Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old February 23 2013, 02:12 AM   #1831
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: PICTURE POST II!

Old February 23 2013, 08:56 AM   #1832
Data Holmes
Admiral

J. Allen wrote: View Post
I used to love creme eggs, and then they changed the formula/got smaller/got "cheaper", and I lost the desire to eat them. I had one a few years back and it tasted horrid.
It's the chocolate that changed the taste, it happened to most big brands. I haven't been able to figure out what the hell the companies are doing, but it's why I tend to stick with the more expensive and organic smaller name chocolate bars...

That being said, I love the Creme eggs even with the change. I always wished they would bring back the larger egg size, as a special product. Sell it in an egg carton by the dozen labeled "grade A jumbo creme eggs". I also always wanted them to, along a similar theme, do an eighteen egg carton, three rows of six, with six creme, six caramel, and six mint eggs. Oh, both of those ideas would involve dark chocolate as well as milk.
Old February 23 2013, 05:46 PM   #1833
RoJoHen
Awesome

^Yes, my biggest gripe with Cadbury eggs is that you can't buy them in larger packages. I would gladly buy a carton of 18 eggs if it was available.

Anywho, this is the Cadbury egg latte from the cafe's facebook page.

The "R" is for my name.

Old February 24 2013, 03:10 AM   #1834
Finngle Bells
Vice Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
^Yes, my biggest gripe with Cadbury eggs is that you can't buy them in larger packages. I would gladly buy a carton of 18 eggs if it was available.
Someone I used to know was able to. More accurately, she had ordered a box, filled with several cartons in it (there were dozens and dozens of eggs...).
Finngle Bells is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2013, 03:52 AM   #1835
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus

Data Holmes wrote: View Post
I used to love creme eggs, and then they changed the formula/got smaller/got "cheaper", and I lost the desire to eat them. I had one a few years back and it tasted horrid.
It's the chocolate that changed the taste, it happened to most big brands. I haven't been able to figure out what the hell the companies are doing, but it's why I tend to stick with the more expensive and organic smaller name chocolate bars...
I think they're decreasing the amount of butter and cream and replacing it with vegetable oil, which is cheaper.

That being said, I love the Creme eggs even with the change. I always wished they would bring back the larger egg size, as a special product. Sell it in an egg carton by the dozen labeled "grade A jumbo creme eggs". I also always wanted them to, along a similar theme, do an eighteen egg carton, three rows of six, with six creme, six caramel, and six mint eggs. Oh, both of those ideas would involve dark chocolate as well as milk.
I guess Cadbury chocolate has lost it's luster with me. Now, if I eat chocolate, I like it to be very dark, and I prefer buying Lindt dark chocolate, as it's not too expensive, and tastes pretty good.

I particularly like the Chili dark chocolate variety:

❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2013, 04:18 AM   #1836
Santa Horrible
Tom Hendricks

View Santa Horrible's Twitter Profile

I prefer the mini eggs, with their hard shell and milk chocolate insides.

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Santa Horrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2013, 05:12 AM   #1837
Rķu rķu, chķu
Fleet Admiral

View Rķu rķu, chķu's Twitter Profile

Chili-flavored chocolate?
Old February 24 2013, 05:14 AM   #1838
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post

Are you kidding? It's delicious! Dark chocolate with a kick of chili pepper, it just melts in your mouth and tingles your tongue, it's so good!

Old February 24 2013, 05:16 AM   #1839
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

A local winery makes a wine out of Hatch Green Chillie
No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2013, 07:11 AM   #1840
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Are you kidding? It's delicious! Dark chocolate with a kick of chili pepper, it just melts in your mouth and tingles your tongue, it's so good!
People forget chilies are a fruit. Try them with most things you'd eat with other fruit: pancakes, ice cream, etc. I even put chilies on my Wheaties once for shits. Wasn't half bad.

Sephiroth wrote: View Post
A local X makes a Y out of Hatch Green Chillie
FTFY
Old February 24 2013, 07:18 AM   #1841
Santa Claus
Believe

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
People forget chilies are a fruit.
Chilies are a fru-? Er, yes! Of course they are! How silly that people don't know that. Other people.

Try them with most things you'd eat with other fruit: pancakes, ice cream, etc. I even put chilies on my Wheaties once for shits. Wasn't half bad.
I might have to try the Chiwheaties thing. I like the chili taste in lots of things, so I'm sure it will be pretty good.

(For the record, I was going to say "Whillies" instead of "Chiwheaties", but then I thought saying out loud that I wanted to try some spicy whillies might send the wrong message.)

Old February 24 2013, 07:26 AM   #1842
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Once you get the skin off, and dilute the capsaicin some, the "meat" of a pepper is actually pretty sweet.

Bell peppers aren't so much because they're usually more mature and people never take the skin off. Plus their size somewhat dulls the sweetness. But pick one at the right time and roast it up, and it will taste pretty sweet.
Old February 24 2013, 08:02 AM   #1843
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Not everyone's from round here, Clegg, most of this country, I sadly report, does not know the joys of roasting chilies, eating pinyons or putting fresh honey on a warm sopapilla.
No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2013, 08:19 AM   #1844
CorporalClegg
Admiral

If the mayor ever wanted to attract new residents, all he'd have to do is kidnap people from around the country and stand them outside anywhere in town on any Saturday afternoon in September. They'd never leave.
Old February 24 2013, 08:24 AM   #1845
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

This is EXCELLENT chocolate. If you like chillies you really should try it. It's great, great stuff. Nice quality chocolate with a great chillie kick that really takes off as you just finish the square.

Chocolate is used as a savoury ingredient in some mexican dishes that contain chillie.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote