RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,557
Posts: 5,401,883
Members: 24,861
Currently online: 662
Newest member: bunty2

TrekToday headlines

Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Abrams To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek 3 Casting Rumor Reactions
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek Comics Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 21 2013, 12:25 AM   #5941
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gotham
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

This all has to do with the upcoming Trinity War I believe, in case some are wondering.
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 01:41 AM   #5942
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral
 
Professor Zoom's Avatar
 
Location: Idealistic
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I also forgot about the magic sword that'd probably help against Superman as well since I believe Clark is still vulnerable to magic in the 52'Verse.
He might be vulnerable to the sword, but couldn't he just take it away from her? He does move at super speed. Or just blow her away with his super breath. Or heat vision. Etc.

If playing by the rules they have established: Supes cleans the floor with, magic sword or not.
__________________
Batman does not eat nachos.
Professor Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 01:42 AM   #5943
theenglish
Rear Admiral
 
theenglish's Avatar
 
Location: Suriname
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Mike Farley wrote: View Post
I wouldn't name it TrekBBSofAmerica.com.
I think it's a pretty cool name.
Did somebody just register this? www.trekbbsofamerica.com is already OWNED!!!!
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 01:47 AM   #5944
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gotham
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Indeed so. The Justice League could dominate most of the Justice League of America...in pure power. I'm not arguing that. Not every member of the Justice League though thinks strategically with their powers though (perhaps Diana, because's a warrior and been trained to think that like) but that's why they have Arthur and Bruce coordinating. It's an interesting roster nonetheless. Trinity War has potential to be fascinating.
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 04:31 AM   #5945
Mr Light
Admiral
 
Location: Pennsylvania
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Justice League 17: good ending, first well put together storyline for that book.

JLA 1: did not impress, mostly because it was that the ole underwhelming "people sit around talking about all the team members but they don't meet or do anything" introduction.
__________________

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 05:29 AM   #5946
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral
 
Geoff Peterson's Avatar
 
Location: 20 feet from an outlet
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
I like it when I'm not the crazy one.

So in Larry Niven's Ganthets Tale we see a hand shuffling the universe when Krona is trying to look at the origin of the universe... Then in Zero Hour we discover that it is Hal Jordan who created all 52 universes and that had always been his hand in the beginning and... Can someone sit Geoff Johns down and tell him to abide with the continuity of other writers "just a smidge".

The hand goes back to the Silver Age GL series. It also shows up in COIE where it's the Anti-Monitor's hand. (the Spectre shows up the arm wrestle him).

Of course that was then, as was the version seen in Zero Hour, and this is the New 52, so past continuity doesn't matter much.
__________________
Nerys Myk
Geoff Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 05:37 AM   #5947
theenglish
Rear Admiral
 
theenglish's Avatar
 
Location: Suriname
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
I like it when I'm not the crazy one.

So in Larry Niven's Ganthets Tale we see a hand shuffling the universe when Krona is trying to look at the origin of the universe... Then in Zero Hour we discover that it is Hal Jordan who created all 52 universes and that had always been his hand in the beginning and... Can someone sit Geoff Johns down and tell him to abide with the continuity of other writers "just a smidge".

The hand goes back to the Silver Age GL series. It also shows up in COIE where it's the Anti-Monitor's hand. (the Spectre shows up the arm wrestle him).

Of course that was then, as was the version seen in Zero Hour, and this is the New 52, so past continuity doesn't matter much.
Because the reverse Flash changing Barry's history shattered everything going back to the Big Bang?
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 05:49 AM   #5948
Fist McStrongpunch
Rear Admiral
 
Fist McStrongpunch's Avatar
 
Location: Milwaukeeish
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

theenglish wrote: View Post
Because the reverse Flash changing Barry's history shattered everything going back to the Big Bang?
You didn't read Flashpoint at all did you? First, Prof Zoom did not change history. Barry did. And then when he changed it back to create the New 52, he entirely changed things by bringing in two other timestreams. And DC has said that none of the Crises happened in this continuity, so, that means it probably wasn't the Anti-Monitor anyway.
__________________
You all laugh when I look at boxes and talk about robot costumes. Robots, my friends, are no laughing matter.
Fist McStrongpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 06:01 AM   #5949
theenglish
Rear Admiral
 
theenglish's Avatar
 
Location: Suriname
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Fist McStrongpunch wrote: View Post
theenglish wrote: View Post
Because the reverse Flash changing Barry's history shattered everything going back to the Big Bang?
You didn't read Flashpoint at all did you? First, Prof Zoom did not change history. Barry did. And then when he changed it back to create the New 52, he entirely changed things by bringing in two other timestreams. And DC has said that none of the Crises happened in this continuity, so, that means it probably wasn't the Anti-Monitor anyway.
Yeah, I read it--just being sarcastic.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 07:31 AM   #5950
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral
 
Geoff Peterson's Avatar
 
Location: 20 feet from an outlet
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

theenglish wrote: View Post
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
I like it when I'm not the crazy one.

So in Larry Niven's Ganthets Tale we see a hand shuffling the universe when Krona is trying to look at the origin of the universe... Then in Zero Hour we discover that it is Hal Jordan who created all 52 universes and that had always been his hand in the beginning and... Can someone sit Geoff Johns down and tell him to abide with the continuity of other writers "just a smidge".

The hand goes back to the Silver Age GL series. It also shows up in COIE where it's the Anti-Monitor's hand. (the Spectre shows up the arm wrestle him).

Of course that was then, as was the version seen in Zero Hour, and this is the New 52, so past continuity doesn't matter much.
Because the reverse Flash changing Barry's history shattered everything going back to the Big Bang?
Would you prefer Superboy punching the wall of reality so hard even the Marvel Universe had to change?
__________________
Nerys Myk
Geoff Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 09:30 AM   #5951
Mike Farley
Commodore
 
Mike Farley's Avatar
 
Location: Lost Vegas
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
theenglish wrote: View Post
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
The hand goes back to the Silver Age GL series. It also shows up in COIE where it's the Anti-Monitor's hand. (the Spectre shows up the arm wrestle him).

Of course that was then, as was the version seen in Zero Hour, and this is the New 52, so past continuity doesn't matter much.
Because the reverse Flash changing Barry's history shattered everything going back to the Big Bang?
Would you prefer Superboy punching the wall of reality so hard even the Marvel Universe had to change?
Is THAT how Tony Stark's comic origin got shifted from Vietnam to Afghanistan?
Mike Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 10:16 AM   #5952
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Stark started drinking in Vietnam, but by the time he came out of it, it was Afghanistan.

We've all been there.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 01:08 PM   #5953
Icemizer
Fleet Captain
 
Icemizer's Avatar
 
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

I would like to think that Superboy Prime somehow survived Flashpoint and is living happily on his own Earth right now.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 04:12 PM   #5954
WalkerBait
Trekker4747
 
WalkerBait's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Ah, Superboy Prime's punching reality to pieces. God love teenage angst. But it did give us Redhood so there's that... ?

Read JL, good end to "Throne of Atlantis" be interesting to see where Aquaman goes from here as he's taking his throne. Art in this book is good, though I noticed a couple of times Wonder Woman was given "Liefeldian Scoliosis." I might consider making JL a pull, I like what I've seen in these books with the ToA arc.

Supergirl: The penultimate chapter in the "H'El on Earth" storyline, and it was pretty decent. Featuring a battle between Wonder Woman and Supergirl, Wonder Woman using her lasso to help Supergirl realize what's going on. The final showdown between Supergirl and the JL against H'El next week in Superman should prove interesting.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
WalkerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 04:54 PM   #5955
Icemizer
Fleet Captain
 
Icemizer's Avatar
 
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

I have found the H'El story pretty interesting so far. I have especially enjoyed seeing just how vast Supermans fortress is. Of course it really is incredible that he could have gone and collected everything in it in five years, but the less mention of the stupid time frame the better.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
batman, comic books, comics, dc comics, dc's new 52, justice league, superman, wonder woman

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.