Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 11 2013, 01:44 AM   #16
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: Breaking News: THE CLONE WARS Has Been Cancelled

Oh please, it's just moving to Disney XD. We already know they've been writing Season Six. And we know of three episodes they cut from airing that are in the can.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 01:46 AM   #17
EnsignRicky
Commodore

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
If the series has indeed come to an end then the recent, sudden and abrupt termination of Hasbro's Clone Wars action figure line makes a whole lot more sense. When it was announced that the action figure line based on the series was being put to rest after the one and only wave of 2013 (an international exclusive that won't be sold at American retail) many collectors and fans wondered if Hasbro had learned something about the fate of the show that it wasn't allowed to tell anybody at the time.
That would actually make a frighteningly large amount of sense.
Old March 11 2013, 02:22 AM   #18
billcosby
Commodore

If true this is both a major FU to the fans and an awful start to the Disney Star Wars era.
The series is so detailed and takes its time... nothing like the breakneck pace of the films. I think I'd prefer The Clone Wars season 6 > Episode VII.
Also... The Clone Wars made up for the awkward pacing of the prequels and in many cases are superior to the prequels.
It will be difficult to accept the obvious upcoming press release. We could probably write it for them:

"WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT FOR STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS"
"WE ARE THRILLED TO ANNOUNCE THAT STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS HAS BEEN CONCLUDED TO FOCUS ON THE UPCOMING STAR WARS FILMS."
"MAINTAINING THE QUALITY OF THESE UPCOMING FILMS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US. AGAIN THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOYAL SUPPORT AND DON'T FORGET TO BUY STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS ON DVD AND BLUE RAY THIS CHRISTMAS."

Etc, Ad fucking nauseam.

billcosby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 02:23 AM   #19
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

^ Agreed.
Old March 11 2013, 02:53 AM   #20
billcosby
Commodore

Interesting... this article nails the speculation that straight-to-download/BR offerings are more likely:

"
We reached out to Lucasfilm for official comment, and all the studio would say is this:
“The Clone Wars will remain on Cartoon Network through its fifth season as planned. Additional episodes of the show are currently in pre-production.”
Sounds pretty cryptic and uninformative, right? Well, actually it’s quite revealing, especially with the emphasis on additional “episodes” having been greenlit, not “seasons.” As TheForce.Net contributor and all around Star Wars guru Eric Geller notes to Hollywood.com, “The conventional wisdom has been that The Clone Wars will end after its sixth season.”"

http://www.hollywood.com/news/tv/436...doubt?page=all

Old March 11 2013, 02:59 AM   #21
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I have no idea what's going on, if anything, so I'm just spitballing here but maybe they will make another series from the ashes of this one. Reuse the same resources and personnel but in a new direction. That way Disney can hope to keep the audience for that type of show but have something with more legs than a sixth season and let's them tweak the program to their sensibilities.
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 03:17 AM   #22
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

billcosby wrote: View Post
Interesting... this article nails the speculation that straight-to-download/BR offerings are more likely:

"
We reached out to Lucasfilm for official comment, and all the studio would say is this:
“The Clone Wars will remain on Cartoon Network through its fifth season as planned. Additional episodes of the show are currently in pre-production.”
Sounds pretty cryptic and uninformative, right? Well, actually it’s quite revealing, especially with the emphasis on additional “episodes” having been greenlit, not “seasons.” As TheForce.Net contributor and all around Star Wars guru Eric Geller notes to Hollywood.com, “The conventional wisdom has been that The Clone Wars will end after its sixth season.”"

http://www.hollywood.com/news/tv/436...doubt?page=all
Thanks for the link. Assuming the series isn't canceled outright (and, really, why would that happen with so much already invested in Season Six?), the article seems prescient.
Old March 11 2013, 03:19 AM   #23
EnsignRicky
Commodore

If it is over, at least it went out on a hell of a good note.
Old March 11 2013, 03:30 AM   #24
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

I call BS right now. The only non-news sites I trust when it comes to Star Wars are TheForce.Net and the official Star Wars website, and TFN doesn't have anything on its site about this. I know, because I looked.

IGN doesn't have anything on this on its site either.

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 03:36 AM   #25
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Maybe if there's enough rumors brewing they'll be compelled to explain the actual situation which would be good.
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 04:29 AM   #26
Caretaker
Commodore

View Caretaker's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Caretaker Send a message via AIM to Caretaker

Well, if it really is cancelled, it sure would be Disney getting off on the wrong foot with the franchise fans. I'm no prequel fan, but isn't there room for all eras?
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 06:15 AM   #27
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

How many seasons can a show tat takes place in between two movies go on for? I don't remember the time gap between Episodes 2 and 3 but it can't be forever.
Old March 11 2013, 07:33 AM   #28
billcosby
Commodore

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
How many seasons can a show tat takes place in between two movies go on for? I don't remember the time gap between Episodes 2 and 3 but it can't be forever.
It's more of a focus strewn about the universe... not all the main characters are followed at once. This year we went several episodes in a row without seeing Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, etc.

Old March 11 2013, 07:44 AM   #29
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

This is most likely bullshit from a site attempting to get hits. TheForce.Net has not posted anything about this since the date this was posted, Ashley Ecstein did an interview sometime last week revealing that Ahsoka's story would continue. We already know that the show is moving to Disney XD next season as revealed in the season five thread, so yeah I wouldn't worry about this "report".

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 08:01 AM   #30
Biffette
Captain

I'm with cooleddie74. JediNewsUK is pretty reputable; this news is probably true "from a certain point of view" at the very least.
Biffette is offline   Reply With Quote