New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old February 10 2013, 03:01 AM   #106
timelord1010
Captain

Re: Are regenerations still capped at 12?

Nick Ryder wrote: View Post
True - he liked how he was as Tennant but why would he say 'I don't want to go' he could have just glowed out and disappeared like the rest of the timelords too. While yes I think he didn't want to lose his old self - when he's the last of his kind, who knows if his next regeneration is going to be his last or if that radiation he took in was going to regenerate him properly. He staved off a regen when he still had that hand in a jar - that was something no other Doctor did prior.
Jon Pertwee's Doctor got a massive radiation dose and he needed another Timelord's help to regenerate into Tom Baker's 4th Doctor so that could have Tennant's Doctor's concern.
Same as Peter Davidson's Doctor, he wasn't sure if he was going to regenerate.

On a side note it was a little crazy for Davidson's Doctor to set the TARDIS in motion when he was concerned that he might not regenerate. Peri would have been trapped in the TARDIS with a dead Timelord.
timelord1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2013, 05:37 AM   #107
diankra
Commodore

1) Tennant didn't know that he was going to get killed by radiation when he was worrying earlier in the story.
2) Davison setting the TARDIS going echoes Hartnell doing the same first time round (which, originally, was because the TARDIS, rather than travelling in time, was going to reverse time within its interior, de-ageing the Doctor... but that idea got tweaked into something a bit more mystical by the time it was shot. But nevertheless, the intent in Caves of Androzani was definitely to echo the Tenth Planet change: until it became obvious that there wasn't enough studio time left, director Graeme Harper was planning to reproduce the 'throbbing' console room lighting from the original change).
diankra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11 2013, 05:34 PM   #108
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

timelord1010 wrote: View Post
On a side note it was a little crazy for Davidson's Doctor to set the TARDIS in motion when he was concerned that he might not regenerate. Peri would have been trapped in the TARDIS with a dead Timelord.
Wasn't the planet erupting or something? Better to be alive in the Tardis than dead...
Old February 11 2013, 08:43 PM   #109
Redfern
Commodore

Nope, not Eath anyway where the TARDIS stood. You may be thinking of Mondas, "The Tenth Planet", which did go "Fwoomp!" in that adventure. The situation had been resolved (the Cybermen shriveled to empty suits) and the Doctor, having been imprisoned upon a Cyberman transport staggers back to the TARDIS as he realizes his body is "growing a bit thin". ben and Polly enter the time capsule moments before it dematerializes and they find the Doctor collapsed upon the deck.

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11 2013, 08:45 PM   #110
Redfern
Commodore

Oops! Sorry, I see you were talking about Davison's "swan song" serial.

Disregard my previous post.

Sincerely,

Bill

Old February 14 2013, 11:24 AM   #111
FreddyE
Commander

I would like a doctor thats tall and muscular for a change. I imagine a scene like this: With his last breath he mutters "If only I had been stronger...I could have protected everyone"...-> regenerates into 2 m 10, muscular guy ;-)
FreddyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 09:23 PM   #112
Robert D. Robot
Captain

FreddyE wrote: View Post
I would like a doctor thats tall and muscular for a change. I imagine a scene like this: With his last breath he mutters "If only I had been stronger...I could have protected everyone"...-> regenerates into 2 m 10, muscular guy ;-)
Interesting! Then, instead of getting something like the First Doctor's classic speech:

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."

We might simply get:

"I'll be back."
Robert D. Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 10:04 PM   #113
Redfern
Commodore

"Oh...snap!!!"

Sadly, I too imagined a hulk with an Austrian accent based upon that description.

Sincerely,

Bill

Old February 19 2013, 08:11 AM   #114
FreddyE
Commander

Redfern wrote: View Post
"Oh...snap!!!"

Sadly, I too imagined a hulk with an Austrian accent based upon that description.

Sincerely,

Bill

ouch...the very thought! We need someone with a bit more acting talent then Arnold...;-)
FreddyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 06:58 PM   #115
Robert D. Robot
Captain

Makes me wonder if one of the "Non-Arnold" Doctors could have gone to Mars and done a less bloody job of convincing that bastard Cohaagen to turn on the reactor... Cohaagen knows it makes oxygen!!

Last edited by Robert D. Robot; February 19 2013 at 11:32 PM.
Robert D. Robot is offline   Reply With Quote