RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,704
Members: 24,834
Currently online: 425
Newest member: kamkaran

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 26 2012, 09:55 AM   #31
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

Re: New "Star Wars" comic set between ANH and TESB

Luke gets an another love intrest. I hope she will be an alien, i would also like it if they would wrap up what hpeened to Wyl Tarson and some other Empire castmembers.
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2012, 10:22 AM   #32
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Drago-Kazov wrote: View Post
The Han Solo Trilogy by Crispin is great.
Agreed. I love how perfectly she integrated the Brian Daley Han Solo books and the L. Neil smith Lando Calrissian books into her story.

BTW, Drago-Kazov, my old Marvel Star Wars comics are in a box at my parents house, but I'm going to guess that your avatar comes from Marvel's issue 21 or 22.
Old August 26 2012, 04:38 PM   #33
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

I love the smell of comics killing off Han in the morning.
Old August 27 2012, 07:09 AM   #34
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Drago-Kazov wrote: View Post
The Han Solo Trilogy by Crispin is great.
Agreed. I love how perfectly she integrated the Brian Daley Han Solo books and the L. Neil smith Lando Calrissian books into her story.

BTW, Drago-Kazov, my old Marvel Star Wars comics are in a box at my parents house, but I'm going to guess that your avatar comes from Marvel's issue 21 or 22.
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2012, 08:17 PM   #35
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Oh, so close! But still part of the original "Wheel" story written by the late, great Archie Goodwin.
Old February 14 2013, 07:50 AM   #36
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Two issues into this, and it is already one of my favorite comics. This is the Star Wars comic I've wanted Dark Horse to do for over 20 years. Brian Wood has a good feel for the characters voices and I'm intrigued by the concept of Leia forming a secret X-Wing squad.
Old February 14 2013, 08:04 AM   #37
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I absolutely loved issue one, and got issue two today but haven't read it yet. Probably my favourite SW comic since "Legacy".

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2013, 01:36 PM   #38
Saul
Rear Admiral

Well gents, spills some beans. What's the story about and who is in it?
Old February 14 2013, 01:45 PM   #39
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Saul wrote: View Post
It's about a timeframe that's already been documented with people we've spent too much time with already.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14 2013, 02:03 PM   #40
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Admiral James Kirk wrote: View Post
I've been rereading the Marvel Comics set in the post-ANH/pre-ESB era. Just great stuff fully representative of the swashbuckling fun of the first movie. Of course that's all they had when they wrote those books.
Well said. It was a raw, unexplored period before the hardline framework of TESB set the Marvel series on one course.

At the same time, I enjoyed unrelated stories set in the same period, like Splinter of the Mind's Eye,
Old February 15 2013, 01:52 AM   #41
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

ATimson wrote: View Post
It's about a timeframe that's already been documented with people we've spent too much time with already.
Speak for yourself. There are quite a few readers (like myself) who haven't had much (if any) exposure to the Rebellion era outside of the films. I've read more about Cade Skywalker than Luke Skywalker.
Old February 15 2013, 02:39 AM   #42
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

It features the ANH cast in the days following the Battle of Yavin. The rebels are searching for a new location for their base, but the Empire seems to always be one step ahead of them at every location that they scout.

Mon Mothma realizes that there is a spy inside of the Alliance, and she authorizes Leia to form a secret X-Wing squadron, including Luke and Wedge Antilles, outside of the chain of command with a two-fold mission: ferret out the spy and find a new base.

Meanwhile, Han and Chewie on on a mission of their own to Coruscant, while being tracked by Slave One.

On the Imperial side of the coin, Palpatine, as punishment for losing the Death Star, has relieved Vader of command of his Star Destroyer and replaced him with an ambitious new officer, who I image isn't long for this world.
Old February 15 2013, 04:17 AM   #43
ATimson
Rear Admiral

C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
Speak for yourself. There are quite a few readers (like myself) who haven't had much (if any) exposure to the Rebellion era outside of the films. I've read more about Cade Skywalker than Luke Skywalker.
In that case, you owe it to yourself to pick up the A Long Time Ago omnibuses of the Marvel comics that Dark Horse put out a few years ago.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2013, 05:07 AM   #44
CorporalCaptain
Admiral

I got the first two issues tonight. So far, so good; it has my interest.
Old February 15 2013, 05:23 AM   #45
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

ATimson wrote: View Post
C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
In that case, you owe it to yourself to pick up the A Long Time Ago omnibuses of the Marvel comics that Dark Horse put out a few years ago.
Agreed.