Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 11 2013, 11:56 AM   #16
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Being Human series 5

Like the extra scene on the Earthshock DVD were Adrik survives crashing intt he earth and killing all the dinosaurs? (check youtube. Hilarious.)

I mean, the DVD is either going to restate the obvious at a greater volume for the hard of hearing and simple, or back pedal claiming that they were just kidding like when Gina Davis and Susan Saradon claimed during pre-chatter while handing out an Academy Award that Thelma and Louise Bounced when they hit the bottom of the grand Canyon because they both wanted to be the in the sequal becuase they had bills to pay.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 07:10 PM   #17
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
Well it was a more upbeat ending than I expected but why did they have to pull that bit at the end?
I was genuinely expecting them all to die and maybe even have the devil win. Still, this was nice too.

I'm still annoyed this got cancelled after just one full series of Hal, Tom and Alex though. I would quite happily watch another series of those three watching Cash in the Attic/Bargain Hunt if that's what's on offer!
Old March 11 2013, 07:33 PM   #18
Bob The Skutter
Admiral

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
Well it was a more upbeat ending than I expected but why did they have to pull that bit at the end?
I was genuinely expecting them all to die and maybe even have the devil win. Still, this was nice too.

I'm still annoyed this got cancelled after just one full series of Hal, Tom and Alex though. I would quite happily watch another series of those three watching Cash in the Attic/Bargain Hunt if that's what's on offer!
That wasn't what I was talking about. I meant the

Yeah, I was expecting them all to die and saving the world to be the happy ending of sorts. And I agree it's a shame we only got a short time with these guys, would gladly have kept watching, but at least it was a decent ending. I guess we just hope that In The Flesh is good and continues for a few series.
Old March 11 2013, 11:13 PM   #19
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

There was no way that that was a "hint".

Nobody lived happily ever after.

Sure, their souls are in a happy-place but the Devil is sticking pineapples up their bum.

(You know something is wrong when you unintentionally reference two different Adam Sandlar movies in one sentence.)

Old March 12 2013, 07:37 AM   #20
Bob The Skutter
Admiral

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
There was no way that that was a "hint".

Nobody lived happily ever after.

Sure, their souls are in a happy-place but the Devil is sticking pineapples up their bum.

(You know something is wrong when you unintentionally reference two different Adam Sandlar movies in one sentence.)
And it's all Hal's fault because he told the devil that he messed up in not putting them together. Though to be fair they may have all died and that's them in heaven.
Old March 13 2013, 02:19 PM   #21
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post

That wasn't what I was talking about. I meant the

Yeah, I was expecting them all to die and saving the world to be the happy ending of sorts. And I agree it's a shame we only got a short time with these guys, would gladly have kept watching, but at least it was a decent ending. I guess we just hope that In The Flesh is good and continues for a few series.
Ah right. That did seem unnecessary. Apparently though there will be an extra/deleted scene on the DVD that will clarify the ending properly. I understand why it was put there (well, presumably) to leave it open for more if another series were to ever happen. But it really wasn't needed as it stands, and was far too similar to a... certain blockbuster sci-fi film about dreams from a few years, shall we say.
Old March 13 2013, 02:44 PM   #22
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I can't remember who said it but I think I was in the future... "If you think there's traitor, some one working against you for the enemy and you have no idea who it is, take hint, and look at who you're sleeping with, because it's most likely her."

There's no such thing as happily ever after, hell, I'm not sure if I believe in contentedly ever after, or even painlessly ever after... So if you think everything is blissful, then you're most likely in the midst of a delusional episode that's probably going to end in a stroke.

They all lose their curses without warning and live happily ever after?

Fuck that.

Happily ever after?

That's never happened before to anyone and will never happen to any one ever after.

I call Shenanigans!

I don't see why I have to.

They're in the Devil's Matrix.

Nick Scratch was too cheep to keep building new universes to host his fantasies for these rubes.

And that's how we know.

The alternative is... With his dying breath the devil left behind a tiny mind fuck.

Not leprosy, or blindness but a tiny mind fuck Tom is too stupid to figure out and the other two don't have enough information to unravel.

What a cutfucking rate Devil!

(Yes it was just like Inception, if Inception didn't exist, this wouldn't be half as funny. Inception was the set up and this was the punchline, drawing form the culturalinfosphere, which is why it's there.)