Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 1 2013, 05:36 PM   #736
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

Re: Green Arrow (CW)

I just want to see some more trick arrows. Yes, including the boxing glove.
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2013, 07:07 PM   #737
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

I hope they do not kill Malcolm and have Tommy take his place. The son has none of his father's training and would be a weak villain. Also it's a cliche to have friends become adversaries. I would rather see Tommy killed off. That would have a huge impact on most of the characters.
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2013, 07:11 PM   #738
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Ohhh yeah, and what if in some way Green Arrow is responsible, maybe Tommy gets in the way of an arrow meant for Malcolm.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2013, 07:51 PM   #739
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

That would work well.

Also I can not see how Tommy and Oliver as enemies could even work now. Tommy knows his secret. He could expose it anytime he wanted or hire someone to kill. Plus it's Clark vs Lex territory, which is the last thing I hope they do.
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2013, 08:25 PM   #740
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

^Why not they aleady have Chloe and Pete.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2013, 10:55 PM   #741
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

But this Chloe is sensible enough not to fall in love with Clark.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2013, 12:01 AM   #742
stj
Rear Admiral

Donald Draper wrote: View Post
Stephen Amell is really growing in the role. His reactions to Tommy in the hospital were great.

This show is really impressing me. I think its getting better with each episode.
I disagree. Stephen Amell was impressive from the first episode and the primary reason the show works at all. And I say this even though my true love is Susannah Thompsom.

Takeru wrote: View Post
Icemizer wrote: View Post
Ollies mom sure is a piece of work and right now I cant see her making it through the season.
I really hope they don't kill her off, she's a great character and Susannah Thompson is one of the shows best actors, it would be crazy to write her out this early.
Yes, but they've been very sparing with her character, to the point we don't really know her. In that sense she's already written out.

Donald Draper wrote: View Post
If they do not kill the character her role will have to be changed. I can not see the current status of Moria trying to undermine, kill Malcolm, why hiding it from her kids lasting too long. Also its going to be equally implausible for the Queens to become one big happy family when all this is revealed to Oliver and Thea. Not to mention the bigger issue of Oliver's own secret. If she survives the show will be radically different next year.
Moira is against the Undertaking, and so is Oliver. So technically they have that grounds for reconciliation. But on the other hand, for a family member to kill people bent on evil while deceiving the rest of the family? I don't see how Oliver can forgive Moira for that!

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Soon, everyone in Ollie's life is going to know he's the vigilante. The show is moving things along pretty fast.
Half the show is the island story and it's moving pretty slowly I think. There's not much dramatic choice in that, Oliver either bulks up or dies. That's a no-brainer, so who's really all excited about wondering whether Ollie is a boob?

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
But this Chloe is sensible enough not to fall in love with Clark.
I'm guessing since I haven't seen Smallville, but if Laurel is Chloe and Oliver is Clark, then you've forgotten the character development mantra, which is that people change, radically, for no reason at all, rather rapidly, even though they may change right back. Laurel/Tommy is refreshingly believable, but the demands of open-ended serialization are merciless. It appears they had a fairly good idea where they wanted to go, but I suspect they've not been able to look ahead to season two.
Old March 2 2013, 12:04 AM   #743
CorporalClegg
Admiral

stj wrote: View Post
I'm guessing since I haven't seen Smallville, but if Laurel is Chloe and Oliver is Clark, then you've forgotten the character development mantra, which is that people change, radically, for no reason at all, rather rapidly, even though they may change right back. Laurel/Tommy is refreshingly believable, but the demands of open-ended serialization are merciless. It appears they had a fairly good idea where they wanted to go, but I suspect they've not been able to look ahead to season two.
I think he means Felicity = Chloe
And Diggle = Pete
Old March 2 2013, 12:44 AM   #744
USS Firefly
Commander

Well you never know.
I think it's a great show so far
USS Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2013, 09:07 AM   #745
Killer Frost
Commodore

Soon, everyone in Ollie's life is going to know he's the vigilante. The show is moving things along pretty fast.
Half the show is the island story and it's moving pretty slowly I think. There's not much dramatic choice in that, Oliver either bulks up or dies. That's a no-brainer, so who's really all excited about wondering whether Ollie is a boob?
This show is moving fast compared to SMALLVILLE. The Island stuff is interesting along with Oliver's Starling City journey. We want to see how he gets to 'Arrow' and how he gets to Green Arrow. Some of use at least.
Killer Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 08:25 PM   #746
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

"Arrow" promotes Colton Haynes to series regular

The "Arrow" family is growing fast! Zap2it has confirmed that Colton Haynes, who guest stars as juvenile delinquent Roy Harper on The CW's hit series, has been promoted to series regular for Season 2.
Old March 14 2013, 12:51 AM   #747
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

^Good news but I hope they dont rush things. I dont need to see Speedy anytime soon, now Arsenal on the other hand......
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2013, 12:53 AM   #748
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Samaritan wrote: View Post
This show is moving fast compared to SMALLVILLE. The Island stuff is interesting along with Oliver's Starling City journey. We want to see how he gets to 'Arrow' and how he gets to Green Arrow. Some of use at least.
He's never going to become "Green Arrow". The name is stupid and Oliver stated as much when Laurel's dad suggested that "The Hood" adopt the name "Green Arrow" at a dinner party in episode 4 or 5.

Old March 14 2013, 02:45 AM   #749
Kai "the spy"
Commodore

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Samaritan wrote: View Post

He's never going to become "Green Arrow". The name is stupid and Oliver stated as much when Laurel's dad suggested that "The Hood" adopt the name "Green Arrow" at a dinner party in episode 4 or 5.
To satisfy my inner smartass, I've got to point out that this was not Laurel's dad, but Tommy's.

"Fanwankery is what 21st century pop entertainment's all about."
cooleddie74

Kai "the spy" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2013, 03:36 AM   #750
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I feed my innersmartass all the time.

It's dangerous to say "no" when it's demanding doughnuts.