Quinto In The Slap
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

Burton On Shatner’s Brown Bag Wine Tasting
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

New Trek Trading Card Series
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

New Red Shirt Diaries Episode
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old November 19 2012, 06:06 PM   #31
newtontomato539
Commander

Re: so THATS why some of the cast didn't like Diana Muldaur

Keeping Pulaski would have been fine but let the character so she's not a clone of Bones.

Heck, they should have kept Dr. Selar.
newtontomato539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 08:48 PM   #32
CoveTom
Rear Admiral

I like the character of Pulaski, and Muldar as an actress, but I don't put too much credence into things she says in this interview. She really seems to misremember quite a bit.
CoveTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2012, 10:21 PM   #33
Mojochi
Commodore

Forbin wrote: View Post
I'm glad she liked working with the black guy.
Not that black guy! The other black guy!
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2012, 12:13 AM   #34
Atariboy
Commander

Mojochi wrote: View Post
It does seem odd she thinks Gene died after season two, but perhaps she only meant that after season two, Gene's influence was much diminished, which I bet it was
Yeah, it seems she's referring to Gene basically getting the boot, but remembering it a little differently. Maybe more gracefully.
Atariboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2012, 03:00 AM   #35
USS Kongo
Fleet Captain

View USS Kongo's Twitter Profile

Great interview! Loved the joke she made about wearing old age make up in that one episode, and now she says she looks that old without any help from a make up artist. She's one of these fun raconteurs whom I could listen to all day.

Sean
USS Kongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 05:57 AM   #36
timtonruben359
Lieutenant

So, I just got back from the TNG reunion at Toronto Comicon today and something interesting happened. Marina Sirtis made a quick swipe at Diana Muldaur she was talking about her friendship with Gates McFadden and said 'I was so happy when Gates came back in the third season! It was so nice to have an actor who didn't need her lines tapped up all over the set...not that I'm naming names"
timtonruben359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 06:00 AM   #37
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

More and More Marina Sirtis comes across as a bit of a douchebag. It's getting hard to take what she says seriously anymore.
Old March 10 2013, 06:05 AM   #38
Dream
Admiral

Hasn't Marina Sirtis ever been told that actors shouldn't talk about coworkers?
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 12:20 PM   #39
Visitor1982
Lieutenant Commander

timtonruben359 wrote: View Post
So, I just got back from the TNG reunion at Toronto Comicon today and something interesting happened. Marina Sirtis made a quick swipe at Diana Muldaur she was talking about her friendship with Gates McFadden and said 'I was so happy when Gates came back in the third season! It was so nice to have an actor who didn't need her lines tapped up all over the set...not that I'm naming names"
Sirtis is just a jealous b*tch.

Muldaur got paid more than she was. Also, Muldaur was going to appear in the opening credits behind Stewart and Frakes. Sirtis opposed to that.

In 1999 Muldaur said in one of her rare interviews that her time on TNG was one big nightmare and that all the actors were in it for themselves. There was a lot of backstabbing and Muldaur left the set in tears sometimes because she was treated horribly by the cast, even Stewart.

Director Paul Lynch from Unnatural Selection confirmed this story saying Muldaur was a very nice lady, but the other actors treated her terrible. He felt very sorry for her.
Old March 10 2013, 04:32 PM   #40
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

lurok wrote: View Post
Glad there are other Muldaur/Pulaski fans. I find McFadden (infact most of TNG) dull.
I think TNG is an excellent show for Seasons 3-5 but I'd agree McFadden's performance and character was dull. Compared to McCoy and Bashir, Crusher was a blank slate. There is no character there at all.

Pulaski was a big improvement.
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 05:04 PM   #41
sonak
Vice Admiral

timtonruben359 wrote: View Post

wow, what a bitchy, immature swipe at another actress.
sonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 07:23 PM   #42
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

I do have to admit I didn't like Diana's character on the show. I don't know why the producers had her behaving like a jerk. One specific issue for me was disrespect toward Data (mispronouncing his name even after he corrects her really irked me). He was an officer and he should have been treated accordingly.

Anyway, I do agree that Crusher didn't have much of a personality. Which is probably why Marina liked Gates. They and their characters had a lot in common.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JiNX-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 07:27 PM   #43
sonak
Vice Admiral

JiNX-01 wrote: View Post
I do have to admit I didn't like Diana's character on the show. I don't know why the producers had her behaving like a jerk. One specific issue for me was disrespect toward Data (mispronouncing his name even after he corrects her really irked me). He was an officer and he should have been treated accordingly.

Anyway, I do agree that Crusher didn't have much of a personality. Which is probably why Marina liked Gates. They and their characters had a lot in common.

she wasn't supposed to be a "jerk," she was supposed to be like Dr. McCoy to Spock.
sonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 07:27 PM   #44
Relayer1
Commodore

I just assumed that it was because she came over as unsympathetic, harsh and grating. That's why I didn't like her...
Old March 10 2013, 07:30 PM   #45
USS Kongo
Fleet Captain

View USS Kongo's Twitter Profile

^ I wonder if the TNG producers were going for a more "Spock/McCoy" feel with Pulaski and Data--and if that was the case, they forgot one important thing: Spock wasn't an innocent; he often gave as good as he got with McCoy.

Seeing Pulaski verbally pick on the child-like Data was about as fun as watching somebody kick a puppy. You're right not to blame Muldaur, since she was just following what was written for her.

Sean
USS Kongo is offline   Reply With Quote