Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 25 2013, 03:41 PM   #1216
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Highlighting the silence of the new empty world?
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2013, 03:45 PM   #1217
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
Ah, the normalizing of Merle has begun.
Yep, having him quote the bible to Herschel was the start this week.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2013, 03:54 PM   #1218
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I don't know that the show is trying to redeem Merle. Even the devil can quote scripture. Is that how the old saying goes?

I am tired of the Governor. Andrea does not annoy me or make me like her. She is just there. She is a very expendable character in my book.

I am glad that Michone finally spoke up and said something of substance this week. The stoic warrior chick routine was getting old. Hopefully her going with Rick and Carl next week will give us even more glimpses.

I love Daryl and Carol. I enjoyed their few minutes of screen time more than anything else.

I liked that Tyrese and his sister/daughter? showed back up. The father/son combo are red shirt material.
Old February 25 2013, 04:56 PM   #1219
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

You put Rick in the likable group?
Oh good heavens, yes. Rick suffers so much from having tried to be a decent human being through it all. His worthless wife turns on him when he kills Shane (who was perfectly content to kill him) and doesn't get her shit together until the very end...and he still mourns her? God, Lori deserved to have her ass kicked six ways from Sunday after the shit she pulled. Rick doesn't even know if Judith is his and it doesn't matter to him because the baby was Lori's and she's Carl's little sister. Rick recognizes Daryl's worth. Rick cares when people die because they matter to him. Yes, Rick is immensely likable.

A great deal of that is the way Lincoln plays the character. He's an excellent choice. The man does angst like a champion.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2013, 05:05 PM   #1220
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

re:Rick I think his strength has been (until recently) his just always being in the moment. He may not always make the best decision but he's always ready and willing to make a decision in a world that requires that. The problem with any potential replacements is they have a better chance of being momentarily distracted with something from time to time.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2013, 05:17 PM   #1221
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
A great deal of that is the way Lincoln plays the character. He's an excellent choice. The man does angst like a champion.

After watching the film Lincoln and after watching the Oscars last night with Daniel Day Lewis winning his 3rd unpreededent best actor award and Andrew Lincoln's performance in The Walking Dead - the Brits sure do produce some great performers.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2013, 05:20 PM   #1222
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
especially since the madman was already throwing suggestive glances at Tyreese's sister.

On that note, it is clear what will make Tyreese jump ship at Woodbury.
Oho! Did not notice that.

No one has commented on why the Governor was holding a match up to his eye. Even the guys on Talking Dead seemed confused about that. I got the impression that was the first time he'd had the bandages off and was testing whether he had any vision left in that eye... and the answer was no. His body language sure read that way. Any opinions?
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2013, 05:28 PM   #1223
Rhaven
Captain

sojourner wrote: View Post
Ah, the normalizing of Merle has begun.
IDK, Merle is bidding his time. I don't trust him and I don't think the group does either. I think the Gov sent Merle in there to be a mole and cause problems for Rick's group.
Old February 25 2013, 05:37 PM   #1224
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I don't know if the governor sent him or not, (would be a worthwhile twist) but I definitely don't trust him. Just because he knows some scripture doesn't mean he can be trusted. I still say he could go off if for no other reason than plain old jealousy that Daryl looks up to Rick and not to him anymore.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2013, 05:58 PM   #1225
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

No, I don't think the Governor sent him; Merle told him he killed Michonne, per his orders, but instead, she came back, killed his zombie daughter and took out his eye. The Gov is not the forgiving sort. He wanted Merle to pay by killing his own brother, which Merle also refused to do.

Merle is definitely on his shit list.

But Merle, for all his evilness, isn't a complete idiot. He's following his brother, for now and sizing things up. But I imagine he'll turn on the others, eventually--the only question is to what degree.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2013, 06:25 PM   #1226
Pavonis
Commodore

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
No one has commented on why the Governor was holding a match up to his eye. Even the guys on Talking Dead seemed confused about that. I got the impression that was the first time he'd had the bandages off and was testing whether he had any vision left in that eye... and the answer was no. His body language sure read that way. Any opinions?
My first thought was that he needed more light to see the wound. He was close up to the mirror, but the light was behind him, meaning he was blocking the light to see the wound by. So he lights a match to get a good look at it. He does get to test the vision in the eye that way, too.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2013, 06:56 PM   #1227
Urgent Sky
Commodore

Pavonis wrote: View Post
Silvercrest wrote: View Post
My first thought was that he needed more light to see the wound. He was close up to the mirror, but the light was behind him, meaning he was blocking the light to see the wound by. So he lights a match to get a good look at it. He does get to test the vision in the eye that way, too.

I just remember thinking "if he starts digging around in there, I'm changing the channel." I've been okay with every gory thing they've showed us so far, but I could not handle that.
Urgent Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2013, 07:01 PM   #1228
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

approximately one hundred pages of plaintiff's medical records from St. Raphels Hospital including prior medical records documenting other injuries
If you know the comics you know who killed the governor. However my money is on an unexpected character like Tyreese to kill him. Or maybe even Milton.
Old February 25 2013, 10:26 PM   #1229
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Alpha Romeo wrote: View Post
approximately one hundred pages of plaintiff's medical records from St. Raphels Hospital including prior medical records documenting other injuries
If you know the comics you know who killed the governor. However my money is on an unexpected character like Tyreese to kill him. Or maybe even Milton.
I hope it is not Milton; the mousy person growing a pair at the right moment is overused in fiction. At best, I see him sacrificing himself trying to turn on the governor.
Old February 25 2013, 10:37 PM   #1230
Pavonis
Commodore

I don't see Milton betraying the Governor ever. Nor do I see him sacrificing himself, either to save or harm the Governor. Milton is just interested in staying alive, and he knows which side his bread is buttered on.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote