Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 19 2013, 01:12 PM   #1156
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Sindatur wrote: View Post
TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
the G-man wrote: View Post
Has it been established?
I think that's how Michonne used her chained walkers. What other purpose would they serve--or possess some advantage she lacks?
I interpretted it as being the same as smearing zombie guts on yourself, she was using them to mask her savory-ness from other Zombies.

Though it is true as Borgminister and Sojourner have stated that she never did clearly answer why she had her "pets", they could just be her family members she couldn't bare to be parted from, could be why she understand the Governor so well. (I'm leaning towards masking though)
In the Comic one is her brother and the other was her BF, she kept them for three reasons

1. To mask her scent
2. They where loved ones
3. They kept her from having the same crazy visions Rick is currently having.

In the comic both her and Rick carried guilt and saw/conversed with friends and family that were killed.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 01:26 PM   #1157
PKerr
Rear Admiral

So I watched the newest episode last night and I enjoyed it

1. I hope the look on Rick's face at the end of the episode somehow correlates that he is done with his delusions of lost family and friend because they ran that crap into the ground int the comic and it got old fast.

2. Where was Tyrese and crew?
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the room Glen was drawing on the floor in the same room they were holding them in?

3. How did the Woodbury guy get up on the tower without anyone seeing him?
If he was so ninja like how come he didn't just run around and slit everyone's throats?
Old February 19 2013, 01:57 PM   #1158
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

1. Doubt it.

2. They're gone. It wasn't firmly established in this week's episode, but last week Rick told them to leave before going all Ghost Lori on them. After his tirade, I wouldn't want to stick around either. "Talking Dead" afterwards confirms that they left, but hinted that it may not be the last we see of them.

3. Pair of tree shears and a little stealth. The only people outside were Axel and Carol gettin' all pre-lovey-dovey, and Herschel going to counsel Rick. Michonne was in the bus. There would've been a big blind spot the tower guy could have gotten through, and the Gove has used this tactic before to position his guys before striking.

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 02:16 PM   #1159
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
1. Doubt it.

2. They're gone. It wasn't firmly established in this week's episode, but last week Rick told them to leave before going all Ghost Lori on them. After his tirade, I wouldn't want to stick around either. "Talking Dead" afterwards confirms that they left, but hinted that it may not be the last we see of them.

3. Pair of tree shears and a little stealth. The only people outside were Axel and Carol gettin' all pre-lovey-dovey, and Herschel going to counsel Rick. Michonne was in the bus. There would've been a big blind spot the tower guy could have gotten through, and the Gove has used this tactic before to position his guys before striking.

Mark
1. shame.
2. what a lost opportunity, Tyrese is a great character in the comics and they seem to have really gotten his character right in the show.

3. umm ok.
Old February 19 2013, 03:47 PM   #1160
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

I suspect we'll be seeing more of Tyrese and his group before the season ends. No reason to bring on a Comics Fan Favorite just for the little screen time and impact he's had so far.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 06:56 PM   #1161
Takeru
Fleet Captain

No reason to bring on a Comics Fan Favorite just for the little screen time and impact he's had so far.
Look what they did to Michonne and unlike Tyrese she's part of the main cast.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 07:00 PM   #1162
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

One thing is confusing. I'm not getting Glenn's over-the-top anger and frustration at everything. Maggie wasn't raped and even told him so but Glenn is still acting like a fool on a rampage.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 07:10 PM   #1163
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Takeru wrote: View Post
No reason to bring on a Comics Fan Favorite just for the little screen time and impact he's had so far.
Look what they did to Michonne and unlike Tyrese she's part of the main cast.
Right, she's part of the main cast. True, they haen't really given her any lines, but, she's been around the whole season and part of everything. Tyrese, pretty much spent 2 or 3 episodes in a cell, and dug a grave.

DarthTom wrote: View Post
One thing is confusing. I'm not getting Glenn's over-the-top anger and frustration at everything. Maggie wasn't raped and even told him so but Glenn is still acting like a fool on a rampage.
I think it's a "Macho" thing. He should've been able to protect her, it happened on his watch, etc, etc. From personal experience, it seems to me that actually is quite a common type of reaction from certain personality types, when something bad happens to their lover or child, it becomes all about them, and their guilt, rather than about the actual victim.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 07:19 PM   #1164
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

I think it's a "Macho" thing. He should've been able to protect her, it happened on his watch, etc, etc. From personal experience, it seems to me that actually is quite a common type of reaction from certain personality types, when something bad happens to their lover or child, it becomes all about them, and their guilt, rather than about the actual victim.
I'd agree, but both of their reactions seem out of proportion to what really happened.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 07:20 PM   #1165
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

I think this is it exactly. Maggie was humiliated and Glenn couldn't save her. It might even be worse because Maggie was humiliated in order to save Glenn. She rescued him and he really can't deal with it.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 07:34 PM   #1166
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
I think this is it exactly. Maggie was humiliated and Glenn couldn't save her. It might even be worse because Maggie was humiliated in order to save Glenn. She rescued him and he really can't deal with it.
That whole interaction between those two seems odd to me, I would have thought it would have brought them closer, not alienating each other.
Old February 19 2013, 07:42 PM   #1167
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

PKerr wrote: View Post
That whole interaction between those two seems odd to me, I would have thought it would have brought them closer, not alienating each other.
Exactly. I mean shit, a woman showing her tits in order to save her boyfriend doesn't seem like that big a deal to me.
Old February 19 2013, 08:04 PM   #1168
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

PKerr wrote: View Post
Exactly. I mean shit, a woman showing her tits in order to save her boyfriend doesn't seem like that big a deal to me.
especially after all they've been through.

And you gotta think nudity isn't such a big deal after they've been camping out for all those months.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 08:25 PM   #1169
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

wissaboo wrote: View Post
especially after all they've been through.

And you gotta think nudity isn't such a big deal after they've been camping out for all those months.
The Governor is creepy and I'm sure she wasn't thrilled to take off her shirt for him but come on - it was to save Glenn's life.

They've been camping out for months and have had to kill walkers [the undead] and she and Glenn are having a breakdown over taking off her shirt and showing her tits?

Maybe I'm missing something but the reaction doesn't seem realistic to the circumstances and the other crap they've gone through on both her and Glenn's part.
Old February 19 2013, 08:41 PM   #1170
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

^It's not the nudity; it's the helplessness. Both were helpless to do anything for each other. Glenn was ready to die to keep the prison a secret but Maggie told the Governor to save Glenn. They were both victimized by other people, so it's natural for them to feel depressed and angry, but Glenn is having a much hard time than Maggie. I agree with others upthread that it is mostly his male ego that was harmed; he couldn't protect her OR himself and that's where all the anger is coming from.
auntiehill is online now   Reply With Quote