesis requires concentration, and when you're fighting off four lightsabers simultaneously, it's kind of hard to concentrate on anything else.

Old January 3 2010, 07:20 AM   #25
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Checking out the episode guide for "The Deserter" on the official site, I came across this...

Cut explains himself, saying he made a choice not to kill for a living, and that his duty is now to his adopted family. Just then, Suu and the children enter the barn and invite Rex to dinner.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 01:21 AM   #26
Deimos Anomaly
Rear Admiral

Looking at this ep recently after downloading TCW off iTunes (never watched it before) I think at least one of the kids is definitely biological.

One of them has full length head-tails and the Twi'lek cone ears.

The other has shorter, stubby head tails, and more human-like ears.

I must say I was taken by surprise. Interspecies breeding and successful production of offspring is common in ST of course, but I had thought SW deliberately steered clear of it... I guess I thought maybe GL thought it was silly...

Evidently, not so.
Old March 12 2013, 01:42 AM   #27
Christopher
Writer

Deimos Anomaly wrote: View Post
Looking at this ep recently after downloading TCW off iTunes (never watched it before) I think at least one of the kids is definitely biological.
Did you mean "biracial?"

Old March 14 2013, 02:10 AM   #28
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
Force telekinesis requires concentration, and when you're fighting off four lightsabers simultaneously, it's kind of hard to concentrate on anything else.
But if you had two or more Jedi fighting him, one could fight off the sabers leaving another one to use the Force on him. Or the Jedi could simply use the Force before he got close enough.