Quinto In The Slap
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

Burton On Shatner’s Brown Bag Wine Tasting
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

New Trek Trading Card Series
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

New Red Shirt Diaries Episode
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old December 7 2004, 11:35 PM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

Come Visit Andoria With 'The Aenar'

The Enterprise visits Andoria, a planet never before seen on televised Star Trek, as the hunt for a marauder brings Archer ever closer to the Romulans. The planet of a huge, blue gas giant, Andoria has its cities built underground for insulation from what are by human standards very cold temperatures.

"The Aenar", the titular Andorians of the 14th episode of Star Trek: Enterprise's fourth season, are an arctic subspecies of Andorians who are both blind and telepathic. Once it has been determined that the marauder ship in the region is being controlled by telepathy, Shran identifies the brainwave pattern as belonging to an Aenar, sending the Enterprise in search of answers amidst the ice.

The official site posted the following brief synopsis:
Archer visits Shran's icy homeworld to find an Andorian subspecies called the Aenar, to determine their connection to the marauder destroying ships in the region.
The teleplay for "The Aenar" was written by Andre Bormanis, whose most recent televised episode was "Awakening", from a story by executive producer Manny Coto. Bormanis' Mike Vejar directed the episode, a follow-up for him to this season's "Cold Station 12" and "Observer Effect."

The guest cast list for the episode is as follows:

[*]Jeffrey Combs as Shran[*]Brian Thompson as Valdore[*]J. Michael Flynn as Nijil[*]Geno Silva as Vrax[*]Alexandra Lydon as Jhamel[*]Alicia Adams as Lissan[*]Scott Rinker as Gareb[/list]Many of these cast members return from the last Andorian episodes, "Babel One" and "United". The Romulans Valdore, Nijil and Vrax are joined by Reman guards, as before, on the Romulan Command Center set. The pilot fro, "United" now has a name, Gareb, and is revealed to be Aenar. These cast members are joined by new guest stars Adams and Lydon; the latter played Jane Saunders during the third season of 24. The episode also utilized extras as Aenar and puppeteers for the antennae.

New sets to represent the Arctic region of the Aenar dwellings were built for the seven-day shoot, which encompassed a break for Thanksgiving. "The Aenar" is tentatively scheduled to air on February 11th of next year.

For the original production report, visit this page on the official Star Trek site.

Old December 8 2004, 07:29 AM   #2
Whettestone
Captain

Re: Come Visit Andoria With 'The Aenar'

"The Aenar"? Why not just call it "The Anal" or "The Anus"? Who thinks of these perverted and stupid sounding titles? And if any past episodes like "Canamar" is any indication, the "aenar" might not even be in it.
Old December 8 2004, 07:33 AM   #3
PG15
Admiral

Posted by Whettestone:
"The Aenar"? Why not just call it "The Anal" or "The Anus"? Who thinks of these perverted and stupid sounding titles?
hey, it's YOU who thinks it sounds like that, your problem.

And frankly, I don't think they sound alike at all, I'm too intrigued by the premise.

And if any past episodes like "Canamar" is any indication, the "aenar" might not even be in it.
Did you even read the article? it says that WE SEE THE AENAR!!

PG15's Music Vids
Old December 8 2004, 11:07 AM   #4
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

Posted by Whettestone:
"The Aenar"? Why not just call it "The Anal" or "The Anus"? Who thinks of these perverted and stupid sounding titles?
Aenar sounds perverted?!? You can't be serious.
Old December 8 2004, 06:25 PM   #5
Reaperman
Rear Admiral

Posted by Whettestone:
"The Aenar"? Why not just call it "The Anal" or "The Anus"? Who thinks of these perverted and stupid sounding titles? And if any past episodes like "Canamar" is any indication, the "aenar" might not even be in it.
Off hand I can't think of any Star Trek episode that has a "perverted and stupid sounding title", and although it might be interesting to see a few more examples, it might be better in future if you refrained from making such graphic analogies.

Edit

In future, these "hit and run" tactics will not be tolerated, Whettestone. Any more posts of this nature will receive a warning.
Old December 8 2004, 10:09 PM   #6
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Posted by Whettestone:
They can't use those names. "The Anal" and "The Anus" are already titles for fairly famous ENT fanfics. The first one stars Archer and Trip. The second is somewhat different, staring Trip and Reed. Well, other than the characters, I guess they are pretty similar. The rest I will leave to your imaginations.
Old December 9 2004, 12:47 AM   #7
Hobs202
Commodore

Posted by Whettestone:

Oh, so now any future ENT episodes are going to be automatically judged based on the TITLES???? Good grief...

Btw, on the subject of titles, what would name would you have made for this episode?

