RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,676
Members: 24,823
Currently online: 600
Newest member: voyagerman49

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old February 21 2013, 08:22 PM   #46
Jimi_James
Lieutenant Commander

View Jimi_James's Twitter Profile
Re: Intrepid Class Bridge (Sketchup)...

It looks really good. Just from the renders, I wouldn't have guessed right away that you were doing this in SU. Just out of curiosity, what render program are you using?

My YouTube Gaming Channel
Jimi_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2013, 12:38 AM   #47
lewisniven
Lieutenant Commander

thanks very much . I'm using the V-Ray plugin, its unbelievably powerful.
Old February 24 2013, 12:01 AM   #48
me999
Ensign

Very impressive work. Nice to see real curved surfaces and such attention to detail.
me999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2013, 12:17 AM   #49
Jimi_James
Lieutenant Commander

View Jimi_James's Twitter Profile

lewisniven wrote: View Post
thanks very much . I'm using the V-Ray plugin, its unbelievably powerful.
I suspected it might be V-ray. SU and V-ray produce some great results.

My YouTube Gaming Channel
Jimi_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2013, 10:43 PM   #50
lewisniven
Lieutenant Commander

After a good few months away from this, we're back on track. I've just built a new PC so it's much easier to work on this now, it was getting too much for my old rig and renders were taking ages.

So anyway the corridor next to harry's console is finished, and I've started the whole ceiling again, this one is far more accurate, here's how we're looking so far...

I've also pulled the view screen out, that'll need doing again as it was too narrow before.

Lewis.
Old July 2 2013, 06:16 PM   #51
lennier1
Commodore

Which colors are you aiming for? The bridge looks quite different before and after the color adjustment (compare set snapshots to some episode screencaps).
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2013, 11:11 PM   #52
lewisniven
Lieutenant Commander

I'm going for as close to screen accurate as I can, as technically that's how they 'should' look.
Old July 4 2013, 12:44 AM   #53
lewisniven
Lieutenant Commander

I've started adding the upper 'ring lights' as I'm calling them, the blue ones here anyway. I've also found a more natural way of creating the light, as opposed to just making the material emissive. The light now essentially sits behind a diffusing filter which while subtle, looks much better and more realistic imo...

Old July 15 2013, 08:57 PM   #54
lewisniven
Lieutenant Commander

Ok, got a fair bit done on this today, done loads of re-work. Doors have all become 6" narrower, making them 3ft wide now which seems far more accurate. Also re done the turbolift area next to Tuvok's console. The console between the chairs has gone in, and I've also done afair bit more to Tom's console too, but thats far from finished yet.

Old August 7 2013, 04:48 PM   #55
lewisniven
Lieutenant Commander

After a busy few weeks I've returned to this, Finished off the lights round the top edges and done some more ceiling work. I've also uploaded the model in it's present state to 3DWarehouse, feel free to check it out;

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...cbe1355b2fe05a