RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,772
Posts: 5,216,853
Members: 24,218
Currently online: 655
Newest member: momogila

TrekToday headlines

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 11 2013, 11:56 AM   #16
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Being Human series 5

Like the extra scene on the Earthshock DVD were Adrik survives crashing intt he earth and killing all the dinosaurs? (check youtube. Hilarious.)

I mean, the DVD is either going to restate the obvious at a greater volume for the hard of hearing and simple, or back pedal claiming that they were just kidding like when Gina Davis and Susan Saradon claimed during pre-chatter while handing out an Academy Award that Thelma and Louise Bounced when they hit the bottom of the grand Canyon because they both wanted to be the in the sequal becuase they had bills to pay.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 07:10 PM   #17
HappyDayRiot
Commodore
 
HappyDayRiot's Avatar
 
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Re: Being Human series 5

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
Well it was a more upbeat ending than I expected but why did they have to pull that bit at the end?
I was genuinely expecting them all to die and maybe even have the devil win. Still, this was nice too.

I'm still annoyed this got cancelled after just one full series of Hal, Tom and Alex though. I would quite happily watch another series of those three watching Cash in the Attic/Bargain Hunt if that's what's on offer!
__________________
"All you ever feel is anger. Why can't you ever express anything else?" Francine
"Because people make me mad all the time for being stupid about everything!" Stan
HappyDayRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 07:33 PM   #18
Bob The Skutter
Admiral
 
Bob The Skutter's Avatar
 
Location: Bob The Skutter
View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: Being Human series 5

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
Well it was a more upbeat ending than I expected but why did they have to pull that bit at the end?
I was genuinely expecting them all to die and maybe even have the devil win. Still, this was nice too.

I'm still annoyed this got cancelled after just one full series of Hal, Tom and Alex though. I would quite happily watch another series of those three watching Cash in the Attic/Bargain Hunt if that's what's on offer!
That wasn't what I was talking about. I meant the


Yeah, I was expecting them all to die and saving the world to be the happy ending of sorts. And I agree it's a shame we only got a short time with these guys, would gladly have kept watching, but at least it was a decent ending. I guess we just hope that In The Flesh is good and continues for a few series.
__________________
And their call for war on poverty is a smokescreen we don't need, cos the only war worth fighting for is a war on their pure greed. : Acid Country - Paul Heaton
Bob The Skutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 11:13 PM   #19
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Being Human series 5

There was no way that that was a "hint".

Nobody lived happily ever after.

Sure, their souls are in a happy-place but the Devil is sticking pineapples up their bum.

(You know something is wrong when you unintentionally reference two different Adam Sandlar movies in one sentence.)
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 07:37 AM   #20
Bob The Skutter
Admiral
 
Bob The Skutter's Avatar
 
Location: Bob The Skutter
View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: Being Human series 5

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
There was no way that that was a "hint".

Nobody lived happily ever after.

Sure, their souls are in a happy-place but the Devil is sticking pineapples up their bum.

(You know something is wrong when you unintentionally reference two different Adam Sandlar movies in one sentence.)
And it's all Hal's fault because he told the devil that he messed up in not putting them together. Though to be fair they may have all died and that's them in heaven.
__________________
And their call for war on poverty is a smokescreen we don't need, cos the only war worth fighting for is a war on their pure greed. : Acid Country - Paul Heaton
Bob The Skutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 02:19 PM   #21
HappyDayRiot
Commodore
 
HappyDayRiot's Avatar
 
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Re: Being Human series 5

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
Well it was a more upbeat ending than I expected but why did they have to pull that bit at the end?
I was genuinely expecting them all to die and maybe even have the devil win. Still, this was nice too.

I'm still annoyed this got cancelled after just one full series of Hal, Tom and Alex though. I would quite happily watch another series of those three watching Cash in the Attic/Bargain Hunt if that's what's on offer!
That wasn't what I was talking about. I meant the


Yeah, I was expecting them all to die and saving the world to be the happy ending of sorts. And I agree it's a shame we only got a short time with these guys, would gladly have kept watching, but at least it was a decent ending. I guess we just hope that In The Flesh is good and continues for a few series.
Ah right. That did seem unnecessary. Apparently though there will be an extra/deleted scene on the DVD that will clarify the ending properly. I understand why it was put there (well, presumably) to leave it open for more if another series were to ever happen. But it really wasn't needed as it stands, and was far too similar to a... certain blockbuster sci-fi film about dreams from a few years, shall we say.
__________________
"All you ever feel is anger. Why can't you ever express anything else?" Francine
"Because people make me mad all the time for being stupid about everything!" Stan
HappyDayRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 02:44 PM   #22
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Being Human series 5

I can't remember who said it but I think I was in the future... "If you think there's traitor, some one working against you for the enemy and you have no idea who it is, take hint, and look at who you're sleeping with, because it's most likely her."

There's no such thing as happily ever after, hell, I'm not sure if I believe in contentedly ever after, or even painlessly ever after... So if you think everything is blissful, then you're most likely in the midst of a delusional episode that's probably going to end in a stroke.

They all lose their curses without warning and live happily ever after?

Fuck that.

Happily ever after?

That's never happened before to anyone and will never happen to any one ever after.

I call Shenanigans!

I don't see why I have to.

They're in the Devil's Matrix.

Nick Scratch was too cheep to keep building new universes to host his fantasies for these rubes.

And that's how we know.

The alternative is... With his dying breath the devil left behind a tiny mind fuck.

Not leprosy, or blindness but a tiny mind fuck Tom is too stupid to figure out and the other two don't have enough information to unravel.

What a cutfucking rate Devil!

(Yes it was just like Inception, if Inception didn't exist, this wouldn't be half as funny. Inception was the set up and this was the punchline, drawing form the culturalinfosphere, which is why it's there.)
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.