Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 25 2012, 03:34 AM   #91
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Re: New live action "Turtles"?

Set Harth wrote: View Post
Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
We all know what happened when Lucas wanted to add the Midichlorians as an explanation for the Force.
Yeah, people started saying things like "Lucas wanted to add the midichlorians as an explanation for the Force", and then made them a scapegoat for Jar Jar Binks. The explanation for the Force happened in 1977.

Say what? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. We didn't get an in-depth explanation for how the force worked until the prequels when the midichlorians were introduced, which in my opinion demystified the force. If you mean that all you needed to know about it was what was said in 1977, then I agree with you. Looking it up however, I see that while the concept was created in 1977, it didn't appear in the movies until TPM, which is where most will be familiar with it. Anyhow, this is a Turtles thread and I only meant it to be something to compare with.

Last edited by Owain Taggart; March 25 2012 at 03:49 AM.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2012, 01:50 AM   #92
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

Midichlorians don't explain the Force. They explain Force sensitivity, or why some people are Jedi material and some aren't. If they demystify the issue of Force sensitivity, that's fine with me. I'd rather have Force sensitivity explained in this way, as opposed to some people having it "just because". And we already knew from ROTJ that Force sensitivity can be passed down hereditarily in a bloodline, so midichlorians just provide specifics on how this happens.
Old March 28 2012, 03:58 AM   #93
FordSVT
Vice Admiral

Paramount dropping "Teenage" and "Mutant" from title.

Honestly, why are they even bothering? Why buy an IP to exploit and then piss off their audience? What's the creative need for this decision? There isn't one.
Old March 28 2012, 04:32 AM   #94
Yoda
Rear Admiral

And the Conquistadors probably could've gotten rich engaging in fair trade with the natives. Turns out raping and pillaging for the fuck of it is just really fun for some people. Michael Bay and Paramount, you dirty ethnic cleansing heartless motherfuckers.
Old March 28 2012, 06:24 AM   #95
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Set Harth wrote: View Post
Midichlorians don't explain the Force. They explain Force sensitivity, or why some people are Jedi material and some aren't. If they demystify the issue of Force sensitivity, that's fine with me. I'd rather have Force sensitivity explained in this way, as opposed to some people having it "just because". And we already knew from ROTJ that Force sensitivity can be passed down hereditarily in a bloodline, so midichlorians just provide specifics on how this happens.

Oh ok. I can live with that. I just wish you had been clearer about it the first time around But that's a discussion for another time. I just feel that in general, we don't always need everything explained to us.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2012, 06:53 AM   #96
Aldo
Admiral

FordSVT wrote: View Post

Honestly, why are they even bothering? Why buy an IP to exploit and then piss off their audience? What's the creative need for this decision? There isn't one.
Come on, this is a put on right? April 1st isn't that far away, perhaps then they'll come out and say the whole thing was an elaborate April fools day prank...

...please?
Old March 28 2012, 05:14 PM   #97
Silent_Bob
Fleet Captain

FordSVT wrote: View Post

Surely this has to be an elaborate practical joke? Is this research to see just how many times you can change an IP yet claim nothing will be different before someone attempts a lynching?

On the plus side i think its fairly accurate to say now that this film has nothing to do with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and should be ignored as irrelevant. It's just unfortunate that this nonsense will delay a future adaptation that actually stays true to its source material.
Old March 28 2012, 07:01 PM   #98
Aldo
Admiral

Next thing we know they'll be telling us they're no longer going to be Turtles either. You know, capitalizing on the fact that Doctor Who is big among the geek crowd. Then they'll call it "Alien Ninjas."
Old June 9 2012, 03:47 AM   #99
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Principal photography to begin later this year in Vancouver.

Link
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2013, 04:50 AM   #100
Agent Richard07
Admiral

This was posted on Michael Bay's site...

TMNT: we are bringing Megan Fox back into the family!

Michael Bay
Link

And now news is spreading that Fox has been cast as April O'Neil.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2013, 04:53 AM   #101
TayLaLaLa
Fleet Captain

Oh HELL NO! Ugh.
TayLaLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2013, 07:40 AM   #102
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Megan Fox + Bay makes this even more trainwrecky.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2013, 02:33 PM   #103
The Wormhole
Admiral

Oh wow. The ensuing behind the scenes drama is going to be entertaining enough.
Old February 23 2013, 05:48 PM   #104
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Maybe Megan Fox is going to play the revised April. The lab tech assistant in the new relaunch. Maybe she'll even dye her hair.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23 2013, 06:13 PM   #105
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Oh wow. The ensuing behind the scenes drama is going to be entertaining enough.
She'll know not to say something stupid this time.

Fox was an annoyance on the transformers sets.

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Megan-Fox-axed-from-Transformers-3-because-of-Hitler-comment-/8202237

Ehren Kruger (screenwriter, Transformers series): She was there for rehearsals. But she seemed like an actress who didn't want to be a part of it. She was saying she wanted to, but she wasn't acting like it.
Michael Bay: She was in a different world, on her BlackBerry. You gotta stay focused. And you know, the Hitler thing. Steven [Spielberg] said, "Fire her right now."
Rosie Huntington Whitley was less maintenance

Victoria's Secret model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was cast in Fox's place as the new female lead in the third "Transformers" film.
Ian Bryce, a producer on the "Transformers" series, tells the magazine that Whiteley "has done an enormously wonderful job for being a newcomer."
Bay added, "Rosie came in and she would say hello to the crew. She would acknowledge the crew. She'd say thank you."
Whiteley tells the magazine, "I was really grateful to everybody, from the people on the catering department to the camera boys to the producers to Shia."