RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,720
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 801
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 5 2013, 10:52 PM   #1426
marillion
Vice Admiral

View marillion's Twitter Profile
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

DarthTom wrote: View Post
marillion wrote: View Post

Or would it be easier to find a servicable car along the road, take it and then be able to park right next to a car they can siphon from? Sure, there could be walkers in among the trees, but they are easy to pick off if you have a look out, and except when a herd is rolling through, aren't usually in large, concentrated numbers like was seen in the town scenes.
BTW, larger car dealerships here in GA have their own buried underground gas tanks.
Well, poo! There goes my theory... Unless the only way to access them is through an electrically powered pump...
Old March 5 2013, 11:52 PM   #1427
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Wow, I never thought we'd see Morgan again. Poor guy. But that was quite a layout he created there. It's too bad he didn't come back to the prison.

It was great to finally see Micchone loosening up and trying to become part of the group.

But, since we're nitpicking, I've got one: What was up with all the dormant zombies in the bar? Were they all the town alcoholics who wandered back there and sat down after they died? Or did they all die sitting there in the first outbreak of the virus? It's been speculated that some people die almost instantly when they're infected, but it's kind of hard to believe that everybody in a bar would die in their seats like that.
Old March 5 2013, 11:55 PM   #1428
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

I assumed they were locked in there by someone else (Morgan or anyone else), or lured in there after someone (who they may or may not have killed), and just got stuck.

auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2013, 11:58 PM   #1429
RJDiogenes

That could be. But it was weird how they were all sitting around like that.
Old March 6 2013, 12:01 AM   #1430
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

^It reminded me of the walkers just sitting in the church, back in season 2.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 12:02 AM   #1431
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Or would it be easier to find a servicable car along the road, take it and then be able to park right next to a car they can siphon from? Sure, there could be walkers in among the trees, but they are easy to pick off if you have a look out, and except when a herd is rolling through, aren't usually in large, concentrated numbers like was seen in the town scenes.
BTW, larger car dealerships here in GA have their own buried underground gas tanks.
Well, poo! There goes my theory... Unless the only way to access them is through an electrically powered pump...
Yeah, most dealerships I know of are
A) Not "downtown" but in the outskirts/suburbs
and
B) have their own pumps

Lots of big mega- dealerships here in the south with hundreds of vehicles on the lots.
Old March 6 2013, 01:30 AM   #1432
Zod
Commander

Easily the best episode since the Pilot imo. I felt so many emotions watching- It was not easy at times to watch but I couldn't turn away either. The most I could do was pause the DVR to give my mind a little space to catch my racing thoughts.

I have been wondering since we left Morgan if we would see him and his boy again. To learn what happened to his son and how it happened was a tough one. I loved that actor on Jericho and I hope to see him again. Was he a part of the comics?

I have been saying this now for a few years. This is the best show on TV and up there with the best ever.
Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 01:31 AM   #1433
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Wow, I never thought we'd see Morgan again. Poor guy. But that was quite a layout he created there. It's too bad he didn't come back to the prison.

It was great to finally see Micchone loosening up and trying to become part of the group.

But, since we're nitpicking, I've got one: What was up with all the dormant zombies in the bar? Were they all the town alcoholics who wandered back there and sat down after they died? Or did they all die sitting there in the first outbreak of the virus? It's been speculated that some people die almost instantly when they're infected, but it's kind of hard to believe that everybody in a bar would die in their seats like that.
Obviously they ate the food.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 02:53 AM   #1434
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Without any stimulation, the zombies seem to go "dormant" until something wakes them up. We've seen it a dozen times at this point.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 03:00 AM   #1435
Tom
Rear Admiral

That, and gas stations would be tough since there is no electricty, and the gas is to low for syphoning. You would have to to either have generator supply power to the pump, or better yet have a gas powered pump to get the gas out. Heck, you could even put it in a tanker truck than you would be good for a while.

If Walter White can rob 1000 gallons of methlemine in minutes unnoticed, I'm sure rick and the gang can get some gas! LOL

Last edited by Tom; March 6 2013 at 03:12 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 04:04 AM   #1436
throwback
Captain

I know that the TV series is roughly paralleling what was in the comics. However, I think if I was in the same situation, I would hightail it out of that prison. The group is outnumbered, is subsisting on a low-calorie diet, is outgunned, and, like Andrea reported to the Governor, they are broken emotionally and mentally. What do they have? Gassed operating vehicles that can get them to safety. And, base on this last episode, the Governor is not devoting resources to containing these individuals, or, otherwise, Rick and his party would never have made it to that other town.

I am sticking with this series to the end of this season. But this series' issues with characters is becoming old hat for me.
throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 06:46 AM   #1437
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Anyone catch Lauren Cohen on Kimmel? Day-umm!
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 08:35 AM   #1438
Borgminister

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post

Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 10:37 AM   #1439
RJDiogenes

auntiehill wrote: View Post
^It reminded me of the walkers just sitting in the church, back in season 2.
That's true. I was thinking about that later last night.

Venardhi wrote: View Post
Without any stimulation, the zombies seem to go "dormant" until something wakes them up. We've seen it a dozen times at this point.
Yeah, but seldom imitating behavior from their last lives like that.

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
Perhaps the Friday luncheon special is what triggered the apocalypse.
Old March 6 2013, 02:43 PM   #1440
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

throwback wrote: View Post
I know that the TV series is roughly paralleling what was in the comics. However, I think if I was in the same situation, I would hightail it out of that prison. The group is outnumbered, is subsisting on a low-calorie diet, is outgunned, and, like Andrea reported to the Governor, they are broken emotionally and mentally. What do they have? Gassed operating vehicles that can get them to safety. And, base on this last episode, the Governor is not devoting resources to containing these individuals, or, otherwise, Rick and his party would never have made it to that other town.
It wouldn't make the story compelling but if it were me, I'd head to the nearest ocean port and find a large yacht, fuel it up, and head to sea. It would be port to port from there and way away from landfall.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote