The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 12 2013, 08:09 PM   #1066
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Well to be fair, the last time Rick let outsiders into the group, it resulted in the death of his wife. So I can understand his reluctance this time around.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2013, 03:38 AM   #1067
JD
Admiral

Glen Mazzara did an interview about the last episode a couple days ago.
Old February 13 2013, 10:37 AM   #1068
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

wissaboo wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post

I don't know. Rick was only half-wrong about Tyrese's group. Two of them were already plotting to jump Carl and Carol and seize control of the prison.

And we've seen that Tyrese is a decent guy who wants to do the right thing, but Rick has no way of knowing this. He hasn't seen what we've seen.
Rick has had dissent from people in his group who wanted to take a questionable course of action; most notably Shane, but also Andrea and others. Tyrese has been very patient and civilized and those who were left at the prison have become familiar with him. Rick was in Tyrese's position at the CDC and with the voices on the phone, so if he were in his right mind I think he would choose differently.
and the farm.
Very true.
Old February 13 2013, 01:10 PM   #1069
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Can someone please kill Carl? He's annoying and I want to see Rick get even more crazy, then someone can put a bullet in his brain, Tyrese takes over as leader, they find Daryl and he rejoins the group. Oh, and get rid of Andrea and Michonne (both great character in the comics that suck on the show) in the season finale, thank you show!
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2013, 04:59 PM   #1070
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Takeru wrote: View Post
Can someone please kill Carl? He's annoying
Why do you find him annoying? He's growing up fast, in situations beyond his control.

and I want to see Rick get even more crazy, then someone can put a bullet in his brain
I'm no fan of Rick's delusions either, but he's still the straight man in a warped world. Other associates had/have serious flaws:
  • Shane was a jealous murderer.
  • Dale was a hyper-annoying lefty whiner obsessed with Andrea.
  • Merle--'nuff said.
  • Carol's husband--'nuff said.
  • Andrea was an asshole.
Daryl may be an effective second in command/organizer, but he still has standoff issues with Carol, and is too trusting of his "blood," Merle, when he knows Merle is abusive, and has no interest in being a part of the group. That character flaw makes him unfit to be absoulte leader, and after the farm's destruction, Hershel is more comfortable acting as advisor.

[qoute]Tyrese takes over as leader, they find Daryl and he rejoins the group. Oh, and get rid of Andrea and Michonne (both great character in the comics that suck on the show) in the season finale, thank you show![/QUOTE]

Michonne is due another sword massacre, and right now, keeping her as bomb waiting to explode / slight hurt issues over being rejected is where she will stay..unless the next eposide is the time for her to shine...
Old February 13 2013, 05:44 PM   #1071
davejames
Vice Admiral

Yeah I don't completely buy Rick's delusions either, but the idea is a cool enough one-- with the impact it's having on the larger story and the other characters-- that I can kind of roll with it.

It's much more interesting and compelling to have Rick go up against the Governor when he's not on his 'A' game, than if it was just normal, sane, badass Rick going up against him (because let's face it, the Governor wouldn't stand a chance against that guy).
Old February 13 2013, 06:02 PM   #1072
Takeru
Fleet Captain

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Why do you find him annoying?
Because of the stupid hat. He has become better this season but my Carl hate built up over two years, it's hard to let go and after Lori is gone he's at the top of my kill list ... wait, that's not true, I hate Andrea more, kill her first.

You didn't have to list the flaws of the others, it's not like I want anyone of them as the leader, that's why I picked Tyrese.
Of Rick's group the only members I genuinely like are Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Hershel and Carol (which surprises me, because for the first two seasons I didn't care for her that much although I always liked the actress), everyone else can go, add Tyrese, the father and son from the pilot and a few others and start over. I'm willing to give Michonne another chance, I'm just really disappointed that they don't seem to do much with her. Why did they introduce a fan favorite from the comics and then treat her like T-Dog? It feels like she's just the next black person who is on screen so that AMC can claim they have a diverse cast while all lines go to the white people.
Old February 13 2013, 06:02 PM   #1073
Pavonis
Commodore

Can someone please kill Carl? He's annoying and I want to see Rick get even more crazy, then someone can put a bullet in his brain, Tyrese takes over as leader, they find Daryl and he rejoins the group. Oh, and get rid of Andrea and Michonne (both great character in the comics that suck on the show) in the season finale, thank you show!
So you want to watch Hershel, Glenn, Maggie, Carol and Beth (along with with a baby) fight zombies? And why would Daryl follow Tyrese? Why would Tyrese want Daryl?
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2013, 06:36 PM   #1074
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Pavonis wrote: View Post
So you want to watch Hershel, Glenn, Maggie, Carol and Beth (along with with a baby) fight zombies?And why would Daryl follow Tyrese? Why would Tyrese want Daryl?
Them and a few new characters and Tyrese would want Daryl because the group tells him Daryl's in if he wants to. A leader is not the same as a dictator who decides everything by himself, f**k Rick.
Old February 13 2013, 06:59 PM   #1075
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

A leader is not the same as a dictator who decides everything by himself, f**k Rick.
Rick had to take charge. Without him making the tough decisions, its everyone going off in different directions--including resources, basic protection, etc. Would you prefer someone who will not make the hard, but fair/logical decisions? Daryl's not that guy, and the jury is still out on TV-Tyrese.

How about Shane in his place, or the Gov? Talk about inmates running the asylum...
Old February 13 2013, 07:04 PM   #1076
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Really? I found Carl annoying in the first two seasons but this season he's aligning more with the Carl from the comics.

I'm glad this show is back. I liked the episode, loved Daryl grabbing the crossbow and Tyreese and Sasha grabbing the tools. Although part of me would liked to have seen the two guys take on Carl

It does suck that Daryl left but it's understandable.

The people in Woodbury are annoying. Are they really that sheltered that they want to go outside? I know Rick etc think they're outnumbered but it's only a handful they have to worry about.

I agree with above posters who are frustrated with Michionne's character. I like mysterious characters when there's a good reason for it, but you'd think they could actually write a conversation for her.

Andrea seemed a bit more normal this episode. At least she was angry that the Governor kept the truth from her.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2013, 07:05 PM   #1077
davejames
Vice Admiral

So what, our main characters must always be perfect and likeable and do the right thing? Even while surviving the zombie apocalypse and losing the people they love??

I just don't understand this attitude people have. I fully expect and WANT the characters to do daring and controversial things on this show, and to be unlikeable at times.
Old February 13 2013, 07:09 PM   #1078
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

davejames wrote: View Post
So what, our main characters must always be perfect and likeable and do the right thing? Even while surviving the zombie apocalypse and losing the people they love??

I just don't understand this attitude people have. I fully expect and WANT the characters to do daring and controversial things on this show, and to be unlikeable at times.
and Andrea didn't know what we knew. She probably still doesn't know as much as we know.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2013, 07:54 PM   #1079
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

What's wrong with Rick? He's not doing what he's doing out of malice. He's having a mental break because of his feelings of guilt over Lori, Shane, Carl, and everyone. It's only been a week since Lori died. I don't understand disliking the character for it. Lincoln conveys the character's suffering quite genuinely IMO.

The group would have disintegrated by now were it nor for him, and what could he do? Kidnap Daryl and force him back to the group? Rick and Daryl's motivations and the reasons for their behavior don't come across as dictatorial or selfish in any way. Quite the opposite. Yes, Tyrese will be an asset. Rick will see that in time.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2013, 08:07 PM   #1080
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
What's wrong with Rick? He's not doing what he's doing out of malice. He's having a mental break because of his feelings of guilt over Lori, Shane, Carl, and everyone. It's only been a week since Lori died. I don't understand disliking the character for it. Lincoln conveys the character's suffering quite genuinely IMO.
The passage of time on the show has always been confusing to me. For example in season 2 Carl gets shot and then two episodes later he's on his feet recovered. So presumably they were on the farm for quite some time between those two episodes and this complete recovery.

Yet, this season they're elongating 1 week over several episodes.

I understand people's frustration and confusion over Rick's mental break down because it seems as though it's occurring over a much longer period of time.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote