RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,411
Members: 24,630
Currently online: 457
Newest member: DasGeneral

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old October 9 2012, 02:36 PM   #91
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar
Re: Best Audio Book?

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Just finished another Davison story, Son of the Dragon. This one is a rare historical adventure featuring Peri at her whiniest, and a new female companion. This time they're dropped into the middle of the 15th century war between the invading Turks, and the historical Prince Vlad Ţepeș (Dracula). More good drama here, along with great performances by the regulars, and a brilliant music score. It really brings back memories of other great historical epics like Marco Polo and The Crusades.

Also highly reccomended.
Do you mean Erimem? If so, she's not new. She was introduced six years earlier.
Old October 10 2012, 01:22 AM   #92
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

The Valeyard wrote: View Post
Cutter John wrote: View Post

Also highly reccomended.
Do you mean Erimem? If so, she's not new. She was introduced six years earlier.

Six years? Blimey I've got some catching up to do.

In all fairness, this is only the fourth Davison story I've listened to.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 05:00 PM   #93
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

YAY, Gallifrey Series 5 was released today or yesterday finally, downloading it now and will burn them later today, probably. Thanks for the RSS Feed tip, OmahaStar, I've been checking it about everyday

Except I have a dilemma, I'm currently listening to Harry Potter and only halfway through Book 6. Along with Gallifrey Series 5, I still have the two Colin Bakers with Jago and Lightfoot (Voyage to the New World and Voyage to Venus), and I'm going to get at least the second Colin/Evelyn Story, as well as relisten to her first one. So, I think, I'll finish up HP6, then switch to the Whoniverse before tackling HP Book 7 (And when all that's done, I've got both Mordants Need Books). I guess I could always listen to the Whoniverse at work, but, it's hard to follow a story, and get work done

Audiobooks/Audioplays is a bad addiction

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 01:23 AM   #94
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

I'm also very excited about Gallifrey V's release, although it took me three tries to download it from their site because of my shitty connection.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 01:00 PM   #95
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I appreciated staying focussed this time rather the wheel of sliders they gave us last year.

If you thought it seemed short, there's another 3 episodes coming in October.

Although how did the native Romana to that world have a copy of Princess Astra's body if the Regenerators were never sent to look for the key to time by the White Guardian?

It's almost like "someone" prepared the way for their tumble through the multiverse.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 02:59 PM   #96
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
I appreciated staying focussed this time rather the wheel of sliders they gave us last year.

If you thought it seemed short, there's another 3 episodes coming in October.

Although how did the native Romana to that world have a copy of Princess Astra's body if the Regenerators were never sent to look for the key to time by the White Guardian?

It's almost like "someone" prepared the way for their tumble through the multiverse.
Heh, burned them to disk, and yea, I thought it did seem short at only 3 disks, but, yea, knowing another Series is due out in Octoner, kind of explained it to me.

So, I ended up buying the next 3 Evelyn/Colin stories (Spectre of Lang Moor, The Apocalypse Element, and Bloodtide), which all look cool, The Brig, Romana and The Daleks and Silurians.

So, when I finish HP6, I'll have a Whoniverse Feast.

Gallifrey 5.4 (Re-listen to remind me where we left off)
Gallifrey 6
Voyage to The New World and to Venus
Evelyn's first 4 Stories (First will be a re-listen)

Old February 18 2013, 03:31 PM   #97
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Voyage to The New World and to Venus
Evelyn's first 4 Stories (First will be a re-listen)
I approve.
Old February 18 2013, 05:09 PM   #98
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

The Big Finish audio play Chimes of Midnight is in my Top 5 Doctor Who stories of any medium.
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 07:47 PM   #99
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

DalekJim, thanks for the suggestion of Chimes of Midnight, I'll look into that on my next round of purchasing.

So, I listened to the last disc of S4 Gallifrey Adventures to remind me where we left off (I know many hated S4, but, I enjoyed the world hopping change of pace). Then I listened to S5 Gallifrey Adventures, and I loved it. One Hell of a Cliffhanger and very unexpected. November can't come soon enough for S6. Bummer S5 was only 3 episodes, but, it was very worthwhile.

Got The Colin Baker/Peri The Reaping in the player now for a relisten, and then the trip home will start the Colin Baker Voyage to Venus.

Old March 7 2013, 10:35 AM   #100
Eliczo
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Heres some of my favourites, I'm 7th Fan so listened to most of his releases, but also listening to all them slowly, now on the 90's of the main range.

Havent included titles already mentioned.

The Fires of Vulcan
The Church and the Crown
Arrangements for War
Live 34
The Kingmaker
The Settling
The Magic Mousetrap
The Angel of Scutari
A Death in the Family
Eliczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 04:28 PM   #101
Pindar
Rear Admiral

View Pindar's Twitter Profile

By no means the best, but I just listened to the Devil in the Smoke read by Dan Starkey.

Fairley short but read well, I would happily listen to more stories about that trio.
Pindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 07:07 PM   #102
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Finished The Dollar Colin Stories.

I really enjoyed Voyage to Venus, it brought a smile to my face when Six mentioned visiting Venus in his second Regeneration and learning their Martial Arts.

Voyage to the New World, was a very interesting idea, but, I didn't really enjoy the story all that much

Doing a relisten to Colin/Evelyn's first story (The Marian Conspiracy)and then it's on to the 2nd through 4th stories

Old March 13 2013, 08:54 PM   #103
Pindar
Rear Admiral

6 plus Iago and Lightfoot work together really well.

I hope they do more in this series.
Old March 19 2013, 10:52 PM   #104
Pindar
Rear Admiral

I just listened to the first Destiny of the Doctor book, read by Carol Anne Ford its about events that happen shortly before An Unearthly Child.

It's not bad I'll be interested to see how the arc plays out over each Doctor.
Old March 20 2013, 02:42 PM   #105
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Finished Evelyn's second story, The Spectre of Lanyon Moor. Really enjoyed this one, and it had the bonus of The Brigadier guest Starring, which was really cool. Though, a little continuity snafu, as I watched Battlefield last night and Seven didn't know who Doris was, even though the Brig told Six in this story that she is his wife.

Popped in Evelyn's third story, The Apocalypse Element, on my drive this morning, looking forward to his one, as it appears to be set on Gallifrey and I always enjoy the Political machinations of the Timelords and Romana is a great plus

Destiny of the Doctor? Is that an Anniversary Series?

Oh, and Lungbarrow is impossible to get ahold of, are there any Audios that advance Cartmel's Master Plan, by any chance? It's really a bummer Doctor Who was cancelled in Season 26 when that Arc had just started to bubble and never got the chance to come to fruition, I would've liked to see it all play out.