Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old March 10 2013, 07:55 PM   #46
JINXED
Admiral

View JINXED's Twitter Profile
Re: so THATS why some of the cast didn't like Diana Muldaur

she wasn't supposed to be a "jerk," she was supposed to be like Dr. McCoy to Spock.
Well she came off as a jerk to me, at least in the beginning. She did grow on me, as opposed to McFadden, who .
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JINXED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 09:33 PM   #47
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Mighty professional of the TNG actors to another actor like shit because she replaced a friend.
Old March 10 2013, 10:39 PM   #48
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

Yeah, the TOS actors would never slag each other off.
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 10:54 PM   #49
Kinggodzillak
Commander

JiNX-01 wrote: View Post
One specific issue for me was disrespect toward Data (mispronouncing his name even after he corrects her really irked me). He was an officer and he should have been treated accordingly.
But that didn't really last beyond...what, her first three episodes? I'd agree that during The Child and Where Silence Has Lease, she doesn't treat him all that well, but in Elementary Dear Data her criticism of him is kind of justifiable. After that I remember more Pulaski/Data moments where she was being nice to him than being disrespectful. Moments such as

- Attending his farewell party in Measure of a Man.
- Grateful for his support as she deteriorates during Unnatural Selection.
- Cheering him on Peak Performance.
- Being the only person to tell him that he did the right thing in Pen Pals.
Kinggodzillak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 11:08 PM   #50
M'rk, son of Mogh
Rear Admiral

Kinggodzillak wrote: View Post
One specific issue for me was disrespect toward Data (mispronouncing his name even after he corrects her really irked me). He was an officer and he should have been treated accordingly.
But that didn't really last beyond...what, her first three episodes? I'd agree that during The Child and Where Silence Has Lease, she doesn't treat him all that well, but in Elementary Dear Data her criticism of him is kind of justifiable. After that I remember more Pulaski/Data moments where she was being nice to him than being disrespectful. Moments such as

It would appear first impressions go a long way. And she didn't seem to recover for many people.
M'rk, son of Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 11:14 PM   #51
Boo! Did I Scare Ya?
Admiral

M'rk, son of Mogh wrote: View Post
Kinggodzillak wrote: View Post

It would appear first impressions go a long way. And she didn't seem to recover for many people.
That is true in more respects than one. I was not a fan of Muldaur when she was in TOS and it just carried over into TNG for me. I am sure she is perfectly nice, but she just didn't work for me. I preferred McFadden, although I do wish the writers would have given her more to work with.
Boo! Did I Scare Ya? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 11:17 PM   #52
Dream
Admiral

M'rk, son of Mogh wrote: View Post
First impressions are the most important.

I think many fans disliked her the moment she came aboard and didn't meet the Captain like protocol demanded, and instead made him come to see her in Ten Forward. Not a good way to start things off.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 11:28 PM   #53
yousirname
Commander

For me she was just a poorly-written character. They didn't know what to do with her at all. I think they wanted her to be this foil for Picard, but it never really seemed to flow from her character at all, it just seemed to be like "What's Picard want to do this week? OK, I guess Pulaski's against that, or whatever."
yousirname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 12:04 AM   #54
SeerSGB
Admiral

View SeerSGB's Twitter Profile

Guess I'm in the minority, I actually liked Pulaski.
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 01:09 AM   #55
BillJ
Admiral

DalekJim wrote: View Post
Which has exactly what to do with the topic at hand?
Old March 11 2013, 01:41 AM   #56
Mutai Sho-Rin

BillJ wrote: View Post
THIS from a previous post.

So, I just got back from the TNG reunion at Toronto Comicon today and something interesting happened. Marina Sirtis made a quick swipe at Diana Muldaur she was talking about her friendship with Gates McFadden and said 'I was so happy when Gates came back in the third season! It was so nice to have an actor who didn't need her lines tapped up all over the set...not that I'm naming names"
Old March 11 2013, 01:47 AM   #57
BillJ
Admiral

Mutai Sho-Rin wrote: View Post

So, I just got back from the TNG reunion at Toronto Comicon today and something interesting happened. Marina Sirtis made a quick swipe at Diana Muldaur she was talking about her friendship with Gates McFadden and said 'I was so happy when Gates came back in the third season! It was so nice to have an actor who didn't need her lines tapped up all over the set...not that I'm naming names"
I'm just confused what TOS has to do with what was going on during season two of TNG, which was filmed eighteen years later.
Old March 11 2013, 02:31 AM   #58
sonak
Vice Admiral

I'm just confused what TOS has to do with what was going on during season two of TNG, which was filmed eighteen years later.

I also don't think that the casts' situation can be compared. TNG was an ensemble show, while TOS was clearly not.
sonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 02:43 PM   #59
Trek Survivor
Captain

SeerSGB wrote: View Post
I do too. There are loads of us!

Wow! Who could possibly believe Marina Sirtis of all people would be unprofessional and be rude and snarky to somebody/something else from Star Trek? She of constant "Deep Sleep Nine" comments...

Seriously, Sirtis is so unprofessional. She plays up to the fans and spouts some pretty unpleasant stuff at times. At least Muldaur had the professionalism - despite people like Sirtis - to be relatively nice about her time on Trek through various interviews across the years.
Old March 12 2013, 01:06 AM   #60
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

Trek Survivor wrote: View Post
SeerSGB wrote: View Post
I do too. There are loads of us!

Wow! Who could possibly believe Marina Sirtis of all people would be unprofessional and be rude and snarky to somebody/something else from Star Trek? She of constant "Deep Sleep Nine" comments...

Seriously, Sirtis is so unprofessional. She plays up to the fans and spouts some pretty unpleasant stuff at times. At least Muldaur had the professionalism - despite people like Sirtis - to be relatively nice about her time on Trek through various interviews across the years.
lol! Deep Sleep Nine I wish I was there for that one