RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,601
Posts: 5,404,708
Members: 24,870
Currently online: 518
Newest member: The Hooded Man

TrekToday headlines

Star Trek: Gold Key Archives Vol. 2 Comic
By: T'Bonz on Oct 1

Cumberbatch In War Of Roses Miniseries
By: T'Bonz on Oct 1

Trek 3 Filming Location Revealed
By: T'Bonz on Oct 1

October-November 2014 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Cho Selfie TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

TPTB To Shatner: Shhh!
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 8 2013, 11:58 AM   #1
The Haunting
Admiral
 
The Haunting's Avatar
 
Location: Starkers
And the title of the Gaiman episode is...

As expected...









The Last Cyberman
__________________
Werewolves on the Moon Now with a Walk Amongst the Tombstones review

"God! Whose hand was I holding?"
The Haunting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2013, 12:06 PM   #2
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral
 
Jar Jar Binks's Avatar
 
Location: Skywalker
Re: And the title of the Gaiman episode is...

No surprise there, we all saw what Rory Williams did to them. (He was just nice enough to let the Doctor take the credit.)
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2013, 08:27 PM   #3
MacLeod
Admiral
 
Location: Great Britain
Re: And the title of the Gaiman episode is...

Well IAGMTW Rory had a question, "Where is My Wife?" and a message from the Doctor, which was more or less answer the question or be destroyed.

And anytime a title mentions the Last of something, expect it not to be the last.
__________________
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9 2013, 11:13 AM   #4
The Haunting
Admiral
 
The Haunting's Avatar
 
Location: Starkers
Re: And the title of the Gaiman episode is...

It isn't like they destroyed every Cyberman in AGMGTW, it was just one fleet...
__________________
Werewolves on the Moon Now with a Walk Amongst the Tombstones review

"God! Whose hand was I holding?"
The Haunting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 9 2013, 11:57 AM   #5
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral
 
Jar Jar Binks's Avatar
 
Location: Skywalker
Re: And the title of the Gaiman episode is...

It was a joke, guys.
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9 2013, 01:11 PM   #6
Gov Karnstein
Admiral
 
Gov Karnstein's Avatar
 
Location: Gov Kodos Regretably far from Boston
Re: And the title of the Gaiman episode is...

Last Cyberman, there's a reason Daleks call killing them pest control.
__________________
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Karnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9 2013, 02:01 PM   #7
Evil Headhunter
Doctor of TARDIS
 
Evil Headhunter's Avatar
 
Location: Emh
Send a message via ICQ to Evil Headhunter Send a message via AIM to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Yahoo to Evil Headhunter
Re: And the title of the Gaiman episode is...

Good to know they didn't bother changing the title after that script was found in the taxi. I really like it.
__________________
"Eccleston was a tiger and Tennant was, well, Tigger. Smith [is] an uncoordinated housecat who pretends that he meant to do that after falling off a piece of furniture." - Lynne M. Thomas

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Evil Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9 2013, 04:10 PM   #8
Lonemagpie
Writer
 
Lonemagpie's Avatar
 
Location: Yorkshire
Re: And the title of the Gaiman episode is...

MacLeod wrote: View Post
Well IAGMTW Rory had a question, "Where is My Wife?" and a message from the Doctor, which was more or less answer the question or be destroyed.

And anytime a title mentions the Last of something, expect it not to be the last.
Especially when the trailer clips and set photos show there's more than one of the buggers...
__________________
"I got two modes with people- Bite, and Avoid"
Reading: Coyote Moon (Jon Vornholt)

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9 2013, 05:31 PM   #9
diankra
Commodore
 
Location: UK
Re: And the title of the Gaiman episode is...

So, just to theorise, could this be a Dalek/Power of the Daleks style story, with one apparently powerless Cyberman prisoner/survivor playing nice or being tortured, but actually it's been setting up production lines and converting people all over the place? The brief was, after all, 'To Make Them Scary Again'...
__________________
"Some days are better than others. They say that where I come from."
"Loudly, I imagine, on the day you left."
(Blake's 7 - Rumours of Death)
diankra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2013, 03:47 AM   #10
intrinsical
Fleet Captain
 
intrinsical's Avatar
 
Location: Singapore
Re: And the title of the Gaiman episode is...

diankra wrote: View Post
So, just to theorise, could this be a Dalek/Power of the Daleks style story, with one apparently powerless Cyberman prisoner/survivor playing nice or being tortured, but actually it's been setting up production lines and converting people all over the place? The brief was, after all, 'To Make Them Scary Again'...
That is Moffat's shtick, not Gaiman's.
__________________
USS Sentinel, Luna Class (STO)
intrinsical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2013, 02:39 PM   #11
The Wormhole
Admiral
 
The Wormhole's Avatar
 
Re: And the title of the Gaiman episode is...

intrinsical wrote: View Post
diankra wrote: View Post
So, just to theorise, could this be a Dalek/Power of the Daleks style story, with one apparently powerless Cyberman prisoner/survivor playing nice or being tortured, but actually it's been setting up production lines and converting people all over the place? The brief was, after all, 'To Make Them Scary Again'...
That is Moffat's shtick, not Gaiman's.
Gaiman himself actually did say this episode is meant to make the Cybermen scary again, his exact words.
__________________
"Internet message boards aren't as funny today as they were ten years ago. I've stopped reading new posts." -The Simpsons 20th anniversary special.
The Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2013, 09:24 PM   #12
Candlefright
Admiral
 
Candlefright's Avatar
 
Location: Candlelight
Re: And the title of the Gaiman episode is...

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
intrinsical wrote: View Post
diankra wrote: View Post
So, just to theorise, could this be a Dalek/Power of the Daleks style story, with one apparently powerless Cyberman prisoner/survivor playing nice or being tortured, but actually it's been setting up production lines and converting people all over the place? The brief was, after all, 'To Make Them Scary Again'...
That is Moffat's shtick, not Gaiman's.
Gaiman himself actually did say this episode is meant to make the Cybermen scary again, his exact words.
'Bout bloody time. Every episode featuring the Cybermen has been blah for the new series. Get them swarming over people like Borg and that'll get the fans interested again.
__________________
"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
Candlefright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2013, 09:29 PM   #13
Tzenkethi
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: And the title of the Gaiman episode is...

To make the Cybermen scary we need a reminder of what they are: a human idea.
Tzenkethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11 2013, 10:24 AM   #14
The Haunting
Admiral
 
The Haunting's Avatar
 
Location: Starkers
Re: And the title of the Gaiman episode is...

Skywalker wrote: View Post
It was a joke, guys.
Sorry

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
MacLeod wrote: View Post
Well IAGMTW Rory had a question, "Where is My Wife?" and a message from the Doctor, which was more or less answer the question or be destroyed.

And anytime a title mentions the Last of something, expect it not to be the last.
Especially when the trailer clips and set photos show there's more than one of the buggers...
Well I was wondering if maybe it starts with a bunch of them but they're wiped out except for one...
__________________
Werewolves on the Moon Now with a Walk Amongst the Tombstones review

"God! Whose hand was I holding?"
The Haunting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 11 2013, 10:31 AM   #15
Konata Izumi
Commander
 
Konata Izumi's Avatar
 
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Re: And the title of the Gaiman episode is...

Tzenkethi wrote: View Post
To make the Cybermen scary we need a reminder of what they are: a human idea.
Words of wisdom. Though I'd put less emphasis on Cybermen slowly losing themselves to technology, and more on swarm mentality. Slowly turning their brains off.

Maybe in The Last Cyberman,
, also the reason for adding stuff to themselves.

Last edited by Konata Izumi; February 11 2013 at 10:48 AM.
Konata Izumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.