TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 11 2013, 06:47 AM   #1501
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Yeah, unless Martinez and the others took revenge for it and killed them. Rick's group is hamstrung by the fact that they care about each others' well being. Rick and Daryl dying wouldn't be good for the long term health of our favorite survivors.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 07:07 AM   #1502
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Caligula wrote: View Post
TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
If any of you had to guess, who will be the next prison character to say bye-bye this season?
Beth is the first one that comes to mind.

Am I the only one that wants the group's current Comics Universe adversary to appear in Season NEVER?
Unfortunately I agree - along with
. But I really hope that doesn't happen, cause it'd be cheap and I'd like to see a little more development from her.

After Beth I'd have to say Herschel, then Carol (who could actually take Beth's place in the scenario above). Merle and Andrea both I could see not making it, but I think Andrea's safer since she's been such a major character this season. I'm assuming based on next week's preview that Tyrese and Sasha are coming back in the picture, so... dude and his son, whatever their names were... are probably goners.

I'm behind on the comics - last I read

Whettestone wrote: View Post
Yes, you've already made clear you're dodging the problems, unthinking mind-numb robot. Go away now and let some thinking-fans have a go around here.
I'm laughing at the superior intellect.
Old March 11 2013, 09:00 AM   #1503
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
I think Merle had the right idea, killing the governor would've probably made their lives a lot simpler.
It was not so easy. Anyone would--or should expect the governor to have more backup around than Martinez and the butler, so attacking at that moment would seem like a disaster waiting to happen.
Old March 11 2013, 02:25 PM   #1504
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Rick is smart enough to know that the Governor is just not going to let them go, but I think a piece of him wants to be it as simple as handing over Michonne = peace.

I love Herschel. I laughed so hard when he said that Milton had to buy him a drink.

I have enjoyed the past two eps quite a lot, but now that they have a home base, they need to start stockpiling food and medical supplies.
Old March 11 2013, 03:03 PM   #1505
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Is everyone saying Beth because she's the most disposable?

I think Merle had the right idea, killing the governor would've probably made their lives a lot simpler.
It was not so easy. Anyone would--or should expect the governor to have more backup around than Martinez and the butler, so attacking at that moment would seem like a disaster waiting to happen.
Maybe they returned to Woodbury in other vehicles?

Yeah, you may be right but it seemed like it might have been a worthwhile idea to explore.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 03:34 PM   #1506
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
And yet you.... don't.

In fact, you people keep coming up with excuses so you don't have to deal with the problems in this episode.
Uh... no. We don't have to deal with the problems in this episode regardless. There's no one requiring us to explain anything.
Yes, you've already made clear you're dodging the problems, unthinking mind-numb robot. Go away now and let some thinking-fans have a go around here.
Wow, no point in conversely with civility, apparently

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 03:52 PM   #1507
Jinglekitty
Captain

I agree, the Governor needs to die. The question is, will it be Andrea with a knife or one of Rick's group with a well placed bullet?
Old March 11 2013, 04:33 PM   #1508
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

Or Milton? Or Martinez? Or will the townsfolk get all righteous on his ass and dump him in an empty zombie trap and let him wait for the inevitable?

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 05:28 PM   #1509
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
Or Milton? Or Martinez? Or will the townsfolk get all righteous on his ass and dump him in an empty zombie trap and let him wait for the inevitable?

Mark
If the governor met his end that way, it would be the biggest cheer-inducing moment in WD history. Bigger than Rick killing Shane.
Old March 11 2013, 05:31 PM   #1510
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Rhaven wrote: View Post
I agree, the Governor needs to die. The question is, will it be Andrea with a knife or one of Rick's group with a well placed bullet?
I think the governor will be the victim of an amputation...but not of his hands, arms, legs.....

Not operating from spoilers or anything of that nature, but I can see that happening to him at the hands of Maggie, Michonne, or Andrea. I think its almost a sure thing a woman will be the agent of his downfall.
Old March 11 2013, 06:14 PM   #1511
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Not operating from spoilers or anything of that nature, but I can see that happening to him at the hands of Maggie, Michonne, or Andrea. I think its almost a sure thing a woman will be the agent of his downfall.
It's going to have to be a princple that kiills of the Governor because we as the viewer just aren't emotionally invested in the townsfolk IMO. They are simply background noise to the main part of the story and the characters.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 06:42 PM   #1512
Neroon
Mod of balance

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
And yet you.... don't.

In fact, you people keep coming up with excuses so you don't have to deal with the problems in this episode.
Uh... no. We don't have to deal with the problems in this episode regardless. There's no one requiring us to explain anything.
Infraction for flaming. Comments to PM
Old March 11 2013, 06:52 PM   #1513
davejames
Vice Admiral

I'm not too familiar with the comic, but isn't the Governor supposed to, like, hang around a while? From all the hype, I got the impression he was the chief villain of the series or something.

Not that I'd have a problem with him dying at the end of this season. He's a great villain, but at least in the TV version I'm not sure this conflict can really go on much longer before it starts to gets tired.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 07:07 PM   #1514
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

davejames wrote: View Post
I'm not too familiar with the comic, but isn't the Governor supposed to, like, hang around a while? From all the hype, I got the impression he was the chief villain of the series or something.

Not that I'd have a problem with him dying at the end of this season. He's a great villain, but at least in the TV version I'm not sure this conflict can really go on much longer before it starts to gets tired.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 07:17 PM   #1515
propita
Rear Admiral

Andrea's a fool!

I don't like Martinez that much, but he and Daryl were bonding nicely, agreeing that, regardless of what they want, it "will be decided" that they go to war. Maybe Martinez won't be so bad? Now that he sees these guys as individuals, mightn't he turn on the Governor? He seems less gung-ho than just an episode or two ago.

Still don't know why they don't just kill zombies at the fence of the prison. They can thin the herd a bit, and if things get settled with the Governor, they can repair the fence and use the grassy area for crops. They're gonna need food.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote