Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 11 2013, 04:56 PM   #556
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Given that Cora and Regina had designs on dominating and perhaps killing everyone in Storybrooke, Snow's actions could be viewed as self-defense. She certainly manipulated Regina into completing the scheme, but Regina's shown to be a deeply untrustworthy ally no matter what side she's on, so Snow was right to take the opportunity when she had it.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 06:47 PM   #557
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

That was a great episode. I particularly liked Regina's change at the end of the episode to pure delight at having her mother back to twisted rage at losing her.

I too am wondering it's decided who can use magic. Why can Emma use magic but Snow and Charming can't?

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 08:12 PM   #558
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ Looks like anyone can use magic with the right thought process. If that's the case then anyone can learn. Maybe Emma was born with that process already built in.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 11:09 PM   #559
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Snow just used a magic candle.

Of course magic tools are different from casing spells.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 11:10 PM   #560
JanewayRulz!
Rear Admiral

... Snow was right to take the opportunity when she had it.
It's one thing to decide to kill someone.

It's another thing to actively manipulate someone else into killing that someone for you.

And when you actively manipulate a woman who's desired her Mother's love her entire life... by pretending you understand that unrequited desire, that you sympathize with that desire, and then you hand Regina NOT the key to her life long heart ache but the key to Cora's and therefore Regina's destruction... then that's not just wrong, it's evil.

As we saw last night... giving Cora back her heart taught her in 15 seconds that loving/being loved by her daughter "was enough"... then just giving Regina an uncursed heart would have saved Snow's family. Sure, Rumple would have died... (maybe), but everyone else would have lived WITHOUT the sin of murder on their hands.

I'm sorry... but Snow crossed all sorts of boundaries for me last night, and from now on she DESERVES whatever REGINA dishes out to her.

I wonder if Henry is too young to understand the full extent of the evil his grandmother did to his foster mother, "last night".
Old March 11 2013, 11:26 PM   #561
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Given that Cora and Regina had designs on dominating and perhaps killing everyone in Storybrooke, Snow's actions could be viewed as self-defense. She certainly manipulated Regina into completing the scheme, but Regina's shown to be a deeply untrustworthy ally no matter what side she's on, so Snow was right to take the opportunity when she had it.
Defensible or not, Regina now has a truly legitimate reason to despise Snow. Killling Cora herself would have been one thing, but manipulating Regina to kill her own mother by appealing to her already-weakened sense of love?
"Lie to me."
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 09:33 AM   #562
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

This will certainly put an end to Regina's motivation to reform, but she's still committed umpteen atrocities over the course of decades and represented a clear-and-present danger to the main cast and everyone in Storybrook and everyone in the Magic Kingdom, and probably Wonderland and Oz and Narnia and the Federation and the Mushroom Planet and....

There's no going back for Snow because she has a conscience, but her actions are certainly defensible. If she had killed Cora herself, she would have been a soldier; tricking Regina into doing it makes it espionage. Things like that happened in Mission: Impossible all the time.

That was certainly a great scene when Rumpy called Belle and reconciled with Bae. I wonder how far they will go with Rumpy's rehabilitation. Perhaps making Regina completely evil again will free him up to be the good guy.
Old March 12 2013, 12:05 PM   #563
stj
Rear Admiral

All men are redeemable. But the devil is a woman.

A few episodes back, Snow White made it perfectly clear to Regina that she was not going to be allowed a relationship with Henry. The conflict is irreconcilable. Rumplestiltskin has achieved all his goals, none of which conflicted with any hero. Regina has always failed at everything. Regina is the primary villain, always has been and always will be.
Old March 12 2013, 03:37 PM   #564
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

There's still one big shoe waiting to be dropped where Rumple and Baelfire are concerned. It's only a matter of time before somebody (Hook?) lets Baelfire in on the fact that dad murdered mom . . . .

He's not likely to take it well.
Old March 12 2013, 03:49 PM   #565
js
Captain

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Rose McGowen is from Charmed.

Rose Byrne is from Damages.

Miss McGowen was on Once Upon a Time Yesterday.
Yeah yeah I know - I was typing fast before I had to run out for the day and didn't have a chance to come back and correct.

But since we're apparently policing each other's posts, it's Rose McGowan, not McGowen.
Old March 12 2013, 04:19 PM   #566
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Killing one to ensure the saving of thousands, possibly millions? Yeah, I'd say that's fairly justified.
Old March 12 2013, 04:26 PM   #567
js
Captain

^ But the interesting moral issue being dealt with is: do you have to become the bad guy to beat the bad guy? And if so, what does this accomplish in the long run and how does it distinguish you from the other bad guy?
Old March 12 2013, 05:08 PM   #568
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

I look at it from a D&D alignments perspective. Snow's simply migrated from Lawful Good to Neutral Good or Lawful Neutral at worst. Cora has always been Chatoic Evil. Regina sometimes vacillates between Neutral Evil, Lawful Evil (depending if the laws she's exploiting benefits her) or Chaotic Evil - MAYBE Neutral, bordering on Neutral Good, but only when it comes to Henry - she did try that one time, to her credit, but she's fallen again.

Snow, on her worst day, will never move into the Chaotic or Evil classes. And in the fairytale world of Storybrooke, where the laws of the real world don't really apply, that makes ALL the difference.
Old March 12 2013, 05:28 PM   #569
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

Is it just me or did anyone else have any issues with the production quality of this episode?It seemed like they relied a lot on green screen in this one, and the camera angles, shot changes, and soundtrack all seemed like they were more suited for a soap opera.That said, I finally joined the 21st century and bought a wide screen TV and this was the first OUAT episode I've seen on it, so maybe they're all like that and I never really noticed on my old TV.
Old March 12 2013, 05:39 PM   #570
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Kirby wrote: View Post
I finally joined the 21st century and bought a wide screen TV and this was the first OUAT episode I've seen on it, so maybe they're all like that and I never really noticed on my old TV.
That's probably it. When I first got a widescreen TV, the picture quality looked weird. Your eyes will adjust eventually and what you're seeing will look normal.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote