The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 11 2013, 06:52 PM   #1036
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Honestly, I think Rick made the right call when it came to refusing to let Merle back into the group. Five minutes into the rendezvous in the woods and Merle was already stirring up trouble and picking fights with everyone in sight. Let's not forget, there was a reason Rick had to handcuff him to that rooftop in the first place . . . .

And regarding Tyrese's group . . . well, at least two of the newcomers were already plotting to seize control of the prison, so Rick's not entirely wrong in suspecting that these strangers could pose a danger to Carl and the others.
Yes, I would have liked to see Alan and Ben try and take away Carl's gun. Do they forget that this kid kept his head and rescued them from a walker infested prison?

Tyreese would have been digging three graves.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11 2013, 07:06 PM   #1037
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

DarthTom wrote: View Post
Part of the problem IMO with the long term sustainability of this show is I'm starting to get the 'rinse repeat,' sense on the plots. People will start to get bored if there isn't more of a mission for the group to complete.
Thank the episodic nature of the source, even if the TV series is not adapting every plot panel by panel.

Daryl has to learn the hard way about what makes a family; Glenn telling him that the group is family should have meant something to him--along with the fact that extreme personalities (Merle, Shane, the two jail punks) have never worked out well.

Patterns count, and Merle follows a form of it that will only lead to more tragedy for Daryl, and likely cut a permanent rift between the group and himself.

Rick's loony syndrome/guilt must end soon; it was explored enough with his "Rick the Barbarian" initial reaction, and the imagined phone call, so it just seems like a cheap way to have his guard down when enemies come calling.
Old February 11 2013, 08:10 PM   #1038
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

It's only been a week in show time since his wife died. His son had to shoot her. Members of his group are dying; he's not sleeping well, under constant stress and having to put aside this major traumatic loss in his life which, for some reason, he feels responsible because he didn't reconcile with the disloyal thing. How quickly can a person bounce back? There's the crushing guilt for killing Shane as well. Personally I think Rick deserved better friends and family but for some reason the character loved them.

More people would probably be like Rick in that situation than be "normal."

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11 2013, 09:41 PM   #1039
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Did everyone cheer a little when Daryl grabbed the crossbow?
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11 2013, 11:22 PM   #1040
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

To paraphrase Kevin Smith in "Talking Dead" afterwards, it's like the moment where Indiana Jones reaches back to grab his hat right before the stone door slams shut. Classic Darryl.

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11 2013, 11:51 PM   #1041
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

They're not making it easy for Daryl, that's for sure; nobody gets it easy in the Zombie Apocalypse. Rick made the right decision not to let Merle back, and Daryl made the only decision he could-- as Carol said, he has a code, so he will go with Merle until Merle definitively proves that he doesn't deserve Daryl. Rick made the wrong decision about Tyreese's group, though, but it was all about him being crushed by responsibility. It's significant that he was about to change his mind when Laurie appeared. His subconscious can't deal with more potential guilt.

This will be a problem for his credibility as a leader, though. It's generally a bad idea to start screaming at your dead wife in public. Those types of conversations are best held in private.
Old February 12 2013, 12:17 AM   #1042
propita
Rear Admiral

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
It's generally a bad idea to start screaming at your dead wife in public. Those types of conversations are best held in private.

I'm still liking the show. Tyrese and Sasha stepping up to take the pickaxe and shovel? Smart of them. They're going to have to give up the father and son--who are in shock but total idiots. And they better not kill Sasha either. Wtf is it that they won't have a black character with substantial lines for long? I'm amazed they haven't offed Michonne, regardless of her popularity.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2013, 12:18 AM   #1043
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Rick made the wrong decision about Tyreese's group, though, but it was all about him being crushed by responsibility. It's significant that he was about to change his mind when Laurie appeared. His subconscious can't deal with more potential guilt.
I don't know. Rick was only half-wrong about Tyrese's group. Two of them were already plotting to jump Carl and Carol and seize control of the prison.

And we've seen that Tyrese is a decent guy who wants to do the right thing, but Rick has no way of knowing this. He hasn't seen what we've seen.
Old February 12 2013, 12:19 AM   #1044
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

propita wrote: View Post
It's generally a bad idea to start screaming at your dead wife in public. Those types of conversations are best held in private.

I'm still liking the show. Tyrese and Sasha stepping up to take the pickaxe and shovel? Smart of them. They're going to have to give up the father and son--who are in shock but total idiots. And they better not kill Sasha either. Wtf is it that they won't have a black character with substantial lines for long? I'm amazed they haven't offed Michonne, regardless of her popularity.
Let's just hope they keep more than one black female at a time. Otherwise Sasha is a goner.

Although it does seem the writers have no clue about what to do with Michonne. I'd feel better about the character's future if they could give her a personality.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Old February 12 2013, 02:12 AM   #1045
Zod
Commander

You guys read about the ratings? Wow! The show has broken another cable ratings record for last nights episode.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/11/th...record-rating/
Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2013, 02:19 AM   #1046
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Zod wrote: View Post
You guys read about the ratings? Wow! The show has broken another cable ratings record for last nights episode.

Wow! AMC better hold on to everyone involved with this show! Oh wait....
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2013, 02:30 AM   #1047
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Zod wrote: View Post

Wow! AMC better hold on to everyone involved with this show! Oh wait....
Now that the ratings are so high, they will have to cut costs further to maximize profits. Joe the Janitor will be producing the next season now.
Old February 12 2013, 03:09 AM   #1048
JD
Admiral

I enjoyed the episode.
I think I can understand both sides of the Merle debate. After all he is Daryl's brother so you can't blame him for siding with him, but he did prove to be a danger to the group so Rick has a point to. Same goes for the Tyrese situation. While we've seen that him and his group seem to be basically good people, for Rick and his group they are complete strangers, and we've seen how well that's worked out for them in the past.
Old February 12 2013, 03:35 AM   #1049
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Ethros wrote: View Post
Just let Tyresse and Michonne be a part of the team already, I'm getting bored
Yes please. This show can be so frustrating.

Also, I know she's never been very talkative but did Michonne have no lines at all? Just a lot of angry staring... again?
Old February 12 2013, 03:48 AM   #1050
PKerr
Rear Admiral

I don't know if anyone is or has read the comics but I am current in them, in some ways I wish the show would follow the comics more (Tyreese and Michonne are both fantastic characters) and in other ways I wish it wouldn't come anywhere close to the stories there.

The whole delusional Rick thing got old fast and they drug it on WAAAY too long, I have a feeling we are going to be stuck with that the rest of the season.

Just like commented above Rick doesn't know what a good guy Tyreese is, in the same token he has no idea what the father/son had planned, just a few episodes ago he was begging illusions to take them in and keep them safe but now when others ask the same of him he flat out says No, I don't care for than and I'm really starting to dislike Rick.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote