RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,686
Posts: 5,430,531
Members: 24,830
Currently online: 419
Newest member: Old Man 51


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 1 2013, 12:43 AM   #301
RAMA
Vice Admiral
 
RAMA's Avatar
 
Location: NJ, USA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
And the final part of our ROGER LAY, JR. interview with some more great TNG Blu information!

http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/02/exc...view-part-v-2/

Roger talks about his hopes to make the "reunion" feature a common theme on the sets, and discusses some of his ideas for combinations in futures seasons.

Plus - some great information on an idea for a "composers reunion". This sounds AMAZING to me - I'm a huge Trek music fan - and it's wonderful to see Ron Jones is locked in for Season 4!
Not sure I can thank TC enough for these. As it is now, Roger Lay and a handful of others appear to be good choices to pick up the mantle for a future Trek series.

RAMA
__________________
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan
RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2013, 04:14 AM   #302
davejames
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Sac, Ca
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

I'm not an ENT fan, but I have to admit the extras do sound pretty damn cool. But unfortunately $60-70 is still just to much to pay for extras alone.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2013, 04:03 PM   #303
Salinga
Captain
 
Salinga's Avatar
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Im an not an ENT fan myself, I stopped watching it during second season. But these special features for the ENT Blu-Rays are actually making me think to buy these sets anyway. But I am going to wait until the price is dropping, I can wait a couple of months more to have them.
Salinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2013, 11:44 PM   #304
RAMA
Vice Admiral
 
RAMA's Avatar
 
Location: NJ, USA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

davejames wrote: View Post
I'm not an ENT fan, but I have to admit the extras do sound pretty damn cool. But unfortunately $60-70 is still just to much to pay for extras alone.

At just over $2 an episode it seems like a good deal.

RAMA
__________________
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan
RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2013, 04:55 PM   #305
Aatrek
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Season 3 is down to $77.99 in the US, and will probably keep dropping as we get closer to the April release date: http://amzn.to/12cIpri
Aatrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2013, 07:32 PM   #306
RAMA
Vice Admiral
 
RAMA's Avatar
 
Location: NJ, USA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Aatrek wrote: View Post
Season 3 is down to $77.99 in the US, and will probably keep dropping as we get closer to the April release date: http://amzn.to/12cIpri

Nice
__________________
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan
RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 02:27 PM   #307
Patrick O'Brien
Captain
 
Patrick O'Brien's Avatar
 
Location: Brooklyn NY
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

^Not bad. I may pre-order now.
__________________
The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
-Dr. McCoy, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Patrick O'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 05:17 PM   #308
Beta-Z
Lieutenant Commander
 
Beta-Z's Avatar
 
Location: Germany
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

If amazon has the correct information and there are actually 7 discs this time in the set, there will have to be a changing in the packaging size.

Don't know if there is place for one more disc in the usually amaray version, in the steelbook versions that i collect, there is certainly not.

So, they either have to just throw in the 7th disc wrapped in a paper sheet or they have to reconfigure the box size.

Not sure, which I'd prefere.
Beta-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 07:27 PM   #309
jimbotron
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Beta-Z wrote: View Post
If amazon has the correct information and there are actually 7 discs this time in the set, there will have to be a changing in the packaging size.

Don't know if there is place for one more disc in the usually amaray version, in the steelbook versions that i collect, there is certainly not.

So, they either have to just throw in the 7th disc wrapped in a paper sheet or they have to reconfigure the box size.

Not sure, which I'd prefere.
7 discs must be an error. It should be 6 discs, just like season 1.

Disc 1: 4 episodes + bonus features, Discs 2-5: 5 episodes, Disc 6: 2 episodes + bonus features
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 07:40 PM   #310
jimbotron
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

If they keep that same pattern as season 1 going, the separate parts for Unification, Chain of Command, Birthright will all be together on the same disc. The exception is Gambit, which are the 4th and 5th episodes of the season. I'm sure the guys putting the discs together will notice that, and adjust the disc content accordingly.
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 03:17 AM   #311
RAMA
Vice Admiral
 
RAMA's Avatar
 
Location: NJ, USA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Getting very impatient for this set...

7 discs...maybe the number of extras increased.
__________________
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan
RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 04:06 AM   #312
Maxwell Everett
Commodore
 
Maxwell Everett's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

jimbotron wrote: View Post
Beta-Z wrote: View Post
If amazon has the correct information and there are actually 7 discs this time in the set, there will have to be a changing in the packaging size.

Don't know if there is place for one more disc in the usually amaray version, in the steelbook versions that i collect, there is certainly not.

So, they either have to just throw in the 7th disc wrapped in a paper sheet or they have to reconfigure the box size.

Not sure, which I'd prefere.
7 discs must be an error. It should be 6 discs, just like season 1.

Disc 1: 4 episodes + bonus features, Discs 2-5: 5 episodes, Disc 6: 2 episodes + bonus features
RAMA wrote: View Post
7 discs...maybe the number of extras increased.
It's all a screw up on Amazon's part. If you look on the page, the "7 discs" bit is mentioned under the Special Features section... and if you read it fully you will realize that it is simply copy/pasted from the special features listing of the DVD set -- it only lists the old featurettes. The DVD set is 7 discs.

Now, if you look under Product Details, it says 6 discs. But it also says the aspect ratio is 1.85:1, which is incorrect. The takeaway here is, don't trust any of the specs you read on an Amazon blu-ray product page. Just go by the official press release.
__________________
"Shake off all the fears & servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion." -Thomas Jefferson
Maxwell Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 04:06 AM   #313
jimbotron
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Gene...dp/B00B7VZN76/

Six discs

But then it says 1.85:1, which is wrong. Man, who updates these things?
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 04:16 AM   #314
Maxwell Everett
Commodore
 
Maxwell Everett's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Taking my own advice above, it looks like Lay and Burnett weren't able to schedule Jonathan Frakes for "The Offspring" commentary and it will only be the writer Rene Echevarria -- which is still cool and great to have... but it's too bad he couldn't make it given their schedule. Oh, well. Hopefully they can get him for "Reunion" or "The Drumhead" or him and Braga for "Cause and Effect."
__________________
"Shake off all the fears & servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion." -Thomas Jefferson
Maxwell Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 07:12 AM   #315
Cap.T
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
Taking my own advice above, it looks like Lay and Burnett weren't able to schedule Jonathan Frakes for "The Offspring" commentary and it will only be the writer Rene Echevarria -- which is still cool and great to have... but it's too bad he couldn't make it given their schedule. Oh, well. Hopefully they can get him for "Reunion" or "The Drumhead" or him and Braga for "Cause and Effect."
In his Interview with TrekCore.com Robert Lay, Jr. mentioned that they could get Frakes only for new Interviews while he was directing an episode of NCIS:

Roger Lay, Jr.: I'd love to do it. I was talking to Jonathan Frakes about maybe coming in and doing "The Offspring" – he directed it, it was his first one – but Jonathan directs like ten episodes a year of multiple shows, including NCIS and Leverage, so he was only going to be in town in October for a week because he was doing an episode of NCIS. We got him that week to do his next interview for the documentaries; a second interview. So we couldn't schedule "The Offspring". We're trying; we're really trying – especially for the ones that are directors. I'd love to get LeVar in there at some point. It's definitely on my list, and I think that if you've seen what we've put out so far, you'll see that when we have an idea, we don't rest until we achieve that.
Cap.T is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
remastered

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.