RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,914
Posts: 5,331,192
Members: 24,559
Currently online: 506
Newest member: Matt W

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Inquisition
By: Michelle on Jul 12

Cubify Star Trek 3DMe Mini Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 11

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 16 2013, 09:10 PM   #1
Gil T.Azell
Rear Admiral
 
Gil T.Azell's Avatar
 
Location: On the Left Coast
Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers)

..Returning???
__________________
When you walk into a building soaking wet and someone asks you if it is raining then just smile and answer:"No, I just took my fish for a walk!"
Gil T.Azell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2013, 10:52 PM   #2
EnsignRicky
Commodore
 
EnsignRicky's Avatar
 
Location: Somewhere Far Beyond
Re: Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers)

Oh no!! I've been spoiled.
__________________
Use Only As Directed
EnsignRicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 12:14 AM   #3
Gaith
Rear Admiral
 
Gaith's Avatar
 
Location: Washington, DC
Re: Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers)

No one cares about Space Wars anymore, man. It's the 2010s.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 02:56 AM   #4
davejames
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Sac, Ca
Re: Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers)

Frankly I'm more excited at the possibility of seeing the Millennium Falcon again.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 03:05 AM   #5
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral
 
JarodRussell's Avatar
 
Re: Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers)

davejames wrote: View Post
Frankly I'm more excited at the possibility of seeing the Millennium Falcon again.
Updated for newer audiences of course.
__________________
lol
l
/\
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 05:39 AM   #6
EnsignRicky
Commodore
 
EnsignRicky's Avatar
 
Location: Somewhere Far Beyond
Re: Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers)

The Millennium iCon
__________________
Use Only As Directed
EnsignRicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 05:40 AM   #7
sojourner
Vice Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers)

^We'll finally get to see it with all the body cladding that was missing, like the Y-Wings in the Clone Wars cartoons.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 05:46 AM   #8
intrinsical
Fleet Captain
 
intrinsical's Avatar
 
Location: Singapore
Re: Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers)

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
davejames wrote: View Post
Frankly I'm more excited at the possibility of seeing the Millennium Falcon again.
Updated for newer audiences of course.
With a blindingly white interior and lots of lens flares.
__________________
USS Sentinel, Luna Class (STO)
intrinsical is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 03:04 PM   #9
theenglish
Rear Admiral
 
theenglish's Avatar
 
Location: Suriname
Re: Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers)

intrinsical wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
davejames wrote: View Post
Frankly I'm more excited at the possibility of seeing the Millennium Falcon again.
Updated for newer audiences of course.
With a blindingly white interior and lots of lens flares.
It is nice that these guys are coming back to provide continuity, but I certainly hope that this movie does not fall into the trap of including too much from the old movies. It would be nice to see Han as a general or something, or Luke as a wise jedi master, but the story needs to be carried by a younger cast playing the next generation.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 05:18 PM   #10
sojourner
Vice Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers)

OH, it will most likely be a "pass the torch" situation. I highly doubt Han, Luke and Leia will be the main protagonists. Well, one of them may be the "old man" of whatever adventuring group is formed.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 05:26 PM   #11
Shawnster
Fleet Captain
 
Shawnster's Avatar
 
Location: Clinton, OH
Re: Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers)

Yes, as someone else suggested, I wouldn't mind seeing Luke as the "Obi-Wan" character. Leia, Lando, Han and Chewie could work well in the background or maybe only one scene or so. I can see a problem with trying to shoehorn in EVERY character, such as Force Ghosts Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anikan, etc...
Shawnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 06:10 PM   #12
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral
 
JarodRussell's Avatar
 
Re: Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers)

sojourner wrote: View Post
OH, it will most likely be a "pass the torch" situation. I highly doubt Han, Luke and Leia will be the main protagonists. Well, one of them may be the "old man" of whatever adventuring group is formed.
How I hate passing the torch movies.
__________________
lol
l
/\
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 06:27 PM   #13
sojourner
Vice Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers)

I like them better than movies where the lead is obviously too old for the part. (Que 1980's Roger Moore as 007)
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 08:08 PM   #14
davejames
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Sac, Ca
Re: Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers)

Shawnster wrote: View Post
Yes, as someone else suggested, I wouldn't mind seeing Luke as the "Obi-Wan" character. Leia, Lando, Han and Chewie could work well in the background or maybe only one scene or so. I can see a problem with trying to shoehorn in EVERY character, such as Force Ghosts Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anikan, etc...
Yeah, I wouldn't want every OT character thrown in there, but I'm okay with Han, Chewie, Luke, and Leia (although from her recent "open letter", it sounds like Fisher will probably be the one hold-out).
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 08:47 PM   #15
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral
 
CorporalCaptain's Avatar
 
Location: Kentucky
Re: Han Solo...(Possible Spoilers)

davejames wrote: View Post
Shawnster wrote: View Post
Yes, as someone else suggested, I wouldn't mind seeing Luke as the "Obi-Wan" character. Leia, Lando, Han and Chewie could work well in the background or maybe only one scene or so. I can see a problem with trying to shoehorn in EVERY character, such as Force Ghosts Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anikan, etc...
Yeah, I wouldn't want every OT character thrown in there, but I'm okay with Han, Chewie, Luke, and Leia (although from her recent "open letter", it sounds like Fisher will probably be the one hold-out).
Her bitter letter can be found at http://bullettmedia.com/article/char...princess-leia/.
__________________
John
CorporalCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
han solo, star wars

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.