Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 28 2013, 03:21 AM   #1
Mr Light
Admiral

Can Someone Explain Silent Hill Homecoming To Me?

I saw this movie once in theater, and admitedly fell asleep towards the end, but I just watched it again on DVD and... it still doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain the plot?

In the first movie, the Silent Hill people were Christian fundamentalists. Now, they're a cult trying to bring about the birth of some demonic pagan god.

In the first movie, the Silent Hill people burn Alessa because she was a witch and a bastard child. In this movie, they were... making her the incarnation of their god? So why did they burn her alive then?

Is this pagan god supposed to the demon that Alessa is, or something good? If it's supposed to be something good, why is Alessa so demonic and evil?

If the leader of the cult is really the razor blade head woman, the one that was attacking the girl in the real world, what was the point of those terrorizing attacks on her?

If the cult hired the private eye to find the girl, why did razor-head-woman, who we learn is the leader of the cult, kill him?

Who are the people that Pyramid Head were chopping the hands off of? And why didn't the rest of them stick their hands back inside after he chopped off the first guy's hands?

When the girl rips the gas mask off the cultist in the amusement park, why does it kill him? Everybody else breathes the darkness air just fine.

What exactly happens when the girl "defeats" Alessa? Does she absorb her into her, or destroy her, and how does she suddenly have this power?

During the credits... why is the mannequin spider attacking the nurses?

Last edited by Mr Light; February 28 2013 at 03:34 AM.
Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2013, 02:38 PM   #2
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Re: Can Someone Explain Silent Hill Homecoming To Me?

Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2013, 07:17 PM   #3
Aldo
Admiral

Silent Hill: Homecoming is the fifth game in the Silent Hill series. You're thinking of Silent Hill: Revelations 3D.
Old March 1 2013, 01:42 AM   #4
Mr Light
Admiral

Yes, sorry there's no thread title edit

Old March 2 2013, 12:56 PM   #5
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

Mr Light wrote: View Post

In the first movie, the Silent Hill people were Christian fundamentalists. Now, they're a cult trying to bring about the birth of some demonic pagan god.
New leadership, new goals.

In the first movie, the Silent Hill people burn Alessa because she was a witch and a bastard child. In this movie, they were... making her the incarnation of their god? So why did they burn her alive then?
In the games' lore, pain and negative emotions nurture the god growing inside of her. The more, the better. So they burned her alive.

Is this pagan god supposed to the demon that Alessa is, or something good?
No, definitely evil.
If the leader of the cult is really the razor blade head woman, the one that was attacking the girl in the real world, what was the point of those terrorizing attacks on her?
To cause some juicy amounts of fear and anger.

If the cult hired the private eye to find the girl, why did razor-head-woman, who we learn is the leader of the cult, kill him?
Tying up loose ends, I suppose.

When the girl rips the gas mask off the cultist in the amusement park, why does it kill him? Everybody else breathes the darkness air just fine.
Maybe he had a condition.

What exactly happens when the girl "defeats" Alessa? Does she absorb her into her, or destroy her, and how does she suddenly have this power?
I think the game leaves it up to interpretation. In the bad ending, Heather turns into evil Alessa and kills Douglas.
Why she has that power? I guess it's because Alessa is the other half of her soul.

During the credits... why is the mannequin spider attacking the nurses?
No idea. Didn't watch the credits.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2013, 05:47 AM   #6
Mr Light
Admiral

thanks! is it a literal adaptation of one of the games?

Old March 3 2013, 01:31 PM   #7
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

For the most part yes. It's an adaptation of the third game. Much closer to the game, in fact, than the first movie was to the first game.
There are still a few changes, though. For example, in the game, Claudia has Harry killed, so Heather would come to her to avenge him. Since revenge is a bad thing, this would birth the god growing inside Heather.
Also, the final boss fight is different, since Heather (being the player character) fights that thing. Pyramid Head doesn't show up in SH 3.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote