Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 19 2013, 05:37 PM   #31
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Re: Lost Girl Season 3

Thanks! I caught the beginning of the discussion about the Dawning, but the recording ended just as Trick was explaining about the creatures in the basement. I was wondering if I missed something important.
Old February 20 2013, 02:45 AM   #32
JD
Admiral

Really enjoyed the episode. We got some nice development for Tamsin and they tied up the Kenzi storyline in a way that I liked. The only thing that bugged me was the fact that Bo never mentioned the fact that Kenzi ate something she was allergic to in the last episode and didn't have any kind of a reaction. That's a pretty major thing not to mention when trying to convince people someone isn't who they say they are. I liked seeing Bo and Tamsin start to bond. The fact that she lied to The Morrigan for someone unaligned (who mostly associates with The Light) seems like it would be pretty big deal. The season description on Wikipeidia seems to imply that the Dawning will force Bo to finally pick light or dark.
Season 3 wrote:
For Bo, Season Three is all about discovery. The victory in the final battle of Season Two has created new alliances but also reinvigorated old enemies - enemies like The Morrigan, whom Bo crossed in an attempt to bring peace to the Faedom. This year our favourite Succubus, who until now has famously refused to pick a side, will be forced to make a deadly decision - or risk a fate worse than death. Season Three also sees Bo make a romantic choice as she attempts to commit to one relationship but finds the road to commitment riddled with obstacles. Can a Succubus ever be monogamous? Throughout the season, unexpected jeopardy stalks Bo and those she cares about. Though Bo battles many foes, her greatest enemy will prove to be the one that resides within herself. Bo will have to come to terms with her own identity, and take on an ancient, almost unwinnable challenge if she hopes to finally learn the terrifying truth about who (or what) she might be destined to become.
Old February 20 2013, 03:16 AM   #33
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

So after a couple hundred years every fae if they make it that long goes through PUBERTY 2... Which is something Lauren, a fae Doctor, has only every heard of in hushed whispered secret tones.

Imagine your confidence if you're taking your clothes off for a medical examination, and your doctor asks you if you can explain to them what puberty is?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; February 20 2013 at 03:46 PM.
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2013, 10:44 AM   #34
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Well, I'm glad to see Tamsin being corrupted by the Light Side. That's definitely in keeping with the atmosphere of the show. And hopefully it will make her less irritating.

Overall, the last two episodes have been very awkward, though. I don't buy that Dyson and Trick would dismiss Bo's accusations out of hand without giving her the benefit of the doubt; and I also don't buy that neither one would notice that Kenzie was behaving very oddly (especially since Trick seemed to be noticing last week). And I don't buy that Bo wouldn't mention either the peanut allergy or the ice cream. The scripts needed a couple of rewrites.

On the plus side, we got a better look at Kenzie than we usually do. She doesn't usually participate in the semi-nude scenes. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
Old February 20 2013, 07:14 PM   #35
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
So after a couple hundred years every fae if they make it that long goes through PUBERTY 2... Which is something Lauren, a fae Doctor, has only every heard of in hushed whispered secret tones.

Imagine your confidence if you're taking your clothes off for a medical examination, and your doctor asks you if you can explain to them what puberty is?

I can't help you. I'm only watching this for the rampant lesbianism among the hotties. I'm not looking for logic...

-Elsa on what she learned from Anna
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 01:46 AM   #36
Snaploud
Admiral

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Overall, the last two episodes have been very awkward, though. I don't buy that Dyson and Trick would dismiss Bo's accusations out of hand without giving her the benefit of the doubt; and I also don't buy that neither one would notice that Kenzie was behaving very oddly (especially since Trick seemed to be noticing last week). And I don't buy that Bo wouldn't mention either the peanut allergy or the ice cream. The scripts needed a couple of rewrites.
Yeah, it didn't make a lot of sense. They could have easily just locked up Kenzei and Bo in separate cells while investigating both stories.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 06:23 AM   #37
JD
Admiral

Well, I'm glad to see Tamsin being corrupted by the Light Side. That's definitely in keeping with the atmosphere of the show. And hopefully it will make her less irritating.

On the plus side, we got a better look at Kenzie than we usually do. She doesn't usually participate in the semi-nude scenes. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
I wonder if it was actually Ksenia Solo or a body double?
Old February 21 2013, 10:20 AM   #38
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

^^ I'm pretty sure we can see her face as she leaves the shower; and it was obviously her when she was "topless" from the back, which was nice shot if not very revealing.

Snaploud wrote: View Post
Yeah, it didn't make a lot of sense. They could have easily just locked up Kenzei and Bo in separate cells while investigating both stories.
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Old February 21 2013, 04:32 PM   #39
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Snaploud wrote: View Post
I think the idea was that everyone was already worried about Bo going off the rails, so this was just seen as the latest development in an ongoing problem. If there hadn't been that context . . . yeah, they might have taken Bo's accusations more seriously.

Instead it was: "Oh no, I knew there was something wrong with her!"
Old February 21 2013, 04:38 PM   #40
Christopher
Writer

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
I think the idea was that everyone was already worried about Bo going off the rails, so this was just seen as the latest development in an ongoing problem. If there hadn't been that context . . . yeah, they might have taken Bo's accusations more seriously.

Instead it was: "Oh no, I knew there was something wrong with her!"
Clearly that was the intent, but the execution frankly sucked. There was no reason for Bo not to mention the impostor's lack of peanut allergy -- especially since, in-story, the opening scene of this episode probably occurred less than an hour after the end of last week's episode, depending on travel time from Bo's hovel to the Dal. How could she have forgotten such a crucial clue in such a brief span of time? They asked her point-blank how she knew Kenzi was an impostor, the perfect opening to reveal the allergy issue, and instead all she said was that she had a feeling. That made no sense whatsoever.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 06:51 PM   #41
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Do we know for sure that the photo Tamsin showed coma guy was Bo?
Old February 21 2013, 07:40 PM   #42
Christopher
Writer

^We saw Bo attack him at the end of the season premiere.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2013, 06:30 AM   #43
JD
Admiral

^^ I'm pretty sure we can see her face as she leaves the shower; and it was obviously her when she was "topless" from the back, which was nice shot if not very revealing.
I remembered that they showed her walk by, I just couldn't remember if you could see her face. Either way I do agree about the quality of what we saw. Very nice indeed.
Old February 24 2013, 12:23 AM   #44
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

In the event of a threesome, would it be Dydoccubus?
It sounds like a shape with lots of sides! (Which actually kinda fits with my mental image of the three of them anyway.)

I don't think it would ever happen though. It's been pretty clear from day 1 that Dyson & Lauren hate each other.

Velocity wrote: View Post
I'm getting a little bored with the plots this season. Too many gratuitous sexual situations, too much Lauren, and not enough plot. [...] I'm rooting for Lauren to get killed off. She's pretty annoying.
Yeah. It takes a lot for me to vote for a het pairing over a femslash one, but I just don't find Lauren the least bit interesting. Plus, I defy anyone to watch "(Dis)members Only" and not think that Bo & Dyson were totally meant to be together.

That said, "Doccubus" is one of my favorite words ever.

As for "Too many gratuitous sexual situations," I don't think there can be such a thing as far as Lost Girl is concerned. My biggest irritation with the latter half of Season 2 was that there seemed to be a lot less sex (and fewer Kenzi zingers but that's another issue). The show is at its best when it explores the notion that its central character needs sex to live and that there's nothing wrong with having a healthy sexual appetite. For me, the most haunting scene in the entire series was in "Scream a Little Dream" when Bo meets that future version of herself who hadn't been touched in years. The wounded desperation of the character was quite touching.
Old February 24 2013, 12:36 AM   #45
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
In the event of a threesome, would it be Dydoccubus?
It sounds like a shape with lots of sides! (Which actually kinda fits with my mental image of the three of them anyway.)

I don't think it would ever happen though. It's been pretty clear from day 1 that Dyson & Lauren hate each other.
Yeah, I seem to recall a bit early on when Bo "jokingly" suggested that the three of them get together--and neither Lauren or Dyson seemed too keen on the idea.