Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 18 2013, 10:02 PM   #586
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

I agree that Maul could have done the choking, but who is the Jedi who taught the prisoner how to build the nanodroids? The only reason I wondered about Dooku was because he has the best chance of any baddy we know to pass himself off as a Jedi (having been one once).
Old February 18 2013, 10:16 PM   #587
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
I agree that Maul could have done the choking, but who is the Jedi who taught the prisoner how to build the nanodroids? The only reason I wondered about Dooku was because he has the best chance of any baddy we know to pass himself off as a Jedi (having been one once).
Or its just a Jedi gone bad and Maul, Dooku, and Sidious have nothing to do with it.

Seriously the main villains don't have to be responsible for every villainous act in the series.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 10:23 PM   #588
billcosby
Commodore

I'm thinking it was Tarkin heading up the nanodroid department... well done on thinking Maul for force-choker. That is a totally logical conclusion. Hwoever you have to wonder if another Jedi is involved, someone going rouge. I'd prefer Maul but whatever.

Does anyone recall any meaningful interaction between Ahsoka and Palpatine in the series that would alert him to Anakin's attachment to her? I'm trying to figure out of Palps has a hand in any of this becoming Ahsoka's problem or if it was entirely random.

On the topic of stun settings, I just happened to be rewatching season 2's "Death Trap" and was delighted to see Boba stunning a clone trooper.

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 10:25 PM   #589
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Seriously the main villains don't have to be responsible for every villainous act in the series.
Of course it could be someone we've never heard of before. It's in the whodunit genre, as mentioned already, so we're discussing the suspects that we do know about. At least that's what I'm doing. Can't really discuss suspects if we don't know who they are.

billcosby wrote: View Post
I'm thinking it was Tarkin heading up the nanodroid department
Yeah. Tarkin was the one isolating the prisoner. He delivered the message summoning Ahsoka; maybe he was who told the prisoner (Letta Turmond) she could trust Ahsoka. All that's consistent with the idea of Tarkin setting everything up.

... well done on thinking Maul for force-choker. That is a totally logical conclusion.
Agreed.
Old February 18 2013, 10:27 PM   #590
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Only other than the fact that Palpatine would probably know that Ahsoka was his Padawan Learner. That would be attachment enough in his eyes I think. I don't recall any specific interaction that they've had.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 10:29 PM   #591
Locutus of Bored
A Certain Point of View

I agree that Maul could have done the choking, but who is the Jedi who taught the prisoner how to build the nanodroids?
Maybe Maul identified himself as a Jedi. There are other Jedi of his species and she is not well acquainted with the Order so she wouldn't question it.

As far as teaching her to build nanodroids, I guess he took a Sith Learning Annex course. He's smart and capable, so it seems within his abilities. He might even have nanodroids inside his body to help keep him alive considering he's half machine now.

The only reason I wondered about Dooku was because he has the best chance of any baddy we know to pass himself off as a Jedi (having been one once).
But unless he changed his appearance drastically, it would be like Saddam Hussein or bin Laden or Hitler strolling around their enemy's cities during their respective conflicts. They'd be recognized immediately. He's too well known.

Or its just a Jedi gone bad and Maul, Dooku, and Sidious have nothing to do with it.

Of course not, but this random guy we've never heard of before sure seems to want to frame and kill Ahsoka bad. It just seems more likely to me it would be someone we've heard of before with a pre-established motive for going after Kenobi and in turn his former Padawan Anakin and Anakin's Padawan Ahsoka.

Maybe the frame job on Ahsoka is an attempt by Palpatine to isolate or alienate Anakin from the Order and Obi-Wan, giving him what he wants, and leaving Kenobi more vulnerable to an attack by Maul without his partner Anakin around, giving Maul what he wants.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Last edited by Locutus of Bored; February 18 2013 at 10:39 PM.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 10:39 PM   #592
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

Yeah, I was wondering if Dooku had disguised himself. But Maul's pretty well known too, so same problem there.

I was also wondering if the traitor was Luminara Unduli (Barriss Offee's master). Barriss seemed troubled about possibly more than just the death of her former master. It seemed like she's holding something back.
Old February 18 2013, 10:45 PM   #593
Stephen!
Captain

Perhaps it is Palpatine, based on what's said in this interview

http://www.followingthenerd.com/ftn_...l-is-not-dead/

Things don’t go as smoothly as some people are led to believe for him. It’s not like he just wants these things to happen and he calls Order 66 and it works out perfectly for him. He has to actually maneuver and play the chess game to stay ahead of the Jedi.
Stephen! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 10:51 PM   #594
Christopher
Writer

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
- Since the last three episodes of the Maul arc were originally supposed to be aired with Revival at the beginning of the season before they split them apart, it would have been a relatively long gap between the two arcs before, and not an immediate follow-up with Maul again right after his previous arc.
- But the fact that they moved it to the back end to possibly pair it with this arc could indicate that they want to link the two and keep Maul fresh in people's minds.
Other way around, actually; "Revival" was moved forward rather than the rest of the arc being pushed back.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 11:00 PM   #595
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

I was also wondering if the traitor was Luminara Unduli
I really doubt it. She's always been portrayed solid as a rock. At least it would be very surprising if the show went in that direction.
It would essentially conflict with her scene in ROTS, for one thing.
Old February 20 2013, 02:44 PM   #596
Stephen!
Captain

"To Catch a Jedi" Preview.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gNS8TMY3wY
Stephen! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2013, 04:36 PM   #597
Christopher
Writer

A question just occurred to me. In the original trilogy, the order that Obi-Wan Kenobi had belonged to was referred to as the Jedi Knights. That's how I grew up thinking of them. But now it seems to me that they're just called the Jedi or the Jedi Order or something. Has the "Jedi Knight" usage fallen out of favor?

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2013, 04:50 PM   #598
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
A question just occurred to me. In the original trilogy, the order that Obi-Wan Kenobi had belonged to was referred to as the Jedi Knights. That's how I grew up thinking of them. But now it seems to me that they're just called the Jedi or the Jedi Order or something. Has the "Jedi Knight" usage fallen out of favor?
It would seem so.

That reminds me of something else sorta related: the various uses of the term "master." I believe Barriss Offee addressed Anakin as "master" in front of the elevator, even though she's not his Padawan, and Anakin was never a Jedi Master.

Which brings us back to the point that Anakin himself was only ever a Jedi Knight. "Yes, I was once a Jedi Knight the same as your father." True.

Granted, though, that doesn't explain all usages of the phrase "Jedi Knight" in the OT. "For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic." You have to perform contortions to render that line fully consistent with how the PT ended up being.

http://www.blueharvest.net/scoops/anh-script.shtml
Old February 20 2013, 07:42 PM   #599
flavaflav
Commander

Granted, though, that doesn't explain all usages of the phrase "Jedi Knight" in the OT. "For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic." You have to perform contortions to render that line fully consistent with how the PT ended up being.
but the Jedi were guardians of peace until they were forced into a manipulated war. How is there any inconsistency?
flavaflav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2013, 07:50 PM   #600
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

flavaflav wrote: View Post
but the Jedi were guardians of peace until they were forced into a manipulated war. How is there any inconsistency?
We're talking about the use of the word Knight versus Order. Did the Jedi Masters do nothing to keep the peace during that period?

As for any other inconsistencies, let's not get started on generations versus years.