RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,701
Members: 24,210
Currently online: 683
Newest member: MaileDetty

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 10 2013, 03:24 AM   #1486
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Yes, the pregnancy test was covered as part of the first visit, as were the condoms (which Glenn actually picked up in an attempt to cover from Maggie that he was searching for pregnancy test).

Both, I think, would fall under what I described as "medical and general supplies."
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 02:51 PM   #1487
Mojochi
Fleet Captain

Morning after pill/ abortion pill... whatever. I didn't really care about that or the whole plotline for that matter. I guess I could have written "Abortion" pill, because that's what Maggie ended up calling it, for good or ill

My point mostly was that they're not really getting the kind of medical supplies on mass, that they'd need to recover from the routine damage they're suffering, & even then I said I'm fairly well willing to let it slide
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 03:42 PM   #1488
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Mojochi wrote: View Post

My point mostly was that they're not really getting the kind of medical supplies on mass, that they'd need to recover from the routine damage they're suffering, & even then I said I'm fairly well willing to let it slide
From time to time, its hard to let that pass. For example, when T-Dog was injured, if Daryl did not have Merle's bag of meds, he would have died. On that note, in a world where there are no more doctors, ERs, etc., one would think hunting for a variety of meds would be as much a priority as food, considering the great chance for injury.
Old March 10 2013, 04:32 PM   #1489
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

I'd think once you start randomly searching for drugs and giving them to people you would kill almost as many as you would save
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 04:37 PM   #1490
PKerr
Rear Admiral

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Mojochi wrote: View Post

From time to time, its hard to let that pass. For example, when T-Dog was injured, if Daryl did not have Merle's bag of meds, he would have died. On that note, in a world where there are no more doctors, ERs, etc., one would think hunting for a variety of meds would be as much a priority as food, considering the great chance for injury.
I never understood why there are shelves and shelves full of various drugs, supplies and such, for example when Shane and Otis have their little grocery list, let me grab one of this and one of that...what if the one you risked your life to get breaks or falls out of your bag or whatever?

I realize the whole building can't be carried off but in situations like with Glenn and Maggie, why the multi trips to get one or two things?

Grab a duffle bag and carry as much as you can take, that way if you need it it might just be there at the house instead of taking unnecessary road trips.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 05:03 PM   #1491
Scout101
Admiral

drama, mostly. Makes no real sense. Most of those places would be looted and ruined anyway, so that it exists at all is a stretch...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 03:13 AM   #1492
Caligula
Vice Admiral

I'm pretty bad about nitpicking, myself, but are we really searching for logic in a TV show about a zombie apocalypse?
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 03:20 AM   #1493
Mojochi
Fleet Captain

wissaboo wrote: View Post
I'd think once you start randomly searching for drugs and giving them to people you would kill almost as many as you would save
Safer than handing out guns to people who'd never used them? You learn. Get a med book, ask the animal doc. Don't be stupid

But yeah, it's all subjective on a tv show really. Real survival would not make for an interesting tv drama
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 03:36 AM   #1494
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Okay. The series is not always adapting the comic panel for panel, so storylines are sort of out there in many ways, including the choice of survivors and victims. If any of you had to guess, who will be the next prison character to say bye-bye this season?
Old March 11 2013, 04:22 AM   #1495
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Funny moment: Andrea's disgust at the male ego.
Old March 11 2013, 05:56 AM   #1496
Caligula
Vice Admiral

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
If any of you had to guess, who will be the next prison character to say bye-bye this season?
Beth is the first one that comes to mind.

Am I the only one that wants the group's current Comics Universe adversary to appear in Season NEVER?
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 06:13 AM   #1497
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Damn, Glenn and Maggie know how to get busy.

Loved the character beats in this one--Daryl and Martinez, aka pussy and douchebag, Herschel telling Milton the spineless that he needed to buy him a drink first, Rick and the slimeball of the universe governor and definitely Rick and Herschel at the end. Love the mentor dynamic that's developing there.

No giving up Michonne, Rick. But it's realistic you'd think about it. Andrea really needs to get over it and cut Mr. Wonderful's throat.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 06:13 AM   #1498
Whettestone
Captain

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
Whettestone wrote: View Post
And yet you.... don't.

In fact, you people keep coming up with excuses so you don't have to deal with the problems in this episode.
Uh... no. We don't have to deal with the problems in this episode regardless. There's no one requiring us to explain anything.
Yes, you've already made clear you're dodging the problems, unthinking mind-numb robot. Go away now and let some thinking-fans have a go around here.
Whettestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 06:15 AM   #1499
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Yes, you've already made clear you're dodging the problems, unthinking mind-numb robot. Go away now and let some thinking-fans have a go around here.
Oh Christ. Get over yourself.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 06:44 AM   #1500
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I think Merle had the right idea, killing the governor would've probably made their lives a lot simpler.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote