Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Abrams To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek 3 Casting Rumor Reactions
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek Comics Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old March 2 2013, 05:34 AM   #16
jbny67
Commander

Re: BARROWMAN!!!!

Psion wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Cutter John wrote: View Post
Another companion rumored to be returning:

http://www.blastr.com/2013-2-11/ice-...-returning-who
Where did you see that? I saw "Another character is rumored to be returning" and then they went on to talk about the returning monster we already know about. I Read back over several paragraphs excepting "Character" to be a Companion
The last line of the second paragraph reads,
jbny67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2013, 05:39 AM   #17
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Psion wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Cutter John wrote: View Post
Another companion rumored to be returning:

http://www.blastr.com/2013-2-11/ice-...-returning-who
Where did you see that? I saw "Another character is rumored to be returning" and then they went on to talk about the returning monster we already know about. I Read back over several paragraphs excepting "Character" to be a Companion
The last line of the second paragraph reads,

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2013, 06:35 AM   #18
TemporalFlux
Commodore

We keep hearing rumors, but there's just not a lot that's going to fit into a 60 minute special.

I understand there's some kind of funding issue that leaves the series future in doubt, but they would have done better to hedge their bet for an anniversary series 8 where each episode could focus on something related to one past Doctor (13 episodes - 11 Doctors with two bookends to start and finish the series). I am really shocked this is not what was done; I don't think Moffat would be opposed to a grand epic season of Doctor Who history even if it was after the 50th year. What better story would he have to tell for Series 8?

Last edited by TemporalFlux; March 2 2013 at 07:06 AM.
TemporalFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2013, 07:34 AM   #19
Mitty
Vice Admiral

Moffat himself said the other day that the 60 minute "Rumour" is "Rubbish".
Old March 2 2013, 10:22 AM   #20
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Sorry guys, I mis-read that bit about the guest appearance. Way too many "Specials" next year. I got them mixed up.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2013, 01:42 PM   #21
captain crow
Fleet Captain

Location: Onboard a sliver dog bone shaped satellite in Earth orbit

If he actually is in the anniversary special , then I hope his part is just a brief cameo.
Old March 2 2013, 01:53 PM   #22
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

If you eat a Slitheen who ate a human recently, is that canabalism?

I just want to see Ian take out something big and menacing.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2013, 02:12 PM   #23
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

So, he said on Twitter: "Re 50th I didn't say in what capacity or what medium so stay calm and carry on . Jb"

This has me thinking that he's been approached to do the ninth Doctor chapter of Destiny of the Doctor with AudioGo/Big Finish. It's unlikely Eccleston or Piper would do it. Eliminate them, and Barrowman makes the most sense.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2013, 02:16 PM   #24
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
So, he said on Twitter: "Re 50th I didn't say in what capacity or what medium so stay calm and carry on . Jb"

This has me thinking that he's been approached to do the ninth Doctor chapter of Destiny of the Doctor with AudioGo/Big Finish. It's unlikely Eccleston or Piper would do it. Eliminate them, and Barrowman makes the most sense.
Didn't Eccelston say something not long ago, that left the impression he might be ameniable to Audio?

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2013, 02:50 PM   #25
StCoop
Commodore

This has me thinking that he's been approached to do the ninth Doctor chapter of Destiny of the Doctor with AudioGo/Big Finish.
Well he was on Graham Norton's radio show this morning and said he wasn't allowed to talk about it as it got him into trouble. Don't think the readers for DOTD are top-secret info.
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2013, 04:12 PM   #26
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

StCoop wrote: View Post
Well he was on Graham Norton's radio show this morning and said he wasn't allowed to talk about it as it got him into trouble. Don't think the readers for DOTD are top-secret info.
I worked with marketing copy for the fifth one recently. Title, plot, and reader were all, at the time, TBA. Yes, there was a big splash of information on the first, but after that there's less and less information from AudioGo. So, no, it doesn't surprise me one iota that people would ask Barrowman to dial back his enthusiasm if he's the reader of the ninth Doctor audio when they're being less than forthcoming about Destiny of the Doctor.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2013, 04:25 PM   #27
StCoop
Commodore

We'll find out soon enough since they'll be shooting in a month and unless it's 100% Studio Bound things will leak. (Actually even if is I wouldn't be surprised if the people who usually turn up at location shoots start hanging out in front of the studio to see who's going in.)
Old March 2 2013, 05:49 PM   #28
Turbo
Vice Admiral

View Turbo's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Turbo

That would make sense. I was wondering who they were going to get to read it; was thinking they might have to bring in Noel Clarke to do it.
Old March 2 2013, 06:06 PM   #29
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Mitty wrote: View Post
Moffat himself said the other day that the 60 minute "Rumour" is "Rubbish".
Moffat says a lot of things, and a few even turn out to be true.

Given that he hasn't even finished the script, last I heard, for the anniversary special, anything else beyond that is just in his head at this point. So, I'd take it with a grain of salt. There could be anniversary stuff during season 8, but even he's not sure of it yet.

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2013, 06:06 PM   #30
StCoop
Commodore

Just BTW he was specifically responding to a question apout appearing in the 50th Anniversary Special when he said he couldn't talk about it, on the radio. His sister Carol was also there and she added that he'd got in trouble with the BBC for what he said on the TV.

So not an audiobook then. (Though that doesn't mean he won't be doing that too.)