RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,599
Posts: 5,404,588
Members: 24,870
Currently online: 478
Newest member: The Hooded Man

TrekToday headlines

Star Trek: Gold Key Archives Vol. 2 Comic
By: T'Bonz on Oct 1

Cumberbatch In War Of Roses Miniseries
By: T'Bonz on Oct 1

Trek 3 Filming Location Revealed
By: T'Bonz on Oct 1

October-November 2014 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Cho Selfie TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

TPTB To Shatner: Shhh!
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 25 2013, 11:45 PM   #631
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
Ghouleddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The Halloween System in the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View Ghouleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

For what it's worth I still think we'll see Episode VII by the summer of 2015. If there's a delay then there won't be anything we the fans can do about it anyways, but if principal photography can get underway by late this year or early 2014 at the latest I still think we'll see the new film in cinemas more or less on-schedule.
__________________
"On Halloween night the Great Temporal Pumpkin rises out of the Chroniton patch and flies through space to bring new timelines to all the good little children of the galaxy." -cooleddie74
Ghouleddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2013, 11:49 PM   #632
CorporalClegg
Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Location: Land of Enchantment
Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

Sindatur wrote: View Post
SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
New Abrams comment on the whole Wars-Trek thing

"It's a little bit like being in the middle of lunch and trying to think about what's for dinner."

.
Waits for someone to come along and complain about Abrams insulting Trek and it's fans by calling Trek "Only lunch", while honoring Star Wars with being Dinner
In many cultures lunch is the primary meal of the day. I'm okay with that.
__________________
Konnichi wa!
CorporalClegg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 12:49 AM   #633
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
Ghouleddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The Halloween System in the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View Ghouleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

Meh. They're both edible product that occasionally produces crap.

Not as much difference as some would like to think.
__________________
"On Halloween night the Great Temporal Pumpkin rises out of the Chroniton patch and flies through space to bring new timelines to all the good little children of the galaxy." -cooleddie74
Ghouleddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 04:04 AM   #634
The Wormhole
Admiral
 
The Wormhole's Avatar
 
Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

He said: "We're in the middle of 'Star Trek' so to think about 'Star Wars' and the release date, all of that's far less of a concern than making a movie that's worth your time."
"In the middle of Star Trek?" Into Darkess is over two and a half months away from its theatrical release. He should be a lot further along than "in the middle."

What the hell have these ass clowns been doing? They spend three years telling everyone the script would be done "by the end of the month," delaying the movie's release date by an entire year, and now two months from release date they're only in the middle?

These jackasses are squandering the Trek franchise. This is why we need a Trek traditionalist back in the fold calling the shots. At least people like Berman and Braga got scripts done on time and never delayed release dates. I guarantee, September 2002 Nemesis was further along than in the middle.
__________________
"Internet message boards aren't as funny today as they were ten years ago. I've stopped reading new posts." -The Simpsons 20th anniversary special.
The Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 04:09 AM   #635
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral
 
The Mirrorball Man's Avatar
 
Location: Switzerland
View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile
Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
What the hell have these ass clowns been doing? They spend three years telling everyone the script would be done "by the end of the month," delaying the movie's release date by an entire year, and now three months from release date they're only in the middle?
"In the middle" because he's already thinking about the third Star Trek movie.

These jackasses are squandering the Trek franchise. This is why we need a Trek traditionalist back in the fold calling the shots. At least people like Berman and Braga got scripts done on time and never delayed release dates.
Maybe they should have.
__________________
Check out my deviantArt gallery!
The Mirrorball Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 04:10 AM   #636
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral
 
Geoff Peterson's Avatar
 
Location: 20 feet from an outlet
Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
He said: "We're in the middle of 'Star Trek' so to think about 'Star Wars' and the release date, all of that's far less of a concern than making a movie that's worth your time."
"In the middle of Star Trek?" Into Darkess is over two and a half months away from its theatrical release. He should be a lot further along than "in the middle."

What the hell have these ass clowns been doing? They spend three years telling everyone the script would be done "by the end of the month," delaying the movie's release date by an entire year, and now two months from release date they're only in the middle?

These jackasses are squandering the Trek franchise. This is why we need a Trek traditionalist back in the fold calling the shots. At least people like Berman and Braga got scripts done on time and never delayed release dates. I guarantee, September 2002 Nemesis was further along than in the middle.
You might want to find a new schtick.
__________________
Nerys Myk
Geoff Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 04:12 AM   #637
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
Ghouleddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The Halloween System in the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View Ghouleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

$258 million domestic box office along with an Academy Award for the last film hardly seems like "squandering the franchise," dude. One can quibble with the Abrams vision and the timeline his films depict, but saying the Trek franchise has been squandered when it's more popular and profitable now than it's been in many years is a bit much.

Trek's making money and it's alive. As much as I loved Enterprise you couldn't say that when it went off the air.
__________________
"On Halloween night the Great Temporal Pumpkin rises out of the Chroniton patch and flies through space to bring new timelines to all the good little children of the galaxy." -cooleddie74
Ghouleddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 04:33 AM   #638
The Wormhole
Admiral
 
The Wormhole's Avatar
 
Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post
He said: "We're in the middle of 'Star Trek' so to think about 'Star Wars' and the release date, all of that's far less of a concern than making a movie that's worth your time."
"In the middle of Star Trek?" Into Darkess is over two and a half months away from its theatrical release. He should be a lot further along than "in the middle."

What the hell have these ass clowns been doing? They spend three years telling everyone the script would be done "by the end of the month," delaying the movie's release date by an entire year, and now two months from release date they're only in the middle?

These jackasses are squandering the Trek franchise. This is why we need a Trek traditionalist back in the fold calling the shots. At least people like Berman and Braga got scripts done on time and never delayed release dates. I guarantee, September 2002 Nemesis was further along than in the middle.
You might want to find a new schtick.
I will when I get bored.
__________________
"Internet message boards aren't as funny today as they were ten years ago. I've stopped reading new posts." -The Simpsons 20th anniversary special.
The Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 04:48 AM   #639
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral
 
Geoff Peterson's Avatar
 
Location: 20 feet from an outlet
Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post

"In the middle of Star Trek?" Into Darkess is over two and a half months away from its theatrical release. He should be a lot further along than "in the middle."

What the hell have these ass clowns been doing? They spend three years telling everyone the script would be done "by the end of the month," delaying the movie's release date by an entire year, and now two months from release date they're only in the middle?

These jackasses are squandering the Trek franchise. This is why we need a Trek traditionalist back in the fold calling the shots. At least people like Berman and Braga got scripts done on time and never delayed release dates. I guarantee, September 2002 Nemesis was further along than in the middle.
You might want to find a new schtick.
I will when I get bored.
__________________
Nerys Myk
Geoff Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 05:33 AM   #640
CorporalClegg
Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Location: Land of Enchantment
Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

Willow makes everything better.

What episode is that from? Hannigan looks older than she does now.
__________________
Konnichi wa!
CorporalClegg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 05:37 AM   #641
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral
 
Geoff Peterson's Avatar
 
Location: 20 feet from an outlet
Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

No idea, I've never watch Buffy.
__________________
Nerys Myk
Geoff Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 06:11 AM   #642
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain
 
Kruezerman's Avatar
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

Now all the man needs to do is to make 2061: Odyssey Three and he'll be the King of Sci-Fi!
__________________
Here's proof that I can write something without using the word f**k.
Kruezerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 06:24 AM   #643
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral
 
The Mirrorball Man's Avatar
 
Location: Switzerland
View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile
Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

Kruezerman wrote: View Post
Now all the man needs to do is to make 2061: Odyssey Three and he'll be the King of Sci-Fi!
Oh no, what a terrible book, I hope no one ever tries to film it!

What he'd have to do in order to become the King of sci-fi (although, let's face it, he already is), would be to reboot The X-Files.
__________________
Check out my deviantArt gallery!
The Mirrorball Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 02:55 PM   #644
The Wormhole
Admiral
 
The Wormhole's Avatar
 
Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

Reboot The X-Files? Mulder and Scully are in their early twenties, Mulder an awkward nerd who never gets to hang with the FBI's cool gang, Scully a smoking hot babe who is forced to work an assignment with Mulder by that buzzkill authority figure Skinner. The story takes a twist by the arrival of Mulder Prime, played by David Duchovny.
__________________
"Internet message boards aren't as funny today as they were ten years ago. I've stopped reading new posts." -The Simpsons 20th anniversary special.
The Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 04:27 PM   #645
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Reboot The X-Files? Mulder and Scully are in their early twenties, Mulder an awkward nerd who never gets to hang with the FBI's cool gang, Scully a smoking hot babe who is forced to work an assignment with Mulder by that buzzkill authority figure Skinner. The story takes a twist by the arrival of Mulder Prime, played by David Duchovny.
Can't be any worse than the show my wife forced me to watch in the 90's.
__________________
"I tell you what you all need, you need to take a thirteenth step, down off your high horse." - Hank Hill, King of the Hill
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.