TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 8 2013, 06:34 AM   #781
Agent Richard07
Retired

Re: Power Rangers

Saw Megaforce episodes 3 to 5.

- They were pretty uneventful, but I've warmed up to the cast and I'm looking forward to some good stuff down the line.

- I liked that they touched on the concept of mindfulness in "Stranger Ranger". There wasn't a lot there, but they captured the basics pretty well with just a few scenes.

- The show doesn't feel like it's shot in New Zealand.

- I don't like the protruding heads on the megazord and I'm not looking forward to seeing them on the augmented ranger outfits. They're ugly.

- Ciara Hanna has a YouTube channel with her doing silly stuff and hanging out with the cast.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 03:44 AM   #782
Marcus Porcius Cato
Commander

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Super Megaforce will be like MMPR season 2. Keep the suits the same but pick and choose elements from the sentai series(Dairanger)

Super Megaforce will bring over the Silver ranger from Gokaiger. Most likely the zords too.
It being reasonably early in the production, I hope that this will be revised. I'm hoping that by the beginning of the new Season Gokaiger uniforms will be adopted.

Mencius, Chinese Philosopher (c. 372-289 BCE)
Marcus Porcius Cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 04:49 AM   #783
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

^ That's likely not going to happen, at least for the main team. We do know that a Silver Ranger will be showing up, and the suit used will likely be Gokai Silver's, but that's more than likely the only suit we'll see used from Gokaiger just as the Kibaranger suit was the only suit used from Dairanger in MMPR S2.
Old March 10 2013, 06:17 AM   #784
Marcus Porcius Cato
Commander

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
^ That's likely not going to happen, at least for the main team. We do know that a Silver Ranger will be showing up, and the suit used will likely be Gokai Silver's, but that's more than likely the only suit we'll see used from Gokaiger just as the Kibaranger suit was the only suit used from Dairanger in MMPR S2.
That is a shame.

Well.

Mencius, Chinese Philosopher (c. 372-289 BCE)
Marcus Porcius Cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 06:56 AM   #785
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

There might be a possibility!

http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/show...16#post1076416

The Megaforce suits will be used in to Season 2(Power Ranger's Super Megaforce) but a photo has been leaked.

If you take a close look at the picture, you can see a guy wearing what look a LOT like GokaiGreen’s boots.

So speculation time. Will they use the Gokaiger team as an rival team? Or use the suits like in MMPR season 3 with the Kakuranger footage as the Alien ranger team?
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 07:34 AM   #786
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

^ Fury Diamond, the owner/operator of RangerCrew/MegaforceCast and an officially recognized 'Super-Fan', has confirmed that the Goseiger suits will be the primary suits used for Super Megaforce, but that all of the Gokaiger suits will in fact be used in some capacity, so it appears that I was wrong - at least in part - in what I said above.

There's also no confirmation at this point as to whether or not the Silver Ranger will be based on Gokai Silver or will feature an original suit design.
Old March 10 2013, 07:46 AM   #787
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

well like i said, they'd be crazy to not use the Gokaiger suit footage. plus they can sell more toys.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 04:27 PM   #788
Christopher
Writer

Well, the conceit of Gokaiger was that the Rangers could summon the powers of past Ranger teams, which meant transforming into their costumes and using their weapons. So if Super Megaforce uses the same premise, then the Rangers will be employing many costumes, not just the baseline Goseiger suits. Maybe the Gokaiger suits will be used as some kind of alternate "power-up" armor, like the Mega Mode in Samurai or the other variant uniforms that Ranger teams have used over the years. Call it "Pirate Mode" or something.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2013, 05:10 PM   #789
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Well so far I like the new team

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2013, 12:06 AM   #790
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

More photos have been leaked from the filming of Super Megaforce.

We have Wild Force Black:

and some Lost Galaxy:

These are likely just supposed to be the Megaforce Rangers donning the costumes, of course.

And last but not least, a image of a former ranger on the set!

link

ETA: In regards to the Gokaiger suits:

The Gokaiger Suits will be used as a power up in Power Rangers Super Megaforce. The teenagers will use the Gosei Morpher to transform into the Megaforce Power Rangers (Gosei Suits). The Rangers will have the ability to transform to the Gokaiger Suits, which will act as the “Super Mode” (not confirmed name). This mode will allow the Rangers to transform into the Past Rangers form to match the Gokaiger footage. The Black Ranger will upgrade to Green Gokai Suit. They will use appropriate footage (existing and new) to match Jake’s personality.
link

Well, at least they are going to be used.
"Human beings worship the great god Santa, a creature with fearsome claws, and his wife Mary. And every Christmas Eve, the people of UK go to war with the country of Turkey. They then eat the Turkey people for Christmas dinner like savages."

Last edited by Chris3123; March 27 2013 at 12:20 AM.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2013, 02:07 AM   #791
Christopher
Writer

Christopher wrote: View Post
Maybe the Gokaiger suits will be used as some kind of alternate "power-up" armor, like the Mega Mode in Samurai or the other variant uniforms that Ranger teams have used over the years. Call it "Pirate Mode" or something.
Chris3123 wrote: View Post
ETA: In regards to the Gokaiger suits:

The Gokaiger Suits will be used as a power up in Power Rangers Super Megaforce. The teenagers will use the Gosei Morpher to transform into the Megaforce Power Rangers (Gosei Suits). The Rangers will have the ability to transform to the Gokaiger Suits, which will act as the “Super Mode” (not confirmed name). This mode will allow the Rangers to transform into the Past Rangers form to match the Gokaiger footage. The Black Ranger will upgrade to Green Gokai Suit. They will use appropriate footage (existing and new) to match Jake’s personality.
I love it when I guess right.

Neat spoiler about a past Ranger maybe returning. That particular one was one of the better Rangers of that color. (Who needs spoiler boxes when you have circumspection?)

Old March 27 2013, 06:16 PM   #792
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

Indeed. I'm further guessing that a lot of former Rangers, by virtue of not working much in the biz after their show was done, wouldn't mind coming back for a guest spot for Saban-esque typically terrible pay and a free flight to New Zealand. That is, for those that weren't pinched from there or Australia in the last ten years of series...

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...

Last edited by Mark_Nguyen; March 27 2013 at 06:30 PM.
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2013, 11:33 PM   #793
Christopher
Writer

Well, the particular one seen there is an NZ actor. He appeared in the NZ-based Legend of the Seeker around the same time he was in PR.

Old March 30 2013, 06:14 AM   #794
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

I like the concept of the Gokai suits being Megaforce power-ups in principle, but it's definitely going to be 'execution-dependent'.
Old March 30 2013, 07:31 PM   #795
Christopher
Writer

Well, it looks like they're treating Robo Knight pretty similarly to the original Gosei Knight character, from the summary I read. Amusing that they've given him a RoboCop-soundalike voice. I wonder, if he's got such a zero-tolerance policy toward those who endanger the environment, will he go after humans next? (He did in Goseiger. We'll have to see if this version follows suit.)

I'm mildly impressed that they're going for a bit of moral ambiguity with the "Mutants," having them speechify about how we humans are to blame for their creation. It's a pretty heavy-handed message, but by this show's standards it's unexpectedly nuanced. Or maybe just confused. Are we supposed to sympathize with these guys when they lament the damage we've done to them and to the Earth, or hate them when they try to destroy us? Sure, that kind of ambivalence can be nice, but here it just feels like the writers weren't sure how they wanted to play it.

Meanwhile, I'm getting sick of Jake's stalkerish obsession with Gia. It's starting to get either pathetic or creepy, if not both.

And isn't it weird how the lead actor manages to convey emotion pretty well with his voice when he's in Ranger mode, but as soon as we see his face he's just an expressionless statue? I wonder if they're using a voice double in the Ranger scenes.