RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,677
Members: 24,826
Currently online: 491
Newest member: ragster

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 17 2013, 02:59 AM   #571
timelord1010
Captain

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Marc wrote: View Post
CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
^ With a truly brilliant change of perspective as the ring passes by.

I don't recall any other time that stun was used in the six films.
Think its the only time stun has ever been used in the films.

They used stun on Princess Leia in New Hope.
timelord1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 03:23 AM   #572
CorporalCaptain
Admiral

timelord1010 wrote: View Post

Funny, we were just talking about that.
Old February 17 2013, 05:04 AM   #573
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

timelord1010 wrote: View Post

yes - the only time in the six film's it's been used as I wrote.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 06:36 AM   #574
JD
Admiral

Really enjoyed the episode. The exterior scenes after Asohka escaped the prison were gorgeous, honestly I think that was some of the best CG animation I've ever seen on TV. But the only other CG animated stuff I've watched is Reboot back in the '90s and Green Lantern so I don't have a lot to go on there.
Old February 17 2013, 12:18 PM   #575
USS Firefly
Commander

Why did they make Barris offee so young?
I thought that she was as old as Anakin?
USS Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 01:17 PM   #576
Saul
Rear Admiral

Cool episode. Is this set up for Ahsoka's goodbye?
Certainly a good story and lots of interesting locations designed for this. Good action too in the chase.

Anakin's car looks like a Starship.

Christopher wrote: View Post
Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Who was the female Jedi Ahsoka was talking to? She looked familiar but I couldn't place her. Is she the bad Jedi who set Ahsoka up? I know she was sad about that Jedi but she seemed suspicious to me. Or is she too obvious of a suspect?
I had to look her up myself. She's Barriss Offee, who's been a recurring character in the show, mainly in a story arc in season 2 where she and Ahsoka got to know each other. She's apparently still around up until Order 66 is enacted, so I doubt she'll turn out to be a bad guy here.
Humm, but I think I saw her last week walking in the background behind Ahsoka. This might be used as a possible flashback to events when she is finally caught.
Old February 17 2013, 01:37 PM   #577
CorporalCaptain
Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Agreed. I believe the first time we see how a Jedi builds their lightsaber?
The little bit seen in the deleted scene at the beginning of ROTJ notwithstanding, which shows just about nothing anyway, yeah. I don't know what the books and comics said about it, though.
Old February 17 2013, 02:21 PM   #578
Mr Light
Admiral

Part 1 was very underwhelming, but Part 2 was quite excellent and probably my all time favorite Ahsoka centric episode. The animation of Ahsoka's escape sequence was absolutely gorgeous and she really came off as a badass in that as well. I really loved the Death Star-y design of the military prison and the Vietnam Memorial Wall outside. Seeing her batting aside stun blasts was particularly cool.

Gee, I wonder who the disturbed Jedi framing her could possibly be... could it be the only non-Yoda/Obi/Anakin speaking Jedi in this episode... who was behaving strangely...? Naaaaaaaaah!

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 11:06 PM   #579
billcosby
Commodore

I wonder if this is the slow build up to Ahsoka's fate?

While I believe she will survive and live on to see screen time in the live action sequel series I wonder if we are in for an entire season six (or longer) where Ahsoka is either a fugitive with only secret ties to Anakin or if she will be back in the fold, business as usual once this story is through.

Palpatine would have a serious need to rid Ahsoka from Anakin, she is taking away from the "fear of loss" paradigm program that he's had in the works so that after Padme's death in ROTS he can claim him for the dark side.

There is still a lot Ahsoka can do in the run of the show. Her relationship with Obi Wan hasn't been explored much. She doesn't even know about Padme and her forbidden marriage to Anakin yet either; which would make for some interesting story. I hope they aren't writing her out of the series just yet... aspects of this episode besides Ahsoka did suggest the same. The Jedi being slowly removed from military matters, etc.

Was it obviously Palpatine force-choking the prisoner?

And I am just assuming that The Clone Wars will continue. It may get dropped by The Cartoon Network and "get lost" on it's way to DisneyTV in legalese. We know that the 6th season has been written but there's no guarantee it will see the light of day. Some assurance from Lucasfilm/Disney would be ideal.

I hope not. While episode 7 will almost certainly be delayed for quality control I was kind of hoping we could look forward to The Clone Wars leading up to the sequel trilogy. Sorry but I don't find the release date in 2015 to be realistic in the slightest.

Last edited by billcosby; February 17 2013 at 11:20 PM.
billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 11:12 PM   #580
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

billcosby wrote: View Post
I swear there was a Vader breath noise during that scene.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 12:08 AM   #581
Stephen!
Captain

Maybe that's why Anakin spent several months fighting in the outer rim, before being recalled, at the beginning of Revenge Of The Sith. It was more of an "exile" because he was becoming too attached.
Stephen! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 12:16 AM   #582
CorporalCaptain
Admiral

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
I thought that sound was just TCW's take on that oppressive rumble heard in ANH, TESB, and ROTS whenever Vader Force-choked someone. If so, that would suggest that it's a Sith or Dark Jedi doing the choking. Could it be Dooku, and he was masquerading as the Jedi he once was? We're kinda short on suspects here.
Old February 18 2013, 01:31 AM   #583
Mr Light
Admiral

I would be extremely shocked if Ahsoka wasn't cleared by the end of this 4 parter. The show doesn't tend to upset the apple cart very often (the end of the Maul arc nonwithstanding).

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 09:11 PM   #584
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

This could be foreshadowing Ahoska's "ultimate" fate but I'd be surprised if they wrapped up her arc prior to wrapping up the series. Her character is basically too tied into this series and was one of the purposes for creating the series and the film before it to wrap up before the show concludes. Unless they intend to surprise us. I suppose anything is possible. Filoni has said they wrote multiple endings and he and Lucas know her "fate" now.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 09:56 PM   #585
Locutus of Bored
A Certain Point of View

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
I thought that sound was just TCW's take on that oppressive rumble heard in ANH, TESB, and ROTS whenever Vader Force-choked someone. If so, that would suggest that it's a Sith or Dark Jedi doing the choking. Could it be Dooku, and he was masquerading as the Jedi he once was? We're kinda short on suspects here.
My money is on Maul.

- Sidious said he had plans for him at the end of the last arc now that he's his lackey again.
- Both Palpatine and Dooku are too high-profile to be sneaking around a prison on Coruscant, and it's not really their style. That's more of a henchman's job and in keeping with the kind of things Maul has done in the past in the EU (Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter had him sneaking around the Coruscant underworld).
- Since the last three episodes of the Maul arc were originally supposed to be aired with Revival at the beginning of the season before they split them apart, it would have been a relatively long gap between the two arcs before, and not an immediate follow-up with Maul again right after his previous arc.
- But the fact that they moved it to the back end to possibly pair it with this arc could indicate that they want to link the two and keep Maul fresh in people's minds.
- If he's appearing in this arc again, it would give Obi-Wan a last chance for closure both in bringing Satine's killer to justice or finishing him if he refuses to surrender (which he will) and for an epic battle with Maul to finish what he started on Naboo.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote