Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old February 16 2013, 09:55 AM   #781
scotpens
Vice Admiral

Re: Feline Follies

One time a small male cat showed up at my dad's doorstep, walked right in and made himself at home. Fortunately, the cat had a collar and tag. He belonged to someone who lived half a mile away! Outdoor cats do tend to roam, but neutered males don't usually wander that far. I imagined the cat traversing the neighborhood, going from backyard to backyard and chatting with old kitty friends like Burt Lancaster in The Swimmer.
Old February 16 2013, 11:39 AM   #782
Ghost07
Vice Admiral

Gah! What do I do now???

You make sure you have enough cat food and litter in the house, of course.

Do not worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia...Charles Schulz

LJ
Ghost07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2013, 12:39 PM   #783
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

We've had a bit of a crisis here so my housemate's girlfriend is staying with us for a bit. She's having to bring her own cat so I was wondering what advice people may have regarding introducing her cat to mine...
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2013, 06:31 PM   #784
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Woo. Problem resolved here. Kitty woke up this morning, "asked" to be let out. He went outside, looked around and then headed out in a very purposeful manner. Not running scared mind you. Just looked like he (she?) had some intent behind his course. And no, I didn't slam the door behind him or anything.

It remains to be seen if he will return.
Old February 16 2013, 09:28 PM   #785
macloudt
Shut up, I'm counting

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to macloudt

Well, even if kitty doesn't return, it spend a lovely warm night with you, and that deserves a "well done".

I must admit I'm a bit envious of the pics of your gorgeous kitties snuggling up with each other. Our longest-resident cat, Holly, dislikes all creatures except those which can fill her food bowl and scritch her behind the ears, so she never goes anywhere near Lucy and Lizzie. The latter two cats, despite being mother and daughter, barely tolerate lying close to each other. Snuggling is completely out of the question, because one will take a swipe at the other should they accidentally touch when sleeping next to each other. It's sad, really.
Old February 19 2013, 05:39 PM   #786
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

sojourner wrote: View Post
Woo. Problem resolved here. Kitty woke up this morning, "asked" to be let out. He went outside, looked around and then headed out in a very purposeful manner. Not running scared mind you. Just looked like he (she?) had some intent behind his course. And no, I didn't slam the door behind him or anything.

It remains to be seen if he will return.
He almost sounds like the cat my neighbors had when I was a kid. He started sitting on our windowsill one day so we let him in. Next thing you know he was spending a lot of his nights just sleeping at our place and then we'd let him out again when he wanted to leave. We had all the benefits of having a cat with none of the fuss!

Here he is sleeping on my bed.

Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 05:43 PM   #787
RoJoHen
Awesome

Depending on the neighborhood you live in, you can get away with that. My childhood best friend had a cat named Jackie who, for all intents and purposes, was a stray. She had a litter box and food in their garage, which they always left cracked open, but she was constantly roaming the neighborhood. Lived to be about 20-years old, too!

I'm too paranoid about my cat to ever let go outside for anything. She's a little wieny and would probably die within 5 minutes.
Old February 19 2013, 07:21 PM   #788
sojourner
Vice Admiral

I think my visitor was someone's indoor cat that got out. I'm guessing she went home and is now locked safe inside. At least I hope. Haven't seen her since.
Old February 20 2013, 07:14 PM   #789
B.J.
Rear Admiral

"LET ME OUT!!!"
Banshee gets a little vocal if we don't let her out of the cage immediately after we get home!
Old February 20 2013, 07:21 PM   #790
Redfern
Commodore

You did say she lost a substantial region of fur almost down to the muscle layers by being tossed from a moving vehicle, right?

From that angle, I can't even see those injuries. I take it she's healing rather well?

One thing you can't do with kittens (unless they are the Sphynx breed). With that fluffy fur, you can't get a good seal to blow "raspberries" on their tummies. Plus, they'd probably claw the crap outa' someone if they tried. (No, I've never attempted such myself. I'm not that stupid!)

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2013, 07:57 PM   #791
B.J.
Rear Admiral

Yeah, you wouldn't see the injury from this angle. The scar where she was sewn up is hardly noticeable, but her nub of a tail points at an angle. The fur is growing back, but it's still much shorter in that area.

She does seem to be slowly getting functionality back, though. This morning, she managed to get out of her diaper, and then proceeded to squat and pee on our bath mat. We couldn't decide if we wanted to be upset at her peeing there and not in the litter pan, or happy that she was deliberately peeing!
Old February 20 2013, 10:59 PM   #792
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

^ Well the bath mat was revenge for something, you can be sure.
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2013, 05:51 AM   #793
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

^Isn't that the truth?

Hubby has locked Junior out of his office since we got him in October. One day last week, he forgot and left the door ajar while we went out for a few hours. Hubby also had his space heater on, so space heater + cat pee = entire house smelled. Never could find the exact spot where he peed, either, so everything got cleaned, sprayed, aired out, etc.

I think Hubby just lost the battle for territory in our house.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2013, 06:30 AM   #794
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

What do you use to get rid of the smell?
Peach Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2013, 06:35 AM   #795
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Carpet cleaner and Febreeze Pet Odor Remover spray. That and having the windows open all afternoon.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote