Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old February 21 2013, 05:31 AM   #301
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Re: Officially no series 8 in 2013

^^ Well, everyone's going on about being able to be surprised.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 06:26 AM   #302
Lonemagpie
Writer

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
New Moffat interview

Claims the "One 60 minute anniversary is nonsense"
As I said, I heard there was to be a live episode as well. That was a while back now, so dunno if it's still the plan.

Of course, he may mean either that there'll be more anniversary stuff in 2014 - sincenov 23rd is actually the *start* of the anniversary - or that the special will be 61 minutes long...

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 06:35 PM   #303
davejames
Vice Admiral

diankra wrote: View Post
OK. If it is nonsense, then some heads ought to roll at BBC publicity, as if they've done a great job of convincing us all that that's all we're getting!
Was anything really officially announced? I thought all our info was just coming off of a placard at a toy fair or something.

In any event, I thought it was a pretty cool interview with Moffat. And to be honest... but I kinda have to agree with him about the Ice Warriors.

They've got a really badass name, and their concept is a good one, but I always thought their design and execution left a LOT to be desired. Even by old-school DW standards.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 07:01 PM   #304
ATimson
Rear Admiral

davejames wrote: View Post
OK. If it is nonsense, then some heads ought to roll at BBC publicity, as if they've done a great job of convincing us all that that's all we're getting!
Was anything really officially announced? I thought all our info was just coming off of a placard at a toy fair or something.
A placard from BBC Worldwide. If they don't know what's going on, there are bigger problems at hand in the BBC...

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 08:27 PM   #305
diankra
Commodore

That's sort of my point: if there is more, then they presumably have a Clever Plan for Timetabled Announcements.
But in the meantime, other info is being put together and disappointment is building.
If there is more, they're sticking to their plan, and ignoring the thing that always messes up plans: "Events, dear boy, events." Or "Life is what happens while you're making plans."
diankra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 08:27 PM   #306
Konata Izumi
Commander

There's going to be the docudrama and the christmas episode too.
Konata Izumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 08:30 PM   #307
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Konata Izumi wrote: View Post
There's going to be the the docudrama and the christmas episode too.
That's true. However, the docudrama was listed on the Toy Fair placard, and the Christmas episode airs after the Christmas shopping season ends and so would be of no interest to retailers when they make their buying decisions.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 10:33 PM   #308
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

That's sort of my point: if there is more, then they presumably have a Clever Plan for Timetabled Announcements.
But in the meantime, other info is being put together and disappointment is building.
If there is more, they're sticking to their plan, and ignoring the thing that always messes up plans: "Events, dear boy, events." Or "Life is what happens while you're making plans."
Hmm. If there is more as a surprise, I think it'll be worked into the regular schedule. Maybe a two-parter with the Christmas special and/or a continuation into Season 8. As opposed to adding more specials into the time between seasons 7 & 8.

Yeah, I think it's better to build up the excitement and give an idea of what to expect (like Big Finish) than to say nothing. People start to assume the worst!

Mr Awe.
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2013, 10:09 AM   #309
Starkers
Admiral

In any event, I thought it was a pretty cool interview with Moffat. And to be honest... but I kinda have to agree with him about the Ice Warriors.

They've got a really badass name, and their concept is a good one, but I always thought their design and execution left a LOT to be desired. Even by old-school DW standards.
I agree and disagree in equal measure when it comes to the Ice Warriors. Having just watched the Seeds of Death I'd agree that the soldier IWs definitely need a makeover. Slaar, the Ice Lord, on the other hand, I thought that was a great look which wouldn't need much in the way of updating.

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2013, 01:27 PM   #310
Atticus
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via AIM to Atticus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Atticus Send a message via Yahoo to Atticus

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
As I said, I heard there was to be a live episode as well. That was a while back now, so dunno if it's still the plan.
Where did you hear that?
Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2013, 07:01 PM   #311
StCoop
Commodore

So just seen an interview with JLC where she confirms that Matt Smith will be away in America for three months shooting his film, so it'll be August before they make the Christmas Special and at least September before they start shooting any of Series 8. (And that's assuming they don't need any more breaks to let Moffat finish his scripts.)
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2013, 07:05 PM   #312
ATimson
Rear Admiral

StCoop wrote: View Post
So just seen an interview with JLC where she confirms that Matt Smith will be away in America for three months shooting his film, so it'll be August before they make the Christmas Special and at least September before they start shooting any of Series 8. (And that's assuming they don't need any more breaks to let Moffat finish his scripts.)
So... fall 2014, it looks like. Or another spring/fall split.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2013, 08:07 PM   #313
StCoop
Commodore

ATimson wrote: View Post
So... fall 2014, it looks like. Or another spring/fall split.
I would hope the latter.

The sad thing is they'll have only shot ONE episode in EIGHT months, during what was originally claimed was going to be the longest period of continuous production since the series came back.

There'll be a really good book in this one day, many years from now.
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2013, 08:25 PM   #314
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Even if Matt Smith did want to leave, there's no way they could film any specials for him.

It would have to be after Fall 2014 once series 8 is over. It could be the 2014 Christmas special.
Old February 22 2013, 10:53 PM   #315
Lonemagpie
Writer

Atticus wrote: View Post
Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Where did you hear that?
I forget, it was months ago, last summer

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote