RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,670
Members: 24,197
Currently online: 527
Newest member: Trek's Offender

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old March 5 2013, 05:07 PM   #16
Christopher
Writer

Re: Project: Full Circle Mission Length

^"If" is not a guarantee. There are always possibilities, to coin a phrase.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2013, 05:48 PM   #17
ryan123450
Commodore

View ryan123450's Twitter Profile

And if such a jump happened right now in Voyager, things would be left unresolved. Really now could be a perfect time for such a hypothtical jump, though I don't see the need for one.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
ryan123450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2013, 06:14 PM   #18
Christopher
Writer

^Well, remember, Kirsten's VGR novels began with a single book that resolved the dangling threads from prior books and then jumped forward over two and a half years to synch up with Destiny. So there's no reason she couldn't do the same again if she were asked. Just because the DS9 jump left threads unresolved, that doesn't mean every jump has to.

Old March 5 2013, 07:22 PM   #19
Paris
Fleet Captain

^You're right. IKWT (In Kirsten We Trust)
Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 02:33 AM   #20
AuntKate
Commodore

Paris wrote: View Post
^You're right. IKWT (In Kirsten We Trust)
True, she's done a great job. But her "catching up" section in "Full Circle" was a pretty "clunky" read.

I think it's time to let go of this lock step coordination of the different relaunches. Voyager is out there away from the AQ, so let that story develop at its own pace, I say.
Old March 6 2013, 02:44 AM   #21
Markonian
Captain

AuntKate wrote: View Post

I think it's time to let go of this lock step coordination of the different relaunches. Voyager is out there away from the AQ, so let that story develop at its own pace, I say.
But we didn't have a Voyager-Typhon Pact story yet.
Old March 6 2013, 02:58 AM   #22
Christopher
Writer

AuntKate wrote: View Post
I think it's time to let go of this lock step coordination of the different relaunches.
Umm, did you miss the part where I showed that the "present days" of the four different 24th-century novel series are all spaced about a year apart? There is no "lockstep coordination" and never has been. There have been a couple of times when the series have been brought into alignment for a crossover event, but the rest of the time they've gone at their own independent paces.

Old March 6 2013, 06:46 AM   #23
JD
Admiral

Infern0 wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
Even if we did get a crossover that pulled some of the characters from Voyager out of the AQ and forward in time, that doesn't mean that the regular series wouldn't continue on at it's own pace. They could keep things vague with maybe just a few hints for future books. I know they jumped ahead and stayed there with DS9, but there's nothing saying that would have to be the case with Voyager.
Logic would dictate that the voyager novels will follow the same path as the DS9 novels.

What's good for the goose....
Why would it? There is a different editor in charge now, and the one author writing Voyager has never been involved with the DS9R. Just because one series did something years ago, doesn't mean another series is going to do the same thing now.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote