IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 20 2013, 03:53 PM   #31
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Being Human (American Version) - Season 3

You do more with a consensual soul?

There might be magic police that make sure no one stealing souls, or it could just be the flavour the soul adds to the spell that there's an unwillingness to it... I mean I assume that her magic is powered by other peoples souls and that she doesn't charge up by snorting like she did with the souls sally harbringed for her, but it's just that those souls were so black marjet that she couldn't do anything with than "lasting" which might get hger into trouble, since magic is about asking gods to do shit for you.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2013, 10:54 PM   #32
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

That actually makes sense.
Old February 21 2013, 07:08 AM   #33
JD
Admiral

Yeah, that wold make sense.
Old February 23 2013, 06:55 AM   #34
JD
Admiral

They've posted the first four minutes of the next episode on Facebook and Youtube.
Old February 23 2013, 11:04 AM   #35
RJDementia13

I find it hard to believe that nobody ever overhears these hospital-corridor conversations.
Old February 23 2013, 10:11 PM   #36
Immolatus
Captain

Sally sure is a selfish bitch. Why stay in Boston. you have a second chance at life and you stick around knowing you could kill someone you know just by them looking at you. Not nice. pack up head west.
Beware the beast man for he is the Devils pawn. Alone among Gods primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Let him not breed in great numbers for he will make a desert of his home & yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
Immolatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23 2013, 10:14 PM   #37
Immolatus
Captain

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
You do more with a consensual soul?

There might be magic police that make sure no one stealing souls, or it could just be the flavour the soul adds to the spell that there's an unwillingness to it... I mean I assume that her magic is powered by other peoples souls and that she doesn't charge up by snorting like she did with the souls sally harbringed for her, but it's just that those souls were so black marjet that she couldn't do anything with than "lasting" which might get hger into trouble, since magic is about asking gods to do shit for you.

Vatican? would it be cool to find out the flu virus was really made by the Vatican to kill off vamps and now they're going after the wolves
Beware the beast man for he is the Devils pawn. Alone among Gods primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Let him not breed in great numbers for he will make a desert of his home & yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
Old February 24 2013, 12:13 AM   #38
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The church and the Vampires obviously had a truce for the last thousand years... Well the inquisition was doubtlessly the Church vs. the Vampires (unless witches, who are real and not made up, used to be a really awwwwwwwwwful problem?) so lets say they've had a truce for the last 400 years.

It was Benedict.

He takes over insisting that an answer to the Vampires be found, and now that they're all dead by their guestimates, he feels confidant enough to retire since he was a Battle-Pope and this is peace time which he has no stomach for.

Old February 24 2013, 12:41 AM   #39
Immolatus
Captain

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
The church and the Vampires obviously had a truce for the last thousand years... Well the inquisition was doubtlessly the Church vs. the Vampires (unless witches, who are real and not made up, used to be a really awwwwwwwwwful problem?) so lets say they've had a truce for the last 400 years.

It was Benedict.

He takes over insisting that an answer to the Vampires be found, and now that they're all dead by their guestimates, he feels confidant enough to retire since he was a Battle-Pope and this is peace time which he has no stomach for.

Nice. but now without the vamps to maintain order, wolves and witches run around doing as they please
Old February 24 2013, 03:37 AM   #40
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Witchcraft is education. A bloodline might help or hinder but if you ain't willing to learn ten dead languages and memorize 15 cook books worth of spells, well then you're just a stage magician illusionist ponce trying to pull a fast one.

Witches feed off the dead. Which does make them the Churches problem and not the Governments because ghosts don't vote. Although if the Church knew about doors and some glimmer of how it really works... Religion as it stands is some big joke to the guys in the frocks? I can accept that the Vatican knows, certainly Church of England, but what about all the other offshoot splinters of Christianity that buggered off before they could be illuminated about the man behind the curtain? Do you seriously think that the Mormons know that Jesus was a Vampire? Although that might might explain Alice Cooper, who is the grandson of the bloke in charge and if he wasn't a rock legend would be in line for the top job from grampies kicks the bucket.

Werewolves on the other hand.

One night a month?

Under the full moon, the wolf is no more disturbing than any escaped zoo animal. It doesn't retain human intellect. Wolfing out is a liability really. The rest of the month the wolf makes them so antisocially difficult (What sort of super wussy was Josh before the bite?) that they can't integrate into human society which makes them as dangerous as "Hobo with a shotgun".

Whatever truce the werewolves have with the Vitican and other powers is probably still in full effect. They don't have to kill. They only kill if something fucks up which is true with any one in any situation. "I was at a magic Tournament the other day and every thing was going fine until... "

(The English vs. Canadian lore in my head is so jumbled.)

Old February 26 2013, 05:51 PM   #41
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07

Nora was too hard on Aidan. And how hard was it to show that whatsherface attacked him? His version of events is plausible and there's a wooden stake on the floor somewhere. A lot of that conflict didn't ring true. They even used the old trope of having none of the characters talk about what happened until much later, once everyone was at the hospital.

And what's up with Sally? Is she dying already? If so, I thought there might be a catch like that.
Shamrock Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2013, 11:42 PM   #42
RJDementia13

^^ Yeah, I didn't think the Soup Kitchen Sorceress would wait for Sally to die of old age.

Nora is definitely becoming irritating when it comes to Aiden. I suspect that Liam has killed the kid to lure Nora fully into his pack.
Old February 26 2013, 11:52 PM   #43
JD
Admiral

I had thought it was just to get her to completely turn on Aiden. I knew as soon as Liam walked into her room that was the end for Erin.
Yeah, I'm thinking that Donna (the witch) has done something to Sally.
I didn't catch if they explained how Blake found out about Kenny, but her addition definitely added an interesting new wrinkle to their relationship. I'm curious if he is actually going to end up being turned into a vampire or if something else will happen to him.
At the end was Blake referring to Aiden or a different vampire?
Old February 27 2013, 12:53 AM   #44
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
I didn't catch if they explained how Blake found out about Kenny, but her addition definitely added an interesting new wrinkle to their relationship. I'm curious if he is actually going to end up being turned into a vampire or if something else will happen to him.
At the end was Blake referring to Aiden or a different vampire?
Blake said she followed Aidan to the hospital to find out how he was surviving the flu famine. And, at the end, she was referring to Aiden killing Liam's son, the purebred.

And I suspect that Sally's problem has something to with the fact that she's hungry all the time. They wouldn't keep mentioning that every episode, and show her stuffing her face all the time, unless it's going to pay off somehow.
Old February 27 2013, 01:13 AM   #45
JD
Admiral

Interesting, I hadn't noticed that.