RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,152
Posts: 5,343,888
Members: 24,597
Currently online: 697
Newest member: novacharter

TrekToday headlines

New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Giacchino Tour Arrives In North America
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

IDW Publishing October Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Cho As Romantic Lead
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

 
 
Thread Tools
Old February 15 2013, 12:26 PM   #751
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

ONE episode of Charlie Jade left and then I should have my Stargate Season 10.

I have left poor Vala on the enemies ship, pregnant and abducted!!!



I've been a bit worried about her.
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline  
Old February 15 2013, 02:02 PM   #752
Sindatur
Rear Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

teacake wrote: View Post
ONE episode of Charlie Jade left and then I should have my Stargate Season 10.

I have left poor Vala on the enemies ship, pregnant and abducted!!!



I've been a bit worried about her.
IM me your email address, and I'll send you a PDF of Charlie Jade's plans for S2 that they never had a chance to make.

Vala will be happy to see you again
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline  
Old February 24 2013, 10:39 AM   #753
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

VALA VALA I'M COMING FOR YOU TONIGHT!!!!
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline  
Old February 24 2013, 11:39 AM   #754
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

Flesh and Blood: Oh poor Vala.. so many awful things. They take away the baby and bring back Little Miss Possessed. This was a very exciting episode and I am super happy to be back in 90's Science Fiction. Yes I know this was done in 2006 but it still feels like the old stuff to me! 19 more episodes and 2 movies, YAY!! The good old days of quantity.

__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne

Last edited by teacake; February 24 2013 at 12:08 PM.
teacake is offline  
Old February 24 2013, 12:57 PM   #755
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

Morpheus: Well now this really was like old times. I really liked Dr. Reimer.. he's not the sort I usually like but there was something very appealing about him. I was watching him thinking I hoped we got to see more of him, he was oddly cute. So of course he died

This was a bit lumpy, too quick conclusion to the planet story, token progress on the Ori front and Vala in a predictable comedy. I enjoyed it anyway

__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline  
Old February 24 2013, 03:33 PM   #756
The Wormhole
Admiral
 
The Wormhole's Avatar
 
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

teacake wrote: View Post
This was a very exciting episode and I am super happy to be back in 90's Science Fiction. Yes I know this was done in 2006 but it still feels like the old stuff to me! 19 more episodes and 2 movies, YAY!! The good old days of quantity.
As enjoyable as Flesh and Blood was, I find much of season 10 has a worn out and "going through the motions" feel to it.
__________________
"Internet message boards aren't as funny today as they were ten years ago. I've stopped reading new posts." -The Simpsons 20th anniversary special.
The Wormhole is offline  
Old February 24 2013, 06:51 PM   #757
gturner
Admiral
 
Location: Kentucky
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

Finally! Game on. Set course. Engage. Chevron seven - LOCKED.
gturner is offline  
Old February 24 2013, 09:44 PM   #758
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
This was a very exciting episode and I am super happy to be back in 90's Science Fiction. Yes I know this was done in 2006 but it still feels like the old stuff to me! 19 more episodes and 2 movies, YAY!! The good old days of quantity.
As enjoyable as Flesh and Blood was, I find much of season 10 has a worn out and "going through the motions" feel to it.
ONE more season in the Stargate Universe left to me and I'm going to enjoy it goddammit!
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline  
Old February 25 2013, 04:26 AM   #759
The Wormhole
Admiral
 
The Wormhole's Avatar
 
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

I won't argue with that. And season 10 is certainly worth watching. I just don't consider it my favourite of the series. *Shrug*
__________________
"Internet message boards aren't as funny today as they were ten years ago. I've stopped reading new posts." -The Simpsons 20th anniversary special.

Last edited by The Wormhole; February 25 2013 at 04:45 AM.
The Wormhole is offline  
Old February 25 2013, 04:43 AM   #760
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Space Massachusetts
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

teacake wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
This was a very exciting episode and I am super happy to be back in 90's Science Fiction. Yes I know this was done in 2006 but it still feels like the old stuff to me! 19 more episodes and 2 movies, YAY!! The good old days of quantity.
As enjoyable as Flesh and Blood was, I find much of season 10 has a worn out and "going through the motions" feel to it.
ONE more season in the Stargate Universe left to me and I'm going to enjoy it goddammit!

You will be the only one...

*Zing!*
__________________
The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.
bigdaddy is offline  
Old February 25 2013, 06:18 AM   #761
gturner
Admiral
 
Location: Kentucky
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

I think I liked season 10 more than season 9, and probably more than major sections of season 8.
gturner is offline  
Old February 25 2013, 10:51 AM   #762
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

The Pegasus Project: Ah the beautiful Atlantis.. how I love that city. Nice job with the stargate jumper cables deal!

I am hanging out for Vala and Daniel to get it on. CHEMISTRY BABY. They got it. Don't tell me please. I want to spend the rest of the season in hope.

__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline  
Old February 25 2013, 12:08 PM   #763
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

Insiders: I couldn't stop thinking about the MLP episode Too Many Pinkie Pies when I watched this. Get those Baal's out of the dull grey jumpsuits, if we are going to have this many let's get that Goa'uld style back!!

Poor Agent Barrett, ever the dumbass in a suit who's rule sticking clags up the works. And now he's still all that but he's also a brainwashed agent of the enemy. I wonder if we'll see him again.

Vala was visibly pining for Daniel in this one. Visibly.

__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline  
Old February 25 2013, 03:15 PM   #764
The Wormhole
Admiral
 
The Wormhole's Avatar
 
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

teacake wrote: View Post
Poor Agent Barrett, ever the dumbass in a suit who's rule sticking clags up the works. And now he's still all that but he's also a brainwashed agent of the enemy. I wonder if we'll see him again.
I know you're generally against spoilers, but you've already watched Atlantis, so you already know the answer to that.

But a hint: season 10 SG-1 corresponds with season 3 Atlantis, meaning seasons 4 and 5 Atlantis are post-SG-1.
__________________
"Internet message boards aren't as funny today as they were ten years ago. I've stopped reading new posts." -The Simpsons 20th anniversary special.
The Wormhole is offline  
Old February 25 2013, 10:11 PM   #765
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Space Massachusetts
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

gturner wrote: View Post
I think I liked season 10 more than season 9, and probably more than major sections of season 8.
I think after season 6 the show should have been only 13 episodes long because that's all they can really seem to get with decent stories, and the rest was filler. However by season 10 I was really sick of the Ori, so I have to say season 10 is probably better than a lot of season 7 and 8, but season 9 started and ended really well.

Besides the fact I think it's silly we had one small ship in season 6 and 3-4 years later we have a fleet of massive ships.
__________________
The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.
bigdaddy is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.