Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old September 28 2012, 10:06 AM   #526
havoc92
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to havoc92
Re: NCC-1701 USS Enterprise Deck by Deck - WIP

Thank you. And, yeah, the shadowplay is pretty amazing. Not always what I expect; but, nice to look at. Definitely gives a sense of realism to the images.

This is the latest. You can see here the work has now been done in crafting the basis for the sides of the watertanks.. essentially bulkheads that will have a pressure door access
once finished. It's not on the plans; but, I don't know how you have a storage space that large with no access to do
inspections or cleaning as needed.

The first of the support structural frames can be seen between bulkheads in view as well. This will wind up being much added to and tweaked; but, the base is there now to work from. Both took quite a bit of time to derive; but, happy so far with the outcome. The last image shows a set of water towers in place. These look small to the space; but, combined with small pumps on the other decks, they'll serve to move water quite well throughout the ship. They need some work yet as the material broke on import and needs reapplied; but, very happy with this as well. Next will be work to the floors in this section. Haven't decided exactly how to do them yet; but, have some really good ideas brewing.
Old December 26 2012, 05:18 AM   #527
havoc92
Commander

Been working on finishing the plumbing for the water storage section of deck 4. You can see in the first
few images some thinking going on as to how I was going to handle floor bracing in the exposed area.
Didn't like the first approach, dumped it and went for something similar to what I did with the framing on
the Bridge deck. Overall, seems to be coming along well, so.. back to work. Enjoy!
Old December 26 2012, 02:29 PM   #528
Patrickivan
Fleet Captain

Brilliant stuff! Will you be including access points for personnel? Small crawl ways and such? Or do you think it would be more of a remove ceiling and wall panels for accessing any points of issue? That actually seems to make the most sense with TOS ships.

But ya- good work. I'm really enjoying this.

40 Years and ticking. Damn, that's too old fashioned.
40 years and still processing!
Patrickivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26 2012, 03:25 PM   #529
havoc92
Commander

Patrickivan wrote: View Post
Brilliant stuff! Will you be including access points for personnel? Small crawl ways and such? Or do you think it would be more of a remove ceiling and wall panels for accessing any points of issue? That actually seems to make the most sense with TOS ships.

But ya- good work. I'm really enjoying this.
Thank you. There will be access point(s); but, I haven't made a decision yet as whether to Go deck 5 corridor access or deck 4 crawl space. There are advantages to both; but, I think I'm liking deck 5 access better. Neither is on the floorplans; so, ..
Old December 27 2012, 06:41 PM   #530
havoc92
Commander

Still doing cut and cleanup work; but, ...

Old December 27 2012, 10:57 PM   #531
blssdwlf
Commodore

Nice! I can only imagine the polycount going up for the next decks
blssdwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28 2012, 06:12 PM   #532
Praetor
Vice Admiral

I continue to be impressed by your persistence, progress, and stunning achievements on this project. This is a feel-good thread.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29 2012, 12:52 PM   #533
havoc92
Commander

Thanks again

This is the latest. Still working on cleanup of the deck 4 framing. Big job; but, had to be done in order
to have a base mounting point for the deck 2 & 3 framing. The Blue necklace shaped spar will be the
central mount point for the framing on the upper decks. Since that is now in place, I've already derived
a base model to make the framing supports from for the upper decks. I also split the deck 4 walls for
inner and outer hull sections. The last image shows this as well as work done to the deck 4 flooring.
Been a very long and busy day of editing. Very pleased with the result though there's still a long way
to go to complete this section of the ship. Plowing forward.

And, Blssdwlf, yeah, the polycount passed batSh*tnuts a long time ago. I don't even want to know where it is at the moment myself lol
Old December 31 2012, 08:09 PM   #534
havoc92
Commander

Outer ribbing has all been trimmed and cleaned. They were booleaned to mate up with the "necklace"
ring I spoke of earlier. A few more mods will be needed to allow for the PWT feed through the aft
of the deck; but, no sweat. The last images show the buildup of the ribbing for decks 2 and 3 in
progress. Back to work
Old February 16 2013, 02:55 AM   #535
havoc92
Commander

Video recap of the most recent work. Been trying to get videos goin again. Took a while; but, finally..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW5OS9u7rQI
Old February 16 2013, 04:07 AM   #536
blssdwlf
Commodore

Glad to see you're still working on it!
Old February 16 2013, 11:30 PM   #537
havoc92
Commander

blssdwlf wrote: View Post
Glad to see you're still working on it!
Tryin. Gettin the time, interest and energy to line up nowadays is like hitting the lottery.
Old February 28 2013, 04:50 AM   #538
havoc92
Commander

Ok, still working the superstructure for decks 2-4; but, nearing completion.

This was in dozens of pieces as of the time this render was done. After a week worth of eyeballing,
measuring and stitching bits together, this is now largely in two pieces and I may have another update
yet tonight. I rechecked position on the windows and resultantly dropped the height of the window
placement on deck 2. The outer and inner hull sections have been cut to match the new placement.
Will have to mod the lowpolly skins as well; but, such is life.. Still workin it tonight; so, back at it.
Old February 28 2013, 05:28 AM   #539
blssdwlf
Commodore

Nice!

The window placements do offer a challenge though!
Old February 28 2013, 08:46 AM   #540
havoc92
Commander

Still workin; but, here's another update in place..

Still have a number of things to do; but, everything has been combined at this point. Now I have to
mod it for the bridge deck floor, gangway and the turbolift passthrough/support. Framing for the
observatory door is already done.