Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 26 2013, 03:47 AM   #76
Snaploud
Admiral

Re: The Vampire Diaries - Season 4

Once again we have a plotline involving supposedly sympathetic people planning mass murder and/or the destruction of the world for the sake of some stupidity. Charming.

As for Matt: it's pretty clear that nobody cares about him. He's the last human of the group, and nobody bothers to suggest giving him Jeremy's ring.

Regarding Damon: Seriously? Your solution is to turn off the emotions of a newbie vampire...? She's your sire. You could have just told her to be at peace over Jeremy's passing. You didn't need to shut all her emotions down and turn her into ripper 2.0 (or 3.0?).
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 05:42 AM   #77
JD
Admiral

Yeah, the whole turning off her emotions thing was kinda stupid. Didn't everything go to hell when that happened to Stefan? It's also getting a little annoying that they seem to just keep randomly throwing Katherine into the story just for the hell of it.
I'll admit my memory of it isn't real clear, but I thought everyone but Bonnie was actually disgusted by the whole sacrificing twelve people thing?
Old February 26 2013, 05:01 PM   #78
js
Captain

Kosh Naranek wrote: View Post
I think the characters are losing IQ points. At least it felt like they would ask the obvious questions back in seasons 1 and 2. Now they just feel like mindless cardboard cutouts moved around to suit the plot.
The difference between Kevin Williamson showrunning and Julie Plec showrunning.

Then again, last night I gave up on Williamson's The Following because it was going nowhere, so...
Old February 26 2013, 05:03 PM   #79
js
Captain

JD wrote: View Post
I'll admit my memory of it isn't real clear, but I thought everyone but Bonnie was actually disgusted by the whole sacrificing twelve people thing?
Yes, but now she's in thrall to Shane/Silas, so she's just a programmed drone. Until she's conveniently not.