Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old February 13 2013, 03:41 PM   #16
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Time for a DS9 movie...

anh165 wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
Bacl wrote: View Post
A Deep Space 9 movie could be a real Star Trek fans movie: science fiction, political and social thought, character development, all the things that made DS9 the red-haired child of the franchise.
You mean all the things that were there in every other Trek series?

No offense, but a DS9 movie would end up looking much like Star Trek 2009. With Samuel Jackson as Sisko and Kate Beckinsale as Kira. I love when the REAL Star Trek fans come out and bash those with different tastes. IDIC and all that.

Ouch!
Sisko: Get these mother fuckin' Jem'Hadar off muh mother fuckin' starship!
Old February 14 2013, 05:11 AM   #17
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Dukhat wrote: View Post
JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
It's true most people don't care about 2nd-age Trek anymore, but those that do would all universally love a DS9 movie.
Unfortunately CBS would never produce a DS9 TV movie for the relatively few people (ratings-wise speaking) that would want to see it.

Heck, I bet if it were possible to get the actors and one or two of the original writers, I'd personally run a Kickstarter to fund it and I bet it'd succeed. All the same people who will watch Star Trek: Renegades would donate.
You mean a kickstarter for a fan-produced DS9 movie, right? Because CBS doesn't need a kickstarter to produce a Trek series or movie.

The other problem is that maybe one or two of the original cast may be interested in doing this. Not everyone. I'm not picking on you personally, but a lot of Trek fans seem to be under the mistaken impression that all these actors are just sitting around waiting to return to the Trek series they starred in twenty years ago. They aren't.
Huh, I didn't think you were picking on me personally until you said you weren't picking on me personally.

Of course they're not sitting around waiting, but I bet those of them who don't have contractual obligations wouldn't say no so long as the offer is the amount they can currently get for a role.

They wouldn't just say "Appear in DS9? POPPYCOCK!" It'd be a contract to negotiate like any other.

And of course it'd never happen. But it would make a whole lot of us happy to see new Trek content designed like TNG/DS9 instead of nuTrek. That's why Star Trek: Renegades exists.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2013, 12:29 PM   #18
USS Firefly
Commander

I don't think a DS9 movie would work anymore.
But what about a DS9 game with the voice's of the actors.
A game like Klingon Academy or something like Knights of the old Republic?
USS Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 01:31 PM   #19
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

A dumb popcorn movie for the masses would reduce the series. A more frequent release schedule for DS9 Relaunch novels would be more likely and more preferable.
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote