Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old March 11 2013, 03:54 PM   #16
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

Re: New Star Trek Into Darkness Teaser

If I were a fangirl, I would have squeed.
Old March 11 2013, 04:14 PM   #17
The Stig
Rear Admiral

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
If I were a fangirl, I would have squeed.
Oh, I did.

All we know is, he's called The Stig.
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 04:52 PM   #18
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

I noticed they've changed the city around Spock, when he jumps off the floating platform thing.

The next shot of him falling remains the same, so the buildings suddenly change. Work in progress!
Maybe that means all the current-day looking cars, lorries and busses on the streets are gonna change, too.
Old March 11 2013, 04:55 PM   #19
HaventGotALife
Fleet Captain

King Daniel wrote: View Post
I noticed they've changed the city around Spock, when he jumps off the floating platform thing.

The next shot of him falling remains the same, so the buildings suddenly change. Work in progress!
Maybe that means all the current-day looking cars, lorries and busses on the streets are gonna change, too.
I, personally, like the first image better.
Old March 11 2013, 05:58 PM   #20
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile

I'm not sure there has been a change. I think i read they jump from platform to platform during that chase scene, so maybe they are different platforms in different areas.

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 06:39 PM   #21
Kpnuts
Commodore

SalvorHardin wrote: View Post

I'm not sure there has been a change. I think i read they jump from platform to platform during that chase scene, so maybe they are different platforms in different areas.
Unlikely seeing as it's an identical angle.

The first image looks more complete with better post-processing, hopefully it's the final one.
Kpnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 07:25 PM   #22
Dave Scarpa
Lieutenant Commander

I don't know it looks like less Trek than the first one did, what with Kirk and Spock Piloting the Millennium Falcon and piloting thru the asteroid field. And everyone wants to take everyone out. When did our gang of explorers become so blood thirsty. And does every movie have to have some wacko looking to destroy earth, I get enough of that in real life can we do what the Enterprise was meant to be doing boldly going...
Dave Scarpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 07:40 PM   #23
Flake
Commodore

Dave Scarpa wrote: View Post
I don't know it looks like less Trek than the first one did, what with Kirk and Spock Piloting the Millennium Falcon and piloting thru the asteroid field. And everyone wants to take everyone out. When did our gang of explorers become so blood thirsty. And does every movie have to have some wacko looking to destroy earth, I get enough of that in real life can we do what the Enterprise was meant to be doing boldly going...
I think Kirk is personally disgusted by Harrisons actions due to him having lost someone close to him (based on an plot outline released by Paramount) so its no surprise he wants to be the one leading the manhunt. I know he says 'take him out' but surely not assassinate him? I think starfleet would want him alive. Poor choice of words by Orci/Kurtzman/Lindelof. The dialogue is more crude I admit but Enterprise is also guilty of this as well, I think it is done to widen the audience; but I don't think it is necessary. Chris Nolans films have proved that people will still flock to an intelligent movie if its good. Orci/Kurtzman have not got the message and are still in Transformers mode.

I agree that the villain threatening Earth is a case of Deja Vu and I hope we can explore some strange new world in the next movie without any Earth involvement. More of a geniune mystery? Sort of like 'The chase' from TNG done right?
Flake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 08:41 PM   #24
siskokid888
Fleet Captain

Yea, because Kirk never killed the bad guy in TOS. Or the movies for that matter
"Enterprise, starship, the places you've been to, the things that you've shown us, the stories you tell, Enterprise, starship we sing to your spirit and the beings that have served you so long and so well"
siskokid888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 09:07 PM   #25
Nero's Shadow
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Nero's Shadow

As anyone noticed that the new teaser trailer is very similar to the 2009 trailer !!! Kirk in space suit getting ejected from space..... 2009 trailer kirk doing space dive !!!! Pike giving kirk a lecture.... Pike talking to Kirk about how great he could be in the bar scene...... Enterprise jumping to warp..... Enterprise jumping to warp 2009...... only thing not shown to much is the bad guy.... Can't wait !!!!!
Old March 11 2013, 09:43 PM   #26
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Nero's!!! Shadow!!!!! wrote: View Post
As anyone noticed that the new teaser trailer is very similar to the 2009 trailer !!! Kirk in space suit getting ejected from space..... 2009 trailer kirk doing space dive !!!! Pike giving kirk a lecture.... Pike talking to Kirk about how great he could be in the bar scene...... Enterprise jumping to warp..... Enterprise jumping to warp 2009...... only thing not shown to much is the bad guy.... Can't wait !!!!!
I don't have an exact count, but I think that there are more exclamation points in this one than in the 2009 trailer.
Old March 11 2013, 10:43 PM   #27
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Kirk and Spock Piloting the Millennium Falcon
Looks more like the Captain's Yacht from Insurrection to me, minus the nacelles.
Old March 11 2013, 10:46 PM   #28
Therin of Andor
Admiral

View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile

Saw it tonight with "Oz". The 3D looked much better than the ST presentation that was attached to "The Hobbit".

When I came out of the cinema (in London), I saw this as a giant 3D display:

Star Trek Into Darkness by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

I wonder who that new looming villain is?
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 11:15 PM   #29
Squiggy
LORD SHIT SUPREME

View Squiggy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
I get some satisfaction out of.knowing that the haters will have to stand by and watch this succeed far beyond any of.the things they prefer.
Clearly you know nothing of crafting cinema.

See? Star Trek peaked with people were sitting around a table talking about diplomatic minutia. The numbers don't lie.
Old March 12 2013, 02:39 AM   #30
Gil T.Azell
Rear Admiral

Kinda looked like Pike could walk?