RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,703
Members: 24,210
Currently online: 705
Newest member: MaileDetty

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old March 4 2013, 06:10 PM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

Best Of Both Worlds Trailer

NCM Fathom Events has released a short trailer for the theater showing of Star Trek: The Next Generation‘s The Best of Both Worlds. The Best of Both Worlds will be shown in more than five hundred theaters on April 25 at 7 PM. The screening will include the double episode (two hours in length), as [...]

More...
TrekToday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2013, 04:37 AM   #2
Captrek
Rear Admiral

Re: Best Of Both Worlds Trailer

“Experience one of television’s most powerful cliffhangers...”

That strikes me as a lousy advertisement, considering that the cliffhanger aspect is lost entirely in this presentation. If a cliffhanger is what you want, you need to see it in two parts.
Captrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 02:48 AM   #3
asp7485
Lieutenant Commander

The trailer is so cheesy too and doesn't seem exciting. I wish it could be something more like what CBS released for the blu-ray.
asp7485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 07:37 PM   #4
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Captrek wrote: View Post

That strikes me as a lousy advertisement, considering that the cliffhanger aspect is lost entirely in this presentation. If a cliffhanger is what you want, you need to see it in two parts.
I think this is why I'm not buying the Best of Both Worlds set. The power of the episode was the cliffhanger, and Ron Jone's sweeping score that came with it. I'm looking forward to the theatrical screening to see how they merged the two episodes together, but if it was anything like what Maxwell Everett posted a month ago, than the Cliffhanger is lost and it's just a 90 minute movie. I don't really want it to be a 90 minute movie. I was the music, the episode as originally aired, and the theatrical screening gives me a reason to not watch BOBW when I get to it on the Season 3 set.
Old March 7 2013, 11:27 PM   #5
Mott the barber
Commodore

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Captrek wrote: View Post

I think this is why I'm not buying the Best of Both Worlds set. The power of the episode was the cliffhanger, and Ron Jone's sweeping score that came with it. I'm looking forward to the theatrical screening to see how they merged the two episodes together, but if it was anything like what Maxwell Everett posted a month ago, than the Cliffhanger is lost and it's just a 90 minute movie. I don't really want it to be a 90 minute movie. I was the music, the episode as originally aired, and the theatrical screening gives me a reason to not watch BOBW when I get to it on the Season 3 set.
I am of course going to the screening but yes, the best part of part 1 is the end. It's why I half-jokingly said about a month ago that I almost wish they'd do like Yesterday's Ent. or the Defector, Tin Man, etc. and then BOBW pt. 1 in theater this go around and then BOBW pt. 2 and Family next time. It would preserve the cliffhanger aspect a little more (yes we know what's gonna happen but still).
Old March 9 2013, 01:12 AM   #6
Nagisa Furukawa
Commander

While this probably won't happen, it'd be cool if instead of "TO BE CONTINUED," it said "INTERMISSION" and then the film has a 10-minute-or-so break before coming back.
Old March 9 2013, 01:33 AM   #7
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Nagisa Furukawa wrote: View Post
While this probably won't happen, it'd be cool if instead of "TO BE CONTINUED," it said "INTERMISSION" and then the film has a 10-minute-or-so break before coming back.
This is the best idea I've heard. Some people are bound to freak out if they see "To Be Continued" up there.

By this point in time, any Star Trek fan already knows what happens, so hasn't the cliffhanger lost some of it's charm?
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9 2013, 02:03 AM   #8
Maxwell Everett
Fleet Captain

I suspect it's not going to say anything at all, just like the video I posted several weeks ago in the other BOBW thread. I suppose you could put the video on pause during the few seconds of black between parts. But if that's the case, you might as well wait until the teaser of Part II is over, after Locutus's, "Resistance is hopeless, Number One."

But really, I think the point of this separate release is to present the two parts together with no more interruption than the typical fade outs and fade ins that are a part of every Star Trek television episode.
Old March 9 2013, 09:37 AM   #9
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
This is the best idea I've heard. Some people are bound to freak out if they see "To Be Continued" up there.

By this point in time, any Star Trek fan already knows what happens, so hasn't the cliffhanger lost some of it's charm?
Not to me it hasn't. I always get goosebumps when we get Mr. Worf, Fire, followed by the great music. I think it's the music that I'm worried about. I mean when you use the same music on two shows about 15 years apart (TNG and Family Guy), you've done something memorable.