Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old February 28 2013, 09:32 PM   #31
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Re: Survivor 26: Fans vs Favorites Discussion

At this point the Cool Kids are just down to two dudes who aren't quite as bad at challenges as everyone else. So far I wouldn't bring back any of these boring ass fans for a later season. Swing and a miss on the Survivor talent. If they didn't win another challenge it would suit me just fine.
Old March 1 2013, 03:14 AM   #32
Snaploud
Admiral

Pegaritaville wrote: View Post
I was a little confused about the fans' plan to flush out the idol. They split the vote, but the only "Cool Kids" alliance member they didn't vote for was the guy that actually had the idol. Why not target him and force him to use his idol?
They weren't trying to flush out the idol. They wanted to get rid of Hope and used Eddie as the back-up vote in case one of them got to use the idol. They were trying to keep the tribe strong for challenges while still bringing the "cool group" down to two members. Hope was their first choice because she was the weakest of the three in challenges.

They seemed to think the guy with the idol was the best at challenges, so he was never a target.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2013, 04:59 AM   #33
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

That's another thing about the Fans vs Favorites concept. I'm a fan of Survivor, but if I have social plans during the episode, I miss it, and catch it on the website next time I have nothing better to do. So I can not call myself a 'superfan', thus would not be eligible for the show. Nor would anybody who has much social skills or spends much of any time outside.

The only two people who are remotely physically capable on the Fans side, Reynold and Shamar, act like pathetic entitled children.

I think the same thing is going to happen this season that happens the first Fans vs Favorites, the Favorites dominate and eviscerate the Fans tribe. I am praying that everybody gets knocked off except Matt & Mike, who then make strong alliances with some of the Favorites.

And I've seen a lot of reality show contestants who I've not liked, but there are only two who I think if I met in real life, they might actually hurt me. That is Brandon and Willie Hantz. Holy crap that family has a defective Y chromosome.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2013, 10:42 PM   #34
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Snaploud wrote: View Post
Pegaritaville wrote: View Post
I was a little confused about the fans' plan to flush out the idol. They split the vote, but the only "Cool Kids" alliance member they didn't vote for was the guy that actually had the idol. Why not target him and force him to use his idol?
They weren't trying to flush out the idol. They wanted to get rid of Hope and used Eddie as the back-up vote in case one of them got to use the idol. They were trying to keep the tribe strong for challenges while still bringing the "cool group" down to two members. Hope was their first choice because she was the weakest of the three in challenges.

They seemed to think the guy with the idol was the best at challenges, so he was never a target.
I know they wanted to keep the guys for the challenges, but the gal that seems to be pulling the strings (can't seem to remember any of their names) mentioned wanting to flush out the idol as well. And they could have- if they had just let Idol Guy know he was a target. Even if he was too stupid to play it they still could have voted out Hope in the second round of voting.
Pegaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2013, 01:38 PM   #35
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Poor Shamar *sniffle*

Anyway, looks like we are finally getting the Hantzsplosion next week. That dude is just not stable.
Old March 7 2013, 04:15 PM   #36
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

looks like it's going to be interesting. But how are they going to get rid of him if they never lose?

I was thinking, wonder if the contestants could sue for putting them in there with a crazy person?
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2013, 06:19 PM   #37
Roger Wilco
Admiral

wissaboo wrote: View Post
I was thinking, wonder if the contestants could sue for putting them in there with a crazy person?
Why? They can leave any time they want, and the Survivor producers' contracs have been tested over many years, and lots of lunatics in the camps.
Old March 7 2013, 09:19 PM   #38
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post
wissaboo wrote: View Post
Why? They can leave any time they want, and the Survivor producers' contracs have been tested over many years, and lots of lunatics in the camps.
but this guy appears dangerous. I doubt the contract would hold up if contestants start physically attacking each other.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2013, 10:31 PM   #39
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Yoda wrote: View Post
Poor Shamar *sniffle*

Anyway, looks like we are finally getting the Hantzsplosion next week. That dude is just not stable.
I'm looking forward to next week's episode. The show hyped a Brandon meltdown before, but this time it looks like it'll finally happen.
Pegaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8 2013, 11:04 PM   #40
Garak
Mr Garak. Today My Name is Mr Garak

I've got to give this past week's episode a rewatch, I had a dinner party beforehand and then decided to watch the show afterwards drunk off my ass and can't remember a bloody thing.
Old March 9 2013, 02:26 AM   #41
Yoda
Rear Admiral

^I think this show is probably best drunk...
Old March 14 2013, 05:56 AM   #42
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Well, that Hantzsplosion certainly didn't disappoint
Old March 14 2013, 07:31 AM   #43
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Psy-cho-path.

It takes a concerted effort to make Philip look like a paragon of self control.

Did you see the way Probst was rubbing his shoulders? He was terrified Brandon was about to physically attack someone.

"I'm doing this for my family!"

Yeah Brandon, your kids are going to see this the moment they're old enough to discover Youtube.

Last edited by JirinPanthosa; March 14 2013 at 07:46 AM.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2013, 08:20 AM   #44
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Yoda wrote: View Post
Well, that Hantzsplosion certainly didn't disappoint
Oh yeah.
Old March 14 2013, 02:51 PM   #45
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

I found it funny that in the preview for last week's episode, they had shown clips of the Hantz meltdown, but they weren't in the actual episode. Then, in last night's episode, they showed a recap of last week's, and they showed those same clips ... which never actually aired in that episode.

It reminded me of one of those episodes of Angel, when they did one of those recaps at the beginning of the episode, but filmed scenes specifically for the recap, that weren't aired in the ep.

Survivor is trying to be sneaky.