Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 16 2013, 06:51 PM   #136
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Re: Young Justice, Green Lantern return January 5th

Damn, M'Gann (or however it's spelled) is pretty damned powerful when they want her to be. That was a packed episode, lots of action and reveals. I liked the way they showed Nightwing chewing on the evidence and truth at the end.

Aya has gone into full (if you'll excuse me) psycho bitch territory. It will be interesting to see how this plays out as there's blood on their hands now. Of course, in that Hollywood way it also conveniently resolves the situation with Gi'ata.

And Lord help me, it's not my normal type of thing at all, but I like those silly cute Amethyst shorts. Maybe it's the airing in small bites.

Oh, and they really should come up with a new name for Sportsmaster.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2013, 06:59 PM   #137
Christopher
Writer

The cool thing about Aya turning evil is that there's a bit of Azula creeping into Grey DeLisle's vocal performance.

I have a hard time believing, however, that Aya could be so simpleminded as to think that the way to assess the relative power of love and hate was to stage a physical combat between them. That's kind of a non sequitur, and too stupidly literal-minded for a superintelligence like her.

I wonder how much more we'll see of Carol as Star Sapphire. I imagine she'll be involved in the season finale, but will she return before that?

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2013, 07:22 PM   #138
Creepy Critter
Admiral

^ I agree about the trial by combat thing being way too simpleminded, but I suspect that Aya is downright malfunctioning now.

It's a real shame GL is getting canceled. For a cartoon, it's pretty deep. Same goes for YJ. Of course, there could have been or could be plenty of deep cartoons out there that I just missed.
Old February 16 2013, 07:31 PM   #139
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Aya's mistaken about being emotionless, she's being driven by hate (or love) more than ever, she just doesn't realize it. And nothing pushes rational beings over the deep end than that.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2013, 07:36 PM   #140
Creepy Critter
Admiral

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Aya's mistaken about being emotionless, she's being driven by hate (or love) more than ever, she just doesn't realize it. And nothing pushes rational beings over the deep end than that.
Exactly, the emotions of a jilted lover. I thought that was something they should have brought to her attention.
Old February 16 2013, 09:02 PM   #141
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Damn, M'Gann (or however it's spelled) is pretty damned powerful when they want her to be.
She is suppose to be even more powerful than Martian Manhunter according to him.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2013, 09:07 PM   #142
sojourner
Admiral

^Yeah and they still managed to forget that she has near Kryptonian strength and invulnerability.
Old February 16 2013, 09:24 PM   #143
Christopher
Writer

^Maybe her strength and nigh-invulnerability are functions of her telekinesis and shapeshifting powers, so with the inhibiting collar in place, she lacked them along with everything else.

Old February 16 2013, 10:19 PM   #144
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

How many Green Lantern and Young Justice episodes are left?
Old February 16 2013, 10:49 PM   #145
Christopher
Writer

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
How many Green Lantern and Young Justice episodes are left?
Four of each, apparently.

Old February 16 2013, 11:22 PM   #146
JD
Admiral

Damn, that's not enough.
Really enjoyed both episode. I do agree that the combat was a little bit to literal of a way to pit the two emotions, but I did think we got a pretty good fight out of it though. I was glad to return to the Star Saphire world, and I was glad to see more of Carol.
Wow, YJ was great. Lots of major reveals and some awesome fight scenes. I'm glad that they already have someone noticing that something is up with Blue Beetle.
Old February 16 2013, 11:25 PM   #147
Creepy Critter
Admiral

It really will be a shame to lose these shows. I'm glad they're going to finish out the run, at least.
Old February 16 2013, 11:48 PM   #148
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Will YJ be able to wrap up the Invasion are in just 4 episodes? I really don't want to be left hanging...again.
Old February 17 2013, 02:00 AM   #149
Christopher
Writer

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Will YJ be able to wrap up the Invasion are in just 4 episodes? I really don't want to be left hanging...again.
It was the intended arc for this season, so I'm sure they planned it to reach a resolution in the season finale, albeit perhaps with a cliffhanger to set up a third season -- just as with last season's finale.

Old February 17 2013, 02:08 AM   #150
DarKush
Rear Admiral

I thought both episodes for each respective series were pretty good this week. It sucks that they are both getting canceled because I think they've been very good this season. At least they'll end on high notes.

With GL, I really liked Carol and a lot of her lines, some were pretty amusing. And I think evil Aya is both scary and sexy. I'm glad that she didn't wilt just at the sight of Razer and has upped her villainy to another level. I wish though that they would redesign the Antimonitor suit to fit her better. Seeing Atrocitus again was pretty cool and I enjoyed the trial by combat.

As for YJ, a really good episode. They've done a really good job with Sportmaster, Cheshire, and Artemis throughout the series and that shined through here again. I also liked how the show has handled Black Manta. My favorite scene was where he blew up his own men to get to Aqualad. I also liked how Nightwing used some detective work to start putting the pieces together about Blue Beetle.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote