RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,674
Members: 24,823
Currently online: 562
Newest member: voyagerman49

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 10 2013, 07:39 PM   #736
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Re: Power Rangers

Some might notice this from "Goseiger"

Vrak will gain a second form.

He's carrying the box containing the second set of villain for "Megaforce" who were sealed away.

In episode 2 of Megaforce one of the drawings on the board foreshadows them.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2013, 07:55 PM   #737
Christopher
Writer

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
Troy was definitely having a flashback. Later in the episode Creepox mentions to Vrak and Malkor that he encountered a human that refused to fight him.
Ahh, but remember your Power Rangers history. Many times over the series, characters have battled villains in alternate dimensions, in dream realities, even inside storybooks. So Creepox could've contacted Troy on a psychic or astral plane, and by PR-verse standards, that could've been as "real" as a confrontation in the physical world.

It just seems to me that if the pilot opened with Troy having a vision of a future event, that means he has some kind of psychic ability. So if we see him zoning out in class and that leads into a confrontation with Creepox, I think it's reasonable to take that as a second instance of his psi powers rather than just some random bit of bad editing. True, there's a lot about this show that's ineptly handled, but I'm holding out hope that this actually means something.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11 2013, 06:26 PM   #738
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
Kelthaz wrote: View Post
Troy was definitely having a flashback. Later in the episode Creepox mentions to Vrak and Malkor that he encountered a human that refused to fight him.
Ahh, but remember your Power Rangers history. Many times over the series, characters have battled villains in alternate dimensions, in dream realities, even inside storybooks. So Creepox could've contacted Troy on a psychic or astral plane, and by PR-verse standards, that could've been as "real" as a confrontation in the physical world.
That's an excellent point. I hadn't considered that.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11 2013, 06:30 PM   #739
Christopher
Writer

^Then again, someone on another board pointed out that it was odd how the Troy-Creepox confrontation just fizzled out without Creepox attacking. That could be explained if Creepox approached Troy psychically with a challenge to battle in the real world, which Troy declined.

Or it could just be that the writers don't have a clue what they're doing and I'm reading too much into it. Time will tell.

Old February 12 2013, 01:33 AM   #740
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Saban has a PR20 bus full of Rangers going around New York today as part of the big "Mega Monday" that Saban hyped

Megaforce also made a quick appearance on Good Morning America this morning.

Old February 13 2013, 07:02 AM   #741
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Here's a gallery of Bandai's PR stuff at Toy Fair.

Action Figure Insider

It's mostly Megaforce, but there's a few anniversary items, including the MMPR morpher set and Megazord in the old style packaging.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2013, 07:42 AM   #742
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I'm up to episode 18 of Samurai. It's not tedious to watch anymore. The gold ranger, Deker and a shady red ranger have made things more interesting.

I also checked out the intro for Megaforce. Did they have to use the same theme song again?
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 07:22 PM   #743
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Kyoryuger opening and first morph for Daigo the red ranger

Old February 18 2013, 07:51 PM   #744
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
*henshin clip*
Well, that was different. But not bad-different like Jungle Fury's Solar Morphers.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 02:41 AM   #745
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

We've seen worse. In any case, I can see Saban wanting to fast-track this one for the dino-angle alone. Over Go-Busters, perhaps? I quite liked the latter, but apparently I'm in the minority.

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 03:25 AM   #746
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

The reason why there's no yellow ranger this year is because they're not strong

http://r25.yahoo.co.jp/fushigi/wxr_d...5-00028313-r25

Translation
http://henshinjustice.com/2013/02/18...-kyoryuyellow/

“This is actually not the first time a team is without a Yellow member, J.A.K.Q, Battle Fever J and Dengeki Sentai Changeman never had a Yellow member. When it was decided that the Kyoryuger’s would be required to defeat a dinosaur in order to be able to transform, we wanted the characters to be absurdly strong. In order to show this, we chose to have more male characters over female characters. Seeing how modern Yellows have been female, we couldn’t have a male Yellow. If the Yellow was a male, the kids would probably think is feminine and we wanted to avoid that.”
Wha? The good news is that this is this years chief producer's opinion. Next year someone might think differently
Old February 19 2013, 01:59 PM   #747
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

Modern Yellows? Hurricanger..?

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 03:35 PM   #748
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
We've seen worse. In any case, I can see Saban wanting to fast-track this one for the dino-angle alone. Over Go-Busters, perhaps?
No, Go-Buster will be adapted before Kyoryuger, Saban doesn't get to decide which seasons he adapts, it has to be in order.

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
Modern Yellows? Hurricanger..?
Hurricanger is not modern, it aired in 2002, that's ancient considering sentai is targeted at five year olds. The last male yellow was in Magiranger in 2005, still long before the current target audience was born.

However, I still think it's idiotic to say kids might think a male yellow is feminine because of the color. You want strong characters, show them being strong. And if they don't want a male ranger who could be seen as feminine, why did they decide to give black some pretty feminine poses? Not that the poses make him weak, but neither does the color yellow.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 03:49 PM   #749
Christopher
Writer

^In my experience, Japan tends to be 20-25 years behind America when it comes to gender attitudes and equality. Which is why Power Rangers 20 years ago was casting female Yellow Rangers to replace the male ones in Super Sentai. It sounds like SS ended up following PR's lead in that respect but now is having a backlash.

Old February 20 2013, 01:37 AM   #750
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
Which is why Power Rangers 20 years ago was casting female Yellow Rangers to replace the male ones in Super Sentai. It sounds like SS ended up following PR's lead in that respect but now is having a backlash.
This is ridiculous. There were two female rangers from Bioman to Jetman. Zyuranger was the first in almost eight years to have one female. The yellow being female/male depends on whose producing and writing. They had a yellow males from Zyuranger to Kakuranger probably because of the same writer. Gingaman to Abaranger probably because of how popular Gingaman and Gaoranger was.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote