Quinto In The Slap
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

Burton On Shatner’s Brown Bag Wine Tasting
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

New Trek Trading Card Series
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

New Red Shirt Diaries Episode
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old March 8 2013, 08:07 PM   #196
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

Re: Official New Star Trek 2012 Game for the PC, PS3 & X360

I would if I will get a PC dvd disc in the US.
Ronald Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8 2013, 09:07 PM   #197
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Ronald Held wrote: View Post
From what I understand, it's PC download only. The delivery platform (Steam, etc...) and DRM will be major factors in making my pre-order choice.
Old March 9 2013, 08:15 PM   #198
StalwartUK
Commander

bullethead wrote: View Post
Ronald Held wrote: View Post
From what I understand, it's PC download only. The delivery platform (Steam, etc...) and DRM will be major factors in making my pre-order choice.
Yes, that's why I haven't hit the pre-order button just yet.

Presumably the PC DVD version will work anywhere but then again Steam (if it's on there) has been known for stopping you playing your games outside their region.
Old March 10 2013, 09:18 PM   #199
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

Is it worth buying the UK amazon dvd?
Ronald Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 09:35 PM   #200
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Pre-ordered my copy today for the 360.
Old March 12 2013, 05:39 PM   #201
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Two new Vulcans revealed - Kirk will want to give one the dick:
Star Trek fans will be in for a green-blooded treat on April 23, with the release of STAR TREK The Video Game. That’s because two brand-new Vulcan characters will be making their debuts alongside the reunited Kirk, Spock, Bones, Scotty, Uhura, Chekov and Sulu. The game opens with Kirk and Spock summoned to help rescue a mysterious space station that’s headed towards catastrophe and promptly meeting T’Mar, a female Vulcan scientist who plays a key role in the action-packed journey that awaits.

“T’Mar is the captain of the space station and was a childhood friend of Spock,” says Paramount Senior Vice President and Executive Producer Brian Miller. “Her blend of incredible intelligence and unexpected beauty prove intriguing to Kirk.”

T’Mar then joins Kirk and Spock as they venture to New Vulcan, a planet that orbits a binary star and was colonized by Vulcans following the events of Star Trek (2009). Once on New Vulcan, Kirk, Spock and T’Mar encounter the game’s other new Vulcan, Surok, a great Vulcan leader.

“When we crafted this story we wanted to make sure the player realizes that the usually logical, Spock can have very emotional connections to the ones he cares about," Miller says. "Surok was one of Spock’s childhood mentors and is also T’Mar’s father. Together, they are helping to lead the colonization of New Vulcan.”

Later, players will discover that Surok is among the few survivors of a brutal attack on New Vulcan perpetrated by the Gorn. Why the Gorn attacked and what they desire are at the heart of STAR TREK The Video Game.

“Video games are not only exciting to play, they’ve become a compelling medium for telling stories, so with Star Trek, we had an amazing opportunity to introduce new characters that are integral to the plot of our game," Miller says. "Our game’s story is canon to the new Star Trek universe, so we had a great responsibility to get these new characters right, and to make them exciting and meaningful to players."

T’Mar and Surok assume major roles in helping Kirk and Spock learn more about the Gorn’s attacks not just on New Vulcan, but across the galaxy. They also reveal that the Gorn have absconded with a powerful and mysterious machine known as the Helios Device, the functions of which could prove disastrous in the hands of an enemy as ruthless as the Gorn.

“For players who want to simply enjoy the experience of playing as Kirk and Spock, Star Trek is going to be a great game experience,” Miller says. “But for those eager to dig deeper into a robust story, we hope it’s an adventure that will excite both longtime fans and game enthusiasts alike.”
Old March 13 2013, 02:41 PM   #202
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

according to distributor Paramount Pictures' vice president Brian Miller.
In a video interview with Upbeat Productions, Miller said that the creative team knew from the start the pair would be their focus.
The entire interview with Miller, including a brief discussion of the Gorn villain, can be found on YouTube.
Star Trek game required film cast's participation, says Paramount VP
jefferiestubes8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2013, 10:40 PM   #203
JD
Admiral

TrekBBS member 8 of 5 has posted the description for the Prima Guide on his website.
Along with a description of the stuff the book covers, it also has this description of the game's story:
Following the destruction of the Vulcan homeworld, Vulcan scientists are hard at work establishing a colony on New Vulcan. With the help of an experimental piece of technology known as the Helios Device, the scientists hope to terraform the planet, creating a home for the few remaining Vulcans. But when activated, the Helios Device creates a rip in the fabric of space time, leading to an attack by an unknown alien race emerging from the anomaly. It’s up to Captain Kirk, First Officer Spock and the crew of the Enterprise to confront this new threat, preventing the Helios Device from falling into enemy hands. The future of the Vulcan people and the entire Federation is at stake.
Sounds cool. I remember somewhere else people were confused by the Gorn being from another universe or something, but as far as I remember there really isn't anything in the canon that prevents that from being the case. Either way, this sounds great. This is easily one of my most anticipated games of the year.
Old March 16 2013, 05:08 AM   #204
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain

Mirror Universe Gorn?
Old March 19 2013, 09:16 PM   #205
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

I checked out some videos on YouTube.

Star Trek - EXCLUSIVE Interview and Gameplay Preview - Eurogamer

Star Trek The Game Salvation Trailer
Star Trek - The Game (2013) - Spocks View

both show some great visuals especially of the Enterprise and it's interior bridge.

this though may be a bit controversial:
Star Trek Game Is "Official Canon" - Gameplay Preview
So says Paramount Pictures' senior vice president Brian Miller, who also sits in the producer chair on this game.
jefferiestubes8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2013, 09:53 PM   #206
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Here's an IGN video about the Gorn, with a quick glimpse of tricorder use and female Gorn.
Old March 21 2013, 04:16 AM   #207
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain

After reading the comments on the Trekmovie page, I genuinely think that the people who want "their" Trek back are either selfish, don't care about Trek at all, or simply delusional.

There were people actually wishing for the old Arena style Gorn! No shit!
Old March 23 2013, 02:18 AM   #208
Freman
Fleet Captain

Shouldn't the Gorn look like they did on ENT? I like how the guy said they've only appeared once on Star Trek. Guess they forgot the ENT appearance.

Since ENT is in continuity with the new films, I just find it a little strange that the Gorn suddenly look so different.
Old March 23 2013, 02:24 AM   #209
JD
Admiral

Good point. Maybe you could come up with some kind of explanation based around the fact that that was in the Mirror Universe.
Old March 23 2013, 05:17 AM   #210
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Steam has their pre-order page up for the game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/203250/?snr=1_550_552