Is the Playstation 4 About to be announced??

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AlphaMan, Feb 1, 2013.

1. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well a 360 will play most Xbox games(true you might need an update), so the 360 could easily replace the Xbox.

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Exactly, having two systems is better sometimes, you can hook them up to different TVs and have guests / kids play the older system when you play the new.

And if the system breaks someone will release a ripoff that can play the discs, like there is for the NES/SNES.

3. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

I am worried that for the next generation of consoles that a person may have to purchase not only the console, but the other products from Sony and Microsoft to get the full experience. PS4=Vita (or whatever it's called). And, I hear that the 720 will have Kinect. I hope for Microsoft that they have worked out the bugs with that motion control abomination; though in light of the company's history, I seriously doubt it.

4. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually, I think the primary reason they're doing it is because they switched architectures as much as they do want to charge again for those games.

I don't even know if they will charge for games I bought digitally. I did pay $5 to play Joust, Crash Bandicoot and Pac Man CE DX and the nostalgia was nice, but if they think I'm going to cough up more so soon to play them again on PS4, I think they will be very disappointed. I'll just keep my PS3.

Oh.... And like clockwork, Microsoft starts to make moves!! They want to limit mindshare of the PS4!

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/02/22/xbox-event-website-registered

5. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hah, that's nothing. That's my reduced setup that I went with to not overwhelm my apartment.

But yeah, I'm not saying that Sony should prioritize hardcore gamers like me. However, it's the core gamers like me who are complaining about the lack of backwards compatibility. The people posting on gaming forums and bitching about the lack of BC tend to have a little bit more than two consoles and a dozen games. Again, perfectly understandable why Sony is ditching BC, but I was replying to the guy who couldn't understand why gamers have a problem with it.

6. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For now. They are well within their rights (its in the fine print) to discontinue said download/update and force users to pay for the digital version of any old game in the future and there's nothing the consumer can do about it.

7. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's not backwards compatibility, then.

8. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's bend-over and take it up the backside compatibility. :cool:

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Sounds like an afternoon of fun to me, what's everyone bitching about?

10. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Some news:

http://www.t3.com/news/ps4-will-launch-november-22nd-hints-ubisoft

So PS4 before the end of the year?!?

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ I definitely hope we get it in Europe at the same time as Japan and the US. It'll be a day one purchase for me. :D

12. Rincewiend

For me it might depend on the launch titles...
    I'm just glad after buying and hardly ever playing the Wii i decided to only have 2 gaming systems, my PC and the Playstaion...
    Though i will have a PS3 and PS4 side-byside for a while because the PS4 won't be backwards compatible and there will still be some good PS3 games coming out in the next 12 to 18 months...

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah I also plan to keep my PS3. Even if I stop gaming on it, I'll still use it as a Blu-ray player.

14. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess that I'll spend about $700 on PS4 launch day. The console is rumored to have 2 skus, $429 and $529. I'll have to have another controller and at least 2 launch titles. Hopefully, 1 of them will be inFAMOUS: Second Son.

15. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

The problem is can Sony and Microsoft produce enough consoles to meet demand in Australia, Europe, Japan and N. America and Canda as well as any other markets they want to lauch in.

16. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

No they can't and they never will because they can't up production to insane launch level and 6 months later cut down a third or more of their production capacity just so they don't have supply problems for a month or so.

It doesn't make business sense and i also believe it will be a stepped release meaning parts of the world will have it at different times, i.e. Japan may go first, followed by the US and then Europe.

17. Rincewiend

Hm, i heard rumours it would be cheaper at launch than the PS3, mostly because of cheaper development and parts costs...
    If Assasin's Creed IV, Infamous and Watch Dogs are launch titles i will pretty much get the system and games ASAp :D

18. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

It has to be, the PS3's failure happened partly because of the ridiculous price at launch.

19. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

The PS3 isn't a failure. It's better selling than the Xbox outside of the US.

20. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

I should have said relative failure compared to the PS and PS2, there's no way anyone can look at the PS3 and call it a success considering the brand went from dominating the previous two generations to "also ran".