TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old February 25 2013, 11:45 PM   #631
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

Location: The North Pole of the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View SantaEddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: Abrams Directing Star Wars

For what it's worth I still think we'll see Episode VII by the summer of 2015. If there's a delay then there won't be anything we the fans can do about it anyways, but if principal photography can get underway by late this year or early 2014 at the latest I still think we'll see the new film in cinemas more or less on-schedule.

"Don't forget to have a Patrick Swayze Christmas!"
SantaEddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2013, 11:49 PM   #632
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post
SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
New Abrams comment on the whole Wars-Trek thing

"It's a little bit like being in the middle of lunch and trying to think about what's for dinner."

Waits for someone to come along and complain about Abrams insulting Trek and it's fans by calling Trek "Only lunch", while honoring Star Wars with being Dinner
In many cultures lunch is the primary meal of the day. I'm okay with that.
Old February 26 2013, 12:49 AM   #633
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

Meh. They're both edible product that occasionally produces crap.

Not as much difference as some would like to think.

Old February 26 2013, 04:04 AM   #634
The Wormhole
Admiral

He said: "We're in the middle of 'Star Trek' so to think about 'Star Wars' and the release date, all of that's far less of a concern than making a movie that's worth your time."
"In the middle of Star Trek?" Into Darkess is over two and a half months away from its theatrical release. He should be a lot further along than "in the middle."

What the hell have these ass clowns been doing? They spend three years telling everyone the script would be done "by the end of the month," delaying the movie's release date by an entire year, and now two months from release date they're only in the middle?

These jackasses are squandering the Trek franchise. This is why we need a Trek traditionalist back in the fold calling the shots. At least people like Berman and Braga got scripts done on time and never delayed release dates. I guarantee, September 2002 Nemesis was further along than in the middle.
Old February 26 2013, 04:09 AM   #635
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral

View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
What the hell have these ass clowns been doing? They spend three years telling everyone the script would be done "by the end of the month," delaying the movie's release date by an entire year, and now three months from release date they're only in the middle?
"In the middle" because he's already thinking about the third Star Trek movie.

These jackasses are squandering the Trek franchise. This is why we need a Trek traditionalist back in the fold calling the shots. At least people like Berman and Braga got scripts done on time and never delayed release dates.
Maybe they should have.
Old February 26 2013, 04:10 AM   #636
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

He said: "We're in the middle of 'Star Trek' so to think about 'Star Wars' and the release date, all of that's far less of a concern than making a movie that's worth your time."
"In the middle of Star Trek?" Into Darkess is over two and a half months away from its theatrical release. He should be a lot further along than "in the middle."

What the hell have these ass clowns been doing? They spend three years telling everyone the script would be done "by the end of the month," delaying the movie's release date by an entire year, and now two months from release date they're only in the middle?

These jackasses are squandering the Trek franchise. This is why we need a Trek traditionalist back in the fold calling the shots. At least people like Berman and Braga got scripts done on time and never delayed release dates. I guarantee, September 2002 Nemesis was further along than in the middle.
You might want to find a new schtick.
Old February 26 2013, 04:12 AM   #637
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

$258 million domestic box office along with an Academy Award for the last film hardly seems like "squandering the franchise," dude. One can quibble with the Abrams vision and the timeline his films depict, but saying the Trek franchise has been squandered when it's more popular and profitable now than it's been in many years is a bit much.

Trek's making money and it's alive. As much as I loved Enterprise you couldn't say that when it went off the air.

Old February 26 2013, 04:33 AM   #638
The Wormhole
Admiral

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post

I will when I get bored.
Old February 26 2013, 04:48 AM   #639
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post

I will when I get bored.
Old February 26 2013, 05:33 AM   #640
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Willow makes everything better.

What episode is that from? Hannigan looks older than she does now.
Old February 26 2013, 05:37 AM   #641
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

No idea, I've never watch Buffy.
Old February 26 2013, 06:11 AM   #642
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain

Now all the man needs to do is to make 2061: Odyssey Three and he'll be the King of Sci-Fi!
Old February 26 2013, 06:24 AM   #643
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral

View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile

Kruezerman wrote: View Post
Now all the man needs to do is to make 2061: Odyssey Three and he'll be the King of Sci-Fi!
Oh no, what a terrible book, I hope no one ever tries to film it!

What he'd have to do in order to become the King of sci-fi (although, let's face it, he already is), would be to reboot The X-Files.
Old February 26 2013, 02:55 PM   #644
The Wormhole
Admiral

Reboot The X-Files? Mulder and Scully are in their early twenties, Mulder an awkward nerd who never gets to hang with the FBI's cool gang, Scully a smoking hot babe who is forced to work an assignment with Mulder by that buzzkill authority figure Skinner. The story takes a twist by the arrival of Mulder Prime, played by David Duchovny.
Old February 26 2013, 04:27 PM   #645
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Reboot The X-Files? Mulder and Scully are in their early twenties, Mulder an awkward nerd who never gets to hang with the FBI's cool gang, Scully a smoking hot babe who is forced to work an assignment with Mulder by that buzzkill authority figure Skinner. The story takes a twist by the arrival of Mulder Prime, played by David Duchovny.
Can't be any worse than the show my wife forced me to watch in the 90's.