From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying "Bah"
--- Dogbert
Old December 9 2004, 04:18 AM   #8
omegaboi923
Commander

What I'm more concerned about is how it's physically impossible for a blue skinned animal to survive in an artic temp. But whatever.
eh, maybe I just watch too much farscape and think everything with blue skin has to be part plant. Silly Delvians...

I'm still waiting for the Relativity to swoop down and fix everything.

Blah. Annurism.
~Brett

Old December 9 2004, 10:04 AM   #9
Whettestone
Captain

Posted by Reaperman:
Off hand I can't think of any Star Trek episode that has a "perverted and stupid sounding title", and although it might be interesting to see a few more examples, it might be better in future if you refrained from making such graphic analogies.

In future, these "hit and run" tactics will not be tolerated, Whettestone. Any more posts of this nature will receive a warning.
No doubt I'll get some more threats and warnings for this but to get attacked and threatened because I point out a really bad title, you Mods already suck as it is. First, because YOU ASKED me to specifically give examples of stupid titles, here goes:

"Canamar": They didn't even go to Canamar.
"Breach": The breach occured off screen and was never mentioned past the first few minutes.
"Fallen Hero": There was no fallen hero.
"Civilization": There was no civilization.
"Acquisition": There was no acquisition, but rather lots of little ones like Pecan Pies and crap.
"Dead Stop": They were stopped for four minutes.
"Countdown": There was no countdown.

With people living on an ice world, am I the only one who can come up with good titles that uses words like "ice", "frozen", "freeze", "snow" or "winter". But "The Aeanar"? You're obviously not saying it out loud. And no, I can't give any examples of STar Trek titles that sound perverted, because no title is as stupid or perverted sounding as this one. I really can't believe you think this is a bash against the show and not a legitimate complaint. Just because you personally can't see it or don't want to see it, doesn't mean it's some kind of "hit and run" bash.

Here's two simple truths.

1 - I have other things I have to do besides constantly visiting every god damn day and posting every minute. I save the URL's in a Windows98 notepad on my desktop, then weeks or months after the thread is done, and I remember, I go and grab it, save it in a folder, then later, often MONTHS later, I'll eventually get around to reading it. I have TrekBBS threads from 2003 I haven't read yet. This isn't "hit and run". It's just me not kissing your ass every day. I only post about once a week or so. It's by chance I came back the next day and took another look here because the episode title really is that bad.

2 - As for those warnings, you suck at them and are far from consistant. I don't do hit and run, that's Dennis Bailey's job. He does it all the time when he averages 15 to 20 posts a day with his little "Absolutely Right!" sh*t, which you people let slide ALL THE TIME. I had a thread pulled down months ago because it was labled "too political", yet Bailey's avatar appears in every thread he posts and none of you does anything.

I've told you guys before and you do nothing but I'll tell you again. You have a crappy warning system set up where nobody knows they even got a warning until well after it's over. I got warnings I didn't learn about until MONTHS later. I've been banned for a day and didn't even know until a week after the ban was even up!

SERIOUSLY Reaperman, ANSWER THIS: Why can't you have a thing appear telling us of warnings from the past weeks? You must be able to do that, because I see on the bottom of the page you even know how many visitors are online and how many of those are even registered. You track the number of members and which ones are registered, you track the number of posts each one makes, you even allow Private Messages to be sent over your own website, but you're so incompetant you can't even set up a system to tell members they've received any warnings within the past week when they log on the BBS?

So Reaperman, while you're sitting on your Aenar this week, figure out why Bailey's political avatar can appear in every public thread in every public category while my single thread was pulled from Misc and I was told to take it to the NZ with the perverts.

So go ahead and spam me with warnings if that makes you feel all powerful. Because you won't tell me and I won't know until 2005.

If at all.
Old December 9 2004, 05:19 PM   #10
Angry Angel
Vice Admiral

Well I for one am very enthousiastic about the Andorian arc, and since I always forget the titles I don't really care for them either, just as long as the show is good. Which I'm expecting it will be.
Beyond a critical point in a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who do survive. -Pardot Kynes
Old December 9 2004, 05:32 PM   #11
Steven
Admiral

Posted by Whettestone:
SERIOUSLY Reaperman, ANSWER THIS: Why can't you have a thing appear telling us of warnings from the past weeks?
If you actually looked around, you would see the link that says "Warnings/Bans" on the sidebar right below the side ad.

Okay, personally, I can't say that I'm too enthused about the description of Andor(ia). Mostly because it largely seems to contradict the description we got in the Andorian story in "The Worlds of Deep Space Nine".
Old December 9 2004, 08:25 PM   #12
Reaperman
Rear Admiral

Whettestone, my main issue was with your reference to "the Anal" and "the Anus", not with whether or not a title was stupid or perverted. Not that I'm offended (I doubt that anyone is), but it has dragged the thread off topic.

As for the rest of your comments, either bring them up in MA or contact me via PM.