Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old February 14 2013, 06:15 PM   #31
DaveyNY
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to DaveyNY Send a message via Yahoo to DaveyNY
Re: KRE-O toys revealed, including new Klingon bird of prey!

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
King Daniel wrote: View Post
And that's the cool alien from the Kelvin bridge!
Different alien (Grasia) but supposedly same actress who played the non-CGI parts of Alnschloss K'Bentayr. I also see the mysterious Lt. Sprog in that set.

But ... no Pope Robau?
Patience, me boy - not until you see the white smoke go up from the rooftop of Bad Robot HQ.
..and if it's Gray Smoke...,

... that means they just decided to toss Robau into the fire...
I must go out in2 space again for the call of adventure cries. With a steady hand & robust crew I'll take her forth with pride. I must go out in2 space again to a vagabond Captains life. Where comets play & galaxies sway like whirlwinds in the night.
DaveyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2013, 08:15 PM   #32
MisterPL
Commander

C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
I think the only way Galoob name would come back is if Hasbro did a series of 2-inch Titanium diecast Star Trek ships like they did for both Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica.
Personally I'd prefer Action Fleet vehicles but I'd really like Johnny Lightning Star Trek ships to make a comeback. Those were nice.

Either way I couldn't manage to find the new Enterprise that Mattel allegedly produced. I ended up settling for the Hallmark ornament, which is actually pretty cool.
MisterPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2013, 05:05 AM   #33
Tribble puncher
Commander

I'm curious to know if KREO's are all hasbro has planned for the new movie, it would not surprise me, given as how the playmates action figure and playset line bombed, (I remember reading about all the stuff they had planned, but never released, a shuttle for the figures, a narada drilling platform playset, a star trek "cop" roleplay helmet) I would have loved to see some of that stuff, but I have to admit, playmates really borked the line by releasing a shoddy, incomplete bridge set. I got what they were trying to do, it just wasn"t a good idea. and vinyl mats are not acceptable as floors. Hopefully Hasbro releases a small line of figures, with the COMPLETE crew.
Tribble puncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2013, 05:45 AM   #34
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

MisterPL wrote: View Post
I think the only way Galoob name would come back is if Hasbro did a series of 2-inch Titanium diecast Star Trek ships like they did for both Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica.
Personally I'd prefer Action Fleet vehicles but I'd really like Johnny Lightning Star Trek ships to make a comeback. Those were nice.
I forgot about the Action Fleet vehicles, even though I've got quite a few of them in a big box in my closet. Those were awesome. Ditto for the Johnny Lightning ships.
Either way I couldn't manage to find the new Enterprise that Mattel allegedly produced. I ended up settling for the Hallmark ornament, which is actually pretty cool.
Most people had to find the Hot Wheels nuEnterprise from online stores. They were released fairly late, after most retail outlets had stopped ordering more ships for their shelves, IIRC.
Tribble puncher wrote: View Post
I'm curious to know if KREO's are all hasbro has planned for the new movie, it would not surprise me, given as how the playmates action figure and playset line bombed, (I remember reading about all the stuff they had planned, but never released, a shuttle for the figures, a narada drilling platform playset, a star trek "cop" roleplay helmet) I would have loved to see some of that stuff, but I have to admit, playmates really borked the line by releasing a shoddy, incomplete bridge set. I got what they were trying to do, it just wasn"t a good idea. and vinyl mats are not acceptable as floors. Hopefully Hasbro releases a small line of figures, with the COMPLETE crew.
I think Kre-O is all we're getting from Hasbro for Star Trek XII. With the movie's release now only months away, anything else would have been revealed at the recent Toy Fair, IMO.
Old February 16 2013, 07:56 AM   #35
Tribble puncher
Commander

MisterPL wrote: View Post
I forgot about the Action Fleet vehicles, even though I've got quite a few of them in a big box in my closet. Those were awesome. Ditto for the Johnny Lightning ships.
Most people had to find the Hot Wheels nuEnterprise from online stores. They were released fairly late, after most retail outlets had stopped ordering more ships for their shelves, IIRC.
Tribble puncher wrote: View Post
I think Kre-O is all we're getting from Hasbro for Star Trek XII. With the movie's release now only months away, anything else would have been revealed at the recent Toy Fair, IMO.

I pretty much agree with you, Hasbro is playing it safe given how poorly the playmates line did. I'll still be buying the majority of the kreo's though. Along with several of the hot wheels ships and the kelvin ornament.
Tribble puncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2013, 10:36 PM   #36
publiusr
Commodore

Gep Malakai wrote: View Post
That seems to confirm that this ship in the trailer is the new Bird-Of_Prey:

Now that's the ship I thought was the Intrepid--I see that I was mistaken.

In terms of toys, here are the smaller ships
http://io9.com/5983710/avengers-angr...?tag=star-trek
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2013, 12:56 AM   #37
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Any guesses who that is in orange, middle-right?
Old February 17 2013, 01:04 AM   #38
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

Khaaaann!

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
Old February 17 2013, 02:46 AM   #39
DaveyNY
Commodore

Scotty...

OOps... No... ... don't know my left from my right apparently...

Where's Dr. McCoy??

I don't see a dark haired, blue shirt one other than Spock...
(with the pointy ears)

...and who's the Red-head in the front row on the right??

And... how come No Female ones??
(though I do see Uhura displayed on the wall in the back.)

I also wonder who got taken out of the display and replaced by the two (three?) extra Klingons??
I must go out in2 space again for the call of adventure cries. With a steady hand & robust crew I'll take her forth with pride. I must go out in2 space again to a vagabond Captains life. Where comets play & galaxies sway like whirlwinds in the night.

Last edited by DaveyNY; February 17 2013 at 03:07 AM.
Old February 17 2013, 08:45 AM   #40
Saul
Rear Admiral

They drew a pair of boobs on it so i'm guessing Uhura.
Old February 18 2013, 03:34 AM   #41
DaveyNY
Commodore

Saul wrote: View Post
It could be her in the swimsuit...
She's got the top-knot hair-doo...

But her arms aren't brown like in the poster on the wall??
Old February 18 2013, 04:04 PM   #42
Saul
Rear Admiral

But the light is shining brightly on it. I think the shadowy part looks darker.
Old February 19 2013, 04:24 AM   #43
Good
Commander

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
I have an old Corgi TOS Enterprise model that opens up the secondary hull like bomb-bay doors to release its bright orange shuttle. And it fires photon discs out of the saucer.
Sweet! I'm looking at mine right now. Some dings and scratches, but I still have the shuttle. The yellow "photons" are long gone though.
Old February 19 2013, 05:50 AM   #44
billcosby
Commodore

Is the spoiler take away from this confirmation of the Klingon bird of prey and D7 in the upcoming film? Or am I reading too much into this?
Not sure about the ship builds (can the bridge figures sit in the chairs with the saucer on?) but the figures look great.

Saul wrote: View Post
Give Saul a cookie! You can't argue with that observation.

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 12:56 PM   #45
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

I'm not sure about the D7 - we saw that in the last film's Kobayashi Maru test, and Kre-o are releasing a Nero figure and Jellyfish and Kelvin models. Although I guess since they've kept the visual aesthetic so faithfully from STXI, it may well be reused or only slightly modified. The BoP we saw in the trailer. It looks more like a small fighter than a proper starship.

And yeah, I'm thinking that IS Uhura, and it's the lighting making her look white with an orange uni, instead of black with red.