TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old January 10 2013, 01:48 AM   #31
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: One Dollar Audios

So, I downloaded it and I notice there's a PDF named Vortex 46.pdf, it's a whole newspaper, lots of ads, but, looks to be quite a bit of Interview stuff as well. Do you get this with all/most/many downloads, and I've been ignoring it? If so, I need to re-unzip my other purchases to get to past issues. Just the one that came with this download will be some fun reading material. I assume the "46" is 46th monthly issue?

I generally just go straight to burning the CD and getting rid of the unzipped files, and save the Zip. Since I keep the discs in CD wallets, instead of individual jewel cases, I don't even bother with printing the covers (Maybe 1 day, I'll print them all and put the stack in the Wallets as well

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2013, 02:22 AM   #32
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

This is what happens if you don't follow my facebook. :P I don't want to post everything here, because it makes me feel like I'm nothing more than a walking advertisement, or shill, for Big Finish.

Vortex is their monthly magazine. A printed version is included with all CD shipments. All current and past issues can be downloaded here - http://www.bigfinish.com/vortex

Do you check your RSS feed for Big Finish? If not, start doing it. You never know when something will show up. The first Voyage tale, for example, showed up just after the first of November, much earlier than scheduled. Typically, I get the download about a week before the CD shows up in the mail.

I thought both Voyage tales were extremely well done, and it makes me want to hear more from Jago and Litefoot.

As I understand it, Sixie meets up with them during their fourth season, set sometime before these two stories.

There is also an upcoming Fourth Doctor story where he also meets up with an older J&L.
Old January 10 2013, 02:34 AM   #33
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
This is what happens if you don't follow my facebook. :P I don't want to post everything here, because it makes me feel like I'm nothing more than a walking advertisement, or shill, for Big Finish.

Vortex is their monthly magazine. A printed version is included with all CD shipments. All current and past issues can be downloaded here - http://www.bigfinish.com/vortex

Do you check your RSS feed for Big Finish? If not, start doing it. You never know when something will show up. The first Voyage tale, for example, showed up just after the first of November, much earlier than scheduled. Typically, I get the download about a week before the CD shows up in the mail.

I thought both Voyage tales were extremely well done, and it makes me want to hear more from Jago and Litefoot.

As I understand it, Sixie meets up with them during their fourth season, set sometime before these two stories.

There is also an upcoming Fourth Doctor story where he also meets up with an older J&L.
I don't know about RSS Feeds <Sindatur scribbles down another tech he needs to Google and learn to understand>

Off to watch the Reconstruction of The Abominable Snowman for the first time (And haven't heard the story, I only know faint hints from later stories)

Old January 10 2013, 03:01 AM   #34
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Sindatur wrote: View Post
I don't know about RSS Feeds <Sindatur scribbles down another tech he needs to Google and learn to understand>
On the bf site, go to your account. Click on the "Subscribe to RSS" link, either towards the top/center, or on the right side of the screen (they do the same thing).

It will bring up a funny looking page with yellow background. Click the "subscribe" button. It'll ask you where you want to save the favorite. Choose your toolbar, call it BF or something simple.

Then, as long as you stay logged into BF, it will constantly stay updated with your latest available downloads. It'll know about them before you do!
Old January 10 2013, 10:10 AM   #35
Pindar
Rear Admiral

View Pindar's Twitter Profile

Pindar, yea, it'll be awhile before I get around to either of them. Currently listening to Harry Potter Series and only a little over halfway through Book 5. I figure by the time I finish HP, I'll have Gallifrey S4, both of these, and probably pick up some Colin/Evelyn audios, and have a Whoniverse feast
Having listened to all of those I would suggest the 2 Voyage downloads before Gallifrey.

Actually no, save them, I found S4 dissapointing and these were excellent.

Ooh, look just spotted this: http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...-5-box-set-784

I didn't think there would be another series of Gallifrey.

Last edited by Pindar; January 10 2013 at 10:28 AM.
Pindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2013, 01:52 PM   #36
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Pindar wrote: View Post
Pindar, yea, it'll be awhile before I get around to either of them. Currently listening to Harry Potter Series and only a little over halfway through Book 5. I figure by the time I finish HP, I'll have Gallifrey S4, both of these, and probably pick up some Colin/Evelyn audios, and have a Whoniverse feast
Having listened to all of those I would suggest the 2 Voyage downloads before Gallifrey.

Actually no, save them, I found S4 dissapointing and these were excellent.

Ooh, look just spotted this: http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...-5-box-set-784

I didn't think there would be another series of Gallifrey.
Yea, typo, I have Gallifrey S4 already, it was different, and not as good, but, I did enjoy it for a change of pace. I actually meant S5, that comes out in Feb, but, yea, I'll listen to the smaller stuff first and then new Gallifrey

Thanks for the RSS info Omaha

Old January 10 2013, 08:45 PM   #37
Candlelight
Admiral

Be really awesome if they would do $1 downloads for the missing episode releases.
Old January 10 2013, 09:22 PM   #38
VDCNI
Captain

Audiogo do downloads of the Missing Stories at some not bad prices. They have Volume 5 of the Lost TV Episodes collection for $14.99 which isn't bad for 6 stories.
VDCNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2013, 11:37 PM   #39
Pindar
Rear Admiral

The cd prices from the BBC for the lost stories are outrageous.
Old January 11 2013, 04:01 AM   #40
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
On the bf site, go to your account. Click on the "Subscribe to RSS" link, either towards the top/center, or on the right side of the screen (they do the same thing).

It will bring up a funny looking page with yellow background. Click the "subscribe" button. It'll ask you where you want to save the favorite. Choose your toolbar, call it BF or something simple.

Then, as long as you stay logged into BF, it will constantly stay updated with your latest available downloads. It'll know about them before you do!
OK, cool, thanks, I subscribed as I was Pre-Ordering Gallifrey V, and understand how it works

Oh, and I just listened to the trailer for Gallifrey V, and now I'm really excited. And S6 apparently comes out in October

Sorry, returning you to Dollar Audios

Last edited by Sindatur; January 11 2013 at 04:15 AM.
Old January 15 2013, 01:58 AM   #41
Candlelight
Admiral

VDCNI wrote: View Post
Audiogo do downloads of the Missing Stories at some not bad prices. They have Volume 5 of the Lost TV Episodes collection for $14.99 which isn't bad for 6 stories.
Wow, 3 pounds for Power of the Daleks! That is so much better than a CD.
Old February 11 2013, 01:40 AM   #42
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

Two well-regarded Rob Shearman audios, The Holy Terror and The Chimes of Midnight, are available for £5 (about $8 in the US) on CD or £2.99 ($2.99 in the US) for download for a little while longer. Link.
Old February 11 2013, 09:55 AM   #43
Pindar
Rear Admiral

The Cimes of Midnight is one of my favourite 8/Charlie adventrues.
Old February 11 2013, 12:55 PM   #44
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor

Brendan Moody wrote: View Post
Two well-regarded Rob Shearman audios, The Holy Terror and The Chimes of Midnight, are available for £5 (about $8 in the US) on CD or £2.99 ($2.99 in the US) for download for a little while longer. Link.
It should be noted that Big Finish has made this offer because Steven Moffat recently mentioned in an interview these two stories were his favorite Sixth and Eight Doctor stories along side the actual series.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 12:30 AM   #45
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

Another Big Finish offer: for two weeks the Eighth Doctor Adventures, a series of single disc adventures starring McGann with Sheridan Smith as companion Lucie Miller, are available for £5/$8.13 apiece for CD or £5/$5 for download. You can also subscribe to each series for a slightly better deal. Details here.