Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Abrams To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek 3 Casting Rumor Reactions
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek Comics Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 21 2013, 12:25 AM   #5941
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

This all has to do with the upcoming Trinity War I believe, in case some are wondering.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 01:41 AM   #5942
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I also forgot about the magic sword that'd probably help against Superman as well since I believe Clark is still vulnerable to magic in the 52'Verse.
He might be vulnerable to the sword, but couldn't he just take it away from her? He does move at super speed. Or just blow her away with his super breath. Or heat vision. Etc.

If playing by the rules they have established: Supes cleans the floor with, magic sword or not.
Old February 21 2013, 01:42 AM   #5943
theenglish
Rear Admiral

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Mike Farley wrote: View Post
I wouldn't name it TrekBBSofAmerica.com.
I think it's a pretty cool name.
Did somebody just register this? www.trekbbsofamerica.com is already OWNED!!!!
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 01:47 AM   #5944
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Indeed so. The Justice League could dominate most of the Justice League of America...in pure power. I'm not arguing that. Not every member of the Justice League though thinks strategically with their powers though (perhaps Diana, because's a warrior and been trained to think that like) but that's why they have Arthur and Bruce coordinating. It's an interesting roster nonetheless. Trinity War has potential to be fascinating.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 04:31 AM   #5945
Mr Light
Admiral

Justice League 17: good ending, first well put together storyline for that book.

JLA 1: did not impress, mostly because it was that the ole underwhelming "people sit around talking about all the team members but they don't meet or do anything" introduction.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 05:29 AM   #5946
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
I like it when I'm not the crazy one.

So in Larry Niven's Ganthets Tale we see a hand shuffling the universe when Krona is trying to look at the origin of the universe... Then in Zero Hour we discover that it is Hal Jordan who created all 52 universes and that had always been his hand in the beginning and... Can someone sit Geoff Johns down and tell him to abide with the continuity of other writers "just a smidge".

The hand goes back to the Silver Age GL series. It also shows up in COIE where it's the Anti-Monitor's hand. (the Spectre shows up the arm wrestle him).

Of course that was then, as was the version seen in Zero Hour, and this is the New 52, so past continuity doesn't matter much.
Old February 21 2013, 05:37 AM   #5947
theenglish
Rear Admiral

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post

So in Larry Niven's Ganthets Tale we see a hand shuffling the universe when Krona is trying to look at the origin of the universe... Then in Zero Hour we discover that it is Hal Jordan who created all 52 universes and that had always been his hand in the beginning and... Can someone sit Geoff Johns down and tell him to abide with the continuity of other writers "just a smidge".

The hand goes back to the Silver Age GL series. It also shows up in COIE where it's the Anti-Monitor's hand. (the Spectre shows up the arm wrestle him).

Of course that was then, as was the version seen in Zero Hour, and this is the New 52, so past continuity doesn't matter much.
Because the reverse Flash changing Barry's history shattered everything going back to the Big Bang?
Old February 21 2013, 05:49 AM   #5948
Fist McStrongpunch
Rear Admiral

theenglish wrote: View Post
Because the reverse Flash changing Barry's history shattered everything going back to the Big Bang?
You didn't read Flashpoint at all did you? First, Prof Zoom did not change history. Barry did. And then when he changed it back to create the New 52, he entirely changed things by bringing in two other timestreams. And DC has said that none of the Crises happened in this continuity, so, that means it probably wasn't the Anti-Monitor anyway.
Old February 21 2013, 06:01 AM   #5949
theenglish
Rear Admiral

Fist McStrongpunch wrote: View Post
You didn't read Flashpoint at all did you? First, Prof Zoom did not change history. Barry did. And then when he changed it back to create the New 52, he entirely changed things by bringing in two other timestreams. And DC has said that none of the Crises happened in this continuity, so, that means it probably wasn't the Anti-Monitor anyway.
Yeah, I read it--just being sarcastic.
Old February 21 2013, 07:31 AM   #5950
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral

Would you prefer Superboy punching the wall of reality so hard even the Marvel Universe had to change?
Old February 21 2013, 09:30 AM   #5951
Mike Farley
Commodore

Would you prefer Superboy punching the wall of reality so hard even the Marvel Universe had to change?
Is THAT how Tony Stark's comic origin got shifted from Vietnam to Afghanistan?
Mike Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 10:16 AM   #5952
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Stark started drinking in Vietnam, but by the time he came out of it, it was Afghanistan.

We've all been there.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 01:08 PM   #5953
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

I would like to think that Superboy Prime somehow survived Flashpoint and is living happily on his own Earth right now.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 04:12 PM   #5954
WalkerBait
Trekker4747

Ah, Superboy Prime's punching reality to pieces. God love teenage angst. But it did give us Redhood so there's that... ?

Read JL, good end to "Throne of Atlantis" be interesting to see where Aquaman goes from here as he's taking his throne. Art in this book is good, though I noticed a couple of times Wonder Woman was given "Liefeldian Scoliosis." I might consider making JL a pull, I like what I've seen in these books with the ToA arc.

Supergirl: The penultimate chapter in the "H'El on Earth" storyline, and it was pretty decent. Featuring a battle between Wonder Woman and Supergirl, Wonder Woman using her lasso to help Supergirl realize what's going on. The final showdown between Supergirl and the JL against H'El next week in Superman should prove interesting.
Old February 21 2013, 04:54 PM   #5955
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

I have found the H'El story pretty interesting so far. I have especially enjoyed seeing just how vast Supermans fortress is. Of course it really is incredible that he could have gone and collected everything in it in five years, but the less mention of the stupid time frame the better.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